Will a gtx 1060 3gb bottleneck with an i7 920 2.67ghz?

Will a gtx 1060 3gb bottleneck with an i7 920 2.67ghz?

Attached: 6122.jpg (192x192, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35v5XX7P6j4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have to be more specific.
What application?

This, but likely it wont for the vast majority of stuff.
And a whole thread didn't need to be made for this. Next time use the "/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread"

I have a GTX 660 and an i5-4460

i'm real out of the loop with pc stuff. what do you mean by application?

>i'm real out of the loop with pc stuff. what do you mean by application?
What programs do you intend to run on that computer?
If it's games, most games in existence will run perfectly on it.

ah gotcha. yeah i meant for video games. no one in particular just in general. deciding between a 1050 ti and 1060

Afraid so. An FX-4350 has a higher single core performance than the 920. When OC'd the 920 has a single digit percent boost but that's nothing. You will not be able to push the GPU.

Nvidia is less cpu dependant you should be fine in most cases.

i'm getting conflicting reports here lads

At 1080p 60fps low to medium (where you should use these cards for) it won't be a problem. Download msi afterburner and look for yourself. If you hit the targeted fps you dont have a bottleneck.

Just depends on the game. Take for example the Witcher 3. Technically the i7-920 is below minimum system requirements, but it can still let a GTX 1070 shine. youtube.com/watch?v=35v5XX7P6j4

Attached: i7-920 Still Rules.png (609x1301, 537K)

Yes, actually.

a little bit, but not enough to make you regret your purchase
more than enough for comfy 1080p gaming on mid-high settings

should have also mentioned i'm 900p gaming right now

>gtx 1060
>1080p low to medium
I don't know what world you people live in. I have a 960 and I run most stuff on high at 60fps 1080p.

I was assuming worst case scenario. Beside Medium and high doesn't differ much visually on most games.

Not really, you can just OC your CPU a bit and do just fine
I had a i7-930 running at 4.2GHz paired with a GTX Titan, which is about as powerful as a 1060 6GB, running just fine

You could also upgrade to a 6 core i7 970 for like $80

>900p
Just get a new monitor, damn

i'm working on real low funds at the moment. only reason i'm looking at a card is because mine just died

It's not rly conflicting big aaa titles with a lot of shit going on like ashes of singularity and gta v are gonna be bottlenecked by your cpu. Still you are going see an improvement over the 1050ti.
If you are on budget think about what do you want. At which situations did yu feel that your system is limited and need to upgrade?

Drive for Lyft or something

No. Bottleneck is meme.

Attached: bullshit.jpg (400x400, 49K)

my card that just died was absolutely my worst part. it was a gtx 570. 900p doesn't really bother me at all

Attached: Your bottleneck is bs bs is bs.png (1920x1080, 620K)