UTorrent must die so torrenting can be truly free and libre

How do we get rid of this botnet from our torrent swarms, Jow Forums?

Banning IPs with uTorrent isn't enough.

How do we kill this uBotnet for good so that torrenting can be free and open source as it should be?

Attached: ubotnet.png (1000x1000, 58K)

ip banning is useless. tracker admins should put utorrent to blacklisted clients.

It's simple, make something better.

Attached: heath_ledger_batman_movies.jpg (1200x688, 517K)

Is qbittorrent better

Why is it bad?

lmao dude
got him good! xD

>Why is it bad?
this.
i have been using 2.2.1 forever

Attached: 1534312926611.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

been using 2.2.1 for maybe 5 years or so with no problems no botnet

seems cool
stop being an ass OP

Attached: 1524611100936.jpg (1400x787, 143K)

>15 years later, the open source community still hasn't managed to produce anything better

sad

lmao my dudette! Got FOSS good this time! xDD

tell those japs, who I seed to, to quit using bitcomet

nice 2014 thread

this

To be a swarm really requires uTorrent users, since freetard clients don't exactly connect to each other very well.

no

top kek

Why would you give a shit what normies use?

cringe

lolwut?

>Why is it bad?
Major scale adware BS happened. And not of the op-out kind you can avoid if you have at least two working brain cells, but from the in-program update feature, with zero questions asked.
Not sure about its current state, but back when still had 3.2.1 and finally decided to click that update button after a while of seeing the new version notification on startup.
>firewall pops up multiple prompts of (assumably) the updater wanting to access the internet
>before even having read through those, anti-virus lights up with multiple notifications of suspected shenanigans and uninvited program installation attempts being stopped
>stop the update immediately, kill the associated process and run thorough virus scans, fortunately turning up all clear
>register to uTorrent forums and politely but firmly express your frustration and disappointment in the developers' for sinking this low and including this low in the hopes of a few more bucks
>try logging in the next to see if the devs have answered
>banned

uBotnet must be stopped

Make something better than uTorrent 2.2.1
If it'll make you feel better I have a seedbox running transmission-cli and web interface enabled.

I like the progressive download functionality on linux

does anybody know how to stream with mpv and seek whenever I want (so the torrent app immediately starts downloading the part I just selected)?

>Make something better than uTorrent 2.2.1
What is qBittorrent

>22 MB vs 400 KB
>10x more CPU for the same UL/DL speed

I'd say it's bloat.

rtorrent, transmission-cli, btpd

Join an open source torrent client project, example qBitTorrent.
Make a script that automatically limits the upload ratio to 1 or 0 kbps on uTorrent clients.
Make a commit.
Push this to other torrent clients, transmission/picotorrent/deluge/ktorrent.

qBitTorrent is infinitely better and rTorrent performs better.

>Implying installation size matters

You don't have a 16GB drive anymore, boomer

>downloading anything instead of webtorrent -mpv

Go make one yourself or try to figure out a way to use the internet without a middle man

no one uses utorrent higher than 2.2.1

I got a an email notification for download Mr. Robot season 1 on Utorrent 2.2.1. Should I just stop torrenting now? Serious question.