Why is javascript so complicated and bloated ??!!

why is javascript so complicated and bloated ??!!

Attached: 1529865726006s.jpg (250x214, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Equality_comparisons_and_sameness#Loose_equality_using
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Arithmetic_Operators
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's beneficial for the botnet

its literally the same for every language... the only language that i can think of that isnt bloated is go.

>not C
>not any RISC assembly
It's like you don't even know how to into hardware engineering.

dumdum

what about lua

>Hey we need one language to validate forms.
>Hey we could use it to send async data
>Hey we could build interactive websites
>Hey we could build webapps
>Hey we could write apps for mobile and desktop.

>>Hey we could write apps for mobile and desktop.
It was all fine up til here, fuck Electron.

the ecosystem is too fragmented.
>3 ways of doing async
>es5/6/7/2018, typescript, coffeescript, dart, kotlin, etc
>a """"beginner""""" stack probably includes more dependencies than most full-fledged c++ applications
>using a web scripting language to write desktop apps

>automatic type conversion on some comparison operators, and such don't have an alternative
>closures in a fucking scripting language leading to insane memory leaks because people are too fucking dumb to know how to program JS in any sane way
>standards are absolutely whack, null and undefined existing at the same time, null has type object lmao what the fuck
>standard library is so fucking bad we get shit like 'left pad' and async requests are build on the god forsaken XMLHttpRequest() abomination
shall i go on?

This Lua is the only language that is simple, had stayed that way, and always will be. Happens to be one of the fastest too. Lua should've been used for the web, prove me wrong.

Lua is fucking ugly.
The standard library is so dogshit, that C has more utility

Lua could do all of these things right now. While still being simple and very fast.
This is about the web. No way I'd run an unknown exe in my browser. You could easily rewrite the Lua lexer/generate bytecode some other way you make it look very close to c. The browser would really just be running bytecode/or Lua src. Hell, if people didn't like it that much just fork and use the Lua engine and replace everything to do with language structure.

C isn't "lean", it just has no real features.

what other language has this kind of bullshit

Attached: g96QleC_d.jpg (328x323, 6K)

You're literally just describing web assembly.
You can compile C into web assembly. I assume most major sites are/have been trying to replace some of their JS with WASM

Wouldn't that literally be the definition of "lean" then?

I'm more talking about what JavaScript should have been.

why are you so complicated and bloated?

>ITT OP trying to recreate the glorious JS thread from yesterday

Attached: oyve.jpg (819x1024, 63K)

Who gives a shit? If you don't like it, just compile some other dogshit language into WASM, and use that. Lua is fucking terrible. At least JS has C-style syntax, like a proper white man's language

>batteries not included
>complicated and bloated

Attached: 1534005656403.jpg (326x283, 19K)

Read this then this JavaScript has issues because it was designed horribly from the start. Lua could easily have a different syntax as I described before.

How big is v8? Check and weep.

How about you read some shit lmao
At least it prevents errors

Node is 23 megabytes
Meanwhile in C++ land

>tells other to read anything
>can't even read the documentation himself
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Equality_comparisons_and_sameness#Loose_equality_using
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Arithmetic_Operators

Attached: unknown.png (831x419, 80K)

>TCC fits on a floppy disk.
>Duktape is less than 1mb
Python is real villain here :^)

>Microshit
I don't give a shit. How about libc and libc++? Those are actually minimal. Microsoft only hires pajeets now and fired their testers.

>23 MB
LMAO openbsd's kernel is about that size. Lua when *running* takes less than half a MB. Weep js fag.

You're the biggest nigger alive, congrats.
>libc is small
k
>libc++ is small
lmao

It's as if you've never heard of uClibc or any of the libcs that are actually small

Take your Lua and ram it up your ass :33

>Lua actually is minimal
>Divert to c++ and c
Nice shifting of the goal posts. Funny that node/v8 is written in c++ but Lua is in c. By your own rules, node is now extra bloat.
I'll play your game
>tfw lic is 2.1M on my system
>tfw libc++ is 827K on my system (depends on libc of course)
>tfw that's a lot smaller than node
Go cry in a corner. Beaten by your own goalpost shifted standard.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dagashi Kashi S2 - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.39_[2018.03.10_13.49.08].jpg (1280x720, 101K)

k

literally just a got a junior frontend job
they use JavaScript but know it's fucked and even asked me what i hate most about it.

such is life of a web developer

programa em lúa é uma delícia

WTF are you on about ? JS is one of the simplest languages out there. It was implemented in a single week ! You can teach JS in a matter of hours.

You aren't confusing JS with the DOM are you?

>>documentation
describing bullshit doesn't make it not bullshit.

How convenient, somehow you just happened to ignore the second half of the comment there.
Is little user afraid to learn something in his life?

Does it do this it's part of the standard
I'm talking about Lua. That's all this has been about. Since both node and Lua depend on libc (node libc++ too) it is a common factor, thus, largely irrelevant and clearly a diversion to keep from talking about how shit JavaScript is.

Technically you could static compile, and you wouldn't be depending on anything

how can i find the function to set the password in ASCII code in js? pls help

>Wouldn't that literally be the definition of "lean" then?
No that would be the definition of a cryptic and boring language that only experts in the field understand because they're ""used to it"".

Functionality should come through libraries or you get a bloated language. A standard library is a grey area.

If you were any good at programming you would know all languages can be verbose if you suck.

Attached: 20180705_124001.jpg (3984x2988, 3.57M)

vanilla js is pretty straightforward
the problems start when you stack 10 frameworks and tools