How to deal with left leaning nature of tech

when working as a software engineer.

Some of the best software jobs are with "progressive" start ups. Been a while since I have worked for companies like these. How bad is the political environment in places like these? I am fairly conservative as I assume most of Jow Forums is. Is it possible to escape and be able to do my own thing? Can I still hold strong bonds with coworkers, if I just keep my mouth shut about politics?

Attached: VZLLCBAF3M2VDMOCXG65BCQ4G4.jpg (960x540, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nRWdWpgDHDA&
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm asking specifically about politics in tech. Jow Forums is probably just going to "name the jew" and go off topic.

>fairly conservative as I assume most of Jow Forums is
we're a tech board, I wouldn't assume that. protection of privacy is a non-partisan issue

Most start ups don't discuss politics in any real manner. It's largely seen as unprofessional. That doesn't mean people won't make accomodations like giving Muslims a prayer room or LGBT people a gender-neutral bathroom - what keeps the employees happy generally keeps management happy and productivity strong. Just don't expect someone to shove it in your face over lunch. If you pop a vein at seeing a gender-neutral bathroom sign however, maybe you aren't cut out to really work in a professional capacity.

>gender-neutral bathroom
It should just be LGB. Fuck this tranny shit
t. fag

>If you pop a vein at seeing a gender-neutral bathroom sign however, maybe you aren't cut out to really work in a professional capacity.

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 13K)

They have general neutral bathrooms at Qualcomm. How dies it affect you? Why would it even upset you?

Liberal Democrat confirmed...should the animal lovers get a petting room at work too? Hell why even work indoors...

You don't have an animal room? Sounds like you're not in a good place in terms of your career.

Most tech companies that actually build interesting things don't put a leash on you anyways. You have general deadlines on the work you do, and how you get there is up to you.

I don't get the issue americans have with gender neutral bathrooms. No company I've worked for or school I have gone to has had gendered bathrooms.

>office has single room bathrooms
>essentially equates to gender neutrality since it's only one toilet
>most women that work here work in accounting
>therefore never have a problem with the bathrooms
The only liberal non-sense I hear here is about illegal immigrants should not be deported and Texas should be a blue state.

Actually most women prefer female only bathrooms for sanitary reasons, Google it I'm too lazy to do anything more than comment

That's a really odd claim to make, generally female bathrooms are a lot more disgusting than male bathrooms.

ITT: A question about workplace enviroments turns into a discussion about gender neutral bathrooms.

I've heard that female bathrooms are way worse than men's bathrooms. The worst you'll find in men's bathrooms are some droplets of piss on the seat or floor, meanwhile women are dealing with bins full of used tampons and aborted fetuses.

who cares lole

>I am fairly conservative as I assume most of Jow Forums is
Jow Forums is 100% anarcho-libertarian, same with Jow Forums and 99% of the planet.

Rape is high in the US and with it being a Christian majority country, men being with women is haram

>im incapable of dealing with other opinions that are not mine.
Conservatard indeed

Attached: p3ve4bgz8jg11.jpg (799x729, 106K)

>not realizing that not being left leaning in tech is a death sentence

you're not going to make it brah

Politics don't belong in the workplace

>work at Valve (video game company for you non-gamers)
>male, female, and "non-binary" bathrooms
>male bathroom is out of order
>all men are forced to either hold it for 9 hours or use faggot bathroom
>go in faggot bathroom
>smells worse than any bathroom I've ever been in before
>small trash can beside toilet is full of hollow dildo-shaped plastic things with some orangeish yellowish brownish filth all over them
>the most vile disgusting homosexual demonic graffiti I've ever seen on all the walls and mirrors
>see "trans-vaginal dilator" dispenser on wall
>realize what those things in the trash can are
>almost vomit
>unzip pants and just piss on the floor then leave without washing hands
>buy $50 worth of toilet unclogging gadgets and unclog the toilet in the men's bathroom myself instead of waiting for plumber
>get a raise for fixing bathroom
>there is still no Half-Life 3

>"politics don't belong in the workplace"
>proceeds to put up posters on all the walls about how all white people deserve to be killed and Donald Trump making out with Putin
>get fired if you say anything about it

Well, they're women. They're delusional.
Today at work one of the women was saying how she went to the bathroom that's commonly seen as "dirty." Another one of the ladies was like "ew that's so gross." The men (including me) use whichever bathroom is closest and don't really give a shit.

I'd say that he's right that women would prefer it for "sanitary" reasons even if their bathrooms are more gross than men's. I can say from experience as a maintenence guy that the women's rooms were ALWAYS more dirty than the men's and rooms.

name one company that has enacted this scenario you just made up

>fuck this tranny shit
t. Tranny Derangement Syndrome

That's the point, if the secret got out that 3d women are disgusting they might have to pay for their own meals

and his name was Albert Einstein

Apple

Work somewhere else. Mine has no nonsense

>muslim prayer room
>google it
>its a real thing

Attached: 1526903545343.jpg (233x217, 5K)

As always the answer is to hide your power level.
Conservatism is a mental illness. Nut up and be a full blown fascist or libertarian, otherwise everyone will rightly assume you're just a retard who's scared of change.

Meanwhile in reality normalfags aren't even sure where roads come from.

Attached: smug.jpg (275x430, 28K)

Not sure why you wouldn't accomodate this if you have a spare room and you have a lot of talent from the middle east. For what it's worth, most prayer rooms aren't specifically Muslim - if you just want a quiet place to pray go ahead. I sometimes stop in there just to do some tech quiet reading away from everyone else.

>a lot of talent from the middle east
Most of us aren't writing code for bombs, no.

Most of us aren't writing anything.

That's silly, middle easterners aren't writing code for the bombs they use - US contractors are.

100% of us are writing shitposts.

Attached: ccccc.png (1280x720, 261K)

Most of what liberals want are truly racist. You just have to make fun of them for it.

I had a girl at work say that the only reason Hispanics aren’t in tech is because white people are privileged and we are gate keeping.
So I asked if she thinks we need to do something about it? She said yes of course.
I then said she had a “white man’s burden” and that it’s white mans job to bring poor Hispanics into tech cause they aren’t capable. It truly is a racist view.
This just happened this week and I think I may be in trouble.

That sounds like a seriously comfy perk. I'd gladly take a small pay cut for something like that.

I'm a liberal but I agree that any attempts to dismantle meritocracies in favor of forced equality of outcome is deeply misguided. Of course companies that focus on diversity hires are thinking long term - when AI makes all jobs including tech obsolete the companies with more diversity hires (who won't be tasked with any real, critical work) will simply be more marketable for consumers.

This

Based

get the fuck back to plebbit you liberal scum

Attached: russian_flag.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

Move to texas.
There's another tech industry there.

open your fucking eyes to other stuff rather than sucking CNN's dick you'll see faggot

2 years. still not over it. LMAO.

This was a great thread for baiting the Shareblue NN shills on this board.

That's pretty ironic considering the influx of people here from r/the_donald and stormfront in the past few years.

your moral delusional moral faggotry has no power here. did i mention hypocrisy?
go to politics and circlejerk there cunt

Have you paid attention to anything that he's done in the past 2 years?

That's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

whoah.. this blew my mind...

you have to be like them user. if you're silent they will assume you're another alt-right drumpf supporter, a misogynist, a nazi racist holocaust denier homophobe.
just blame trump for stupid shit like a pen falling on the ground out loud every now and then

Have you? im not even american but i can clearly see trump is leaking the whole CIA, FBI, Obama's and hillary's corruption blood out to dry in the public.
i mean you idiots tried every fucking thing and he still won. get fucked.
adding to it, you are not even trying to hide it anymore in banning republicans and conservatives over all forms of social media.
oh you will be the first to get a bullet in the mouth. that i can guarantee if civil war starts.

sounds like he won user. perhaps you should go back. you aren't intelligent enough to be here. :^)

support microsoft
embrsce consumerfaggotry

Why are you a racist who denies global warming OP?

>That's silly, middle easterners aren't writing code for the bombs they use - US contractors are.
If by US contractors you mean IDF and Mossad then you are correct.

>l-look it up
how convincing

Do you even know how to program? What are you doing here? I can't imagine someone with the skills required of being in this field becoming so incensed. I also don't understand why, if we don't agree with what a president is doing or don't care that an office has made concessions for it's employees that we must be some far-left liberal extremists. Political discussion on the site (other than /b/) used to be a lot more nuanced.

For the OP, you really have nothing to worry about. Colleagues that work together, are competent, and aren't trouble makers generally don't push this shit on you.

the real question is how do you stop the president of the company from spamming company wide email with fucking ESSAY sperg outs every time trump blows his nose, without losing the ability to get the emails from him you actually need.

Attached: 0_95a69_4b4452b5_XL.jpg (800x600, 134K)

You don't accommodate this because it brings religious beliefs directly into the workplace. IBM in the 60s was probably 90% Christians yet they didn't have designated prayer rooms, they just all saw each other on Sunday.

Deep, very deep. Most people probably won't get the subtext behind this

I'll be the first to get a bullet in the mouth?
You don't even know who I am, just that I don't appreciate big Donald working against the interests of the country.

I'm not even sure how you manage the mental gymnastics to justify Trump siding with Putin over the US fucking government. What is more likely, the entire US government, with tens of thousands of employees, is part of some conspiracy, or Trump is a crook?

Politics became a zero sum game in 1964. Nuance is unnecessary unless you have a high opinion and hold yourself as some kind of pedantic intellectual.

Does that really happen?

>Nuance is unnecessary
You heard it here first folks, no longer do you need to make informed opinions and decisions, or even base your beliefs in reality!

yeah i know how to program you faggot. that's exactly why i have such a strong dislike to liberals and their diversity hires.
did i mention propaganda whores who cannot work and put in HR but have more power than a software developer in changing the rules there.
it was more nuanced because you fuckers were happy with spying your own citizens.
now, because you guys are being outed, you are unhinged. doing every dirty trick in the book possible. every secret is being outed by you idiots now. it's only time before hillary and obama are linked to pushing those fake dossiers.
go swallow a blade liberal faggot. every liberal scum thinks he can inject le blumpf into any discussion and if anyone even mentions against it, they are fired.
what a delusional idiot you are. atleast accept you are going full on fascist censoring everyone whilst calling everyone nazis.
jeez

yeah fuck intelligence

>I am fairly conservative as I assume most of Jow Forums is\

Attached: 1532130162953.jpg (267x389, 48K)

false statements that you can't back up in you post that are based off of your feelings and not actual facts
>trump sided with russia
false trump has signed the most harsh sanctions Russia has faces and ordered actual attacks on Syria.
>the entire US government, with tens of thousands of employees, is part of some conspiracy,
Your statement is an appeal to the collective when in reality much of the people who have been actively trying to subvert the sitting president have been hundreds at best and only a dozen or so at the highest levels.

It's little surprise your so liberal. You have zero critical self awareness of your own stupidity. yikes.

gg ez

hey it's working for delusional liberals. so, dont mind me doing the same.

No. Fuck off.

Attached: 7fb202df34e3ce571b1e1523f9e43877.jpg (511x496, 72K)

>you are not even trying to hide it anymore in banning republicans and conservatives over all forms of social media
Interesting. The same people who were 100% OK with the NFL deleting kneeling players are now bawling when Alex fucking Jones gets removed from some websites.

Attached: tyson.jpg (723x400, 93K)

I've never called anyone a nazi. Also I'm posting on Jow Forums, I'm absolutely against the surveillance state and censorship. You think that's an exclusively right-wing position?

>trump has signed
do you understand how the governmental structure operates?

We're in a total war my dude.

>Been a while since I have worked for companies like these.

I find it funny that so many conservatives are worried about being somewhere that they have to coexist with liberals. The whole alt-right media conspiracy bullshit ecosystem has done well convincing the gullible that liberals are something other than regular americans with mostly but not entirely the same political values.

The same thing sometimes happens on the left too but usually manifests as a rural/urban divide: "I'm moving to a rural red state, will I be shot by a gun nut and lynched by the kkk?"

If you are asking these questions then you need to put down Facebook and get out more. Maybe travel a bit. Seriously. The vast majority of Americans are just normal people who have almost entirely the same values with what are really only small differences blown out of proportion by the media you consume.

>Congress places bill in front of president
>president signs it or doesn't
>if he doesn't it needs to recycle through with a greater majority
trump had final say and pulled the trigger. kys yourself my dude :^)

I agree with this sentiment. 99% of americans love their country and it's values on some level, whether they consciously think about these things or not.

Sounds like you haven't been in a hyper liberal dogma infused environment before. probably flyover retard tbqh, but I envy the bliss of your simple ways

How do you deal with the left leaning nature of reality?

d..do you honestly think those are the same? holy fucking idiot. bite a cactus cuck.
do you even know to stand up for a national anthem? pretty sure you hate your country if you think kneeling down is okay.
also they dont even know what they are kneeling for most of the time other than trump hates it. pure hypocrisy.
adding to it, they were told in binary talk if you kneel, you are done.
alex jones was banned on vague points over 10 companies co-ordinated under 6 hours when others liberal pages are unsurprisingly safe from those accidents when they broke the guidelines.
elsagate videos are still there. white genocide pages are stil there.
you want to argue, alex jones is more hurtful.
get the fuck out of here you fluid fucker

>>Congress places bill in front of president
>>president signs it or doesn't
>>if he doesn't it needs to recycle through with a greater majority

This is wrong. If he doesn't sign, it becomes law in 10 days. AKA pocket veto.

I'm not following your little argument but just thought I'd correct you there.

biology has a conservative bias. but, your indoctrination in turning boys into sissies is working very well. i can give you that.

So what exactly would you define Trump refusing to disclose his meeting with Putin to intelligence agencies? That's not exactly to the benefit of the US.
Or how about revealing classified info to Russian officials?

I seem to recall you saying
>the whole CIA, FBI, Obama's and hillary's corruption blood
Which are massive organizations with thousands of people. When Trump refuses to co-operate with those agencies, it hampers the US' ability to conduct effective foreign policy.

don't be delusional

Back to infowars with you, non-delusionalboy.

>I'm moving to a rural red state, will I be shot by a gun nut and lynched by the kkk?
Yes.
t. Idaho
A guy I used to hunt with went to prison for car bombing a Prius with California plates.

boring

read some actual left economical critique books before spewing forth your standard noxious garbage, perhaps you'll think twice.

Attached: 61ll2bIgu9L._SX355_.jpg (355x354, 40K)

>Which are massive organizations with thousands of people. When Trump refuses to co-operate with those agencies, it hampers the US' ability to conduct effective foreign policy.
have you missed the part where they got the fake dossier to start off russian investigation.
have you missed rosenstein and strzok's trial?
you still think they are working in the best interests of your country?
how idiotic are you? they are compromised. clean that shit out, then trump will talk.
>we will stop him
if you are defending this statement, you are an idiot.

>Sounds like you haven't been in a hyper liberal dogma infused environment before. probably flyover retard tbqh, but I envy the bliss of your simple ways

Wrong, I'm at my job in downtown NYC at a fancy tech firm. Literally in one of the "nap rooms" near the frankly unecessary VR stuff for employee use. One of my coworkers is transgender. But nobody actually talks about it, nobody gives a shit, some of my coworkers are conservative and its a nonissue because there's no "liberal dogma" just like there aren't kkk lynch mobs roaming the streets of Mississippi.

Its you who are deluded, sorry.

lol @ the Trump is WAICIST meme.

That's why he gave a homeless black woman a centra park view appartment to live in for 8 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=nRWdWpgDHDA&

When anything that isn't from breitbart or a trump tweet is fake news.

Attached: 1339550542744.jpg (894x801, 118K)

>>I'm moving to a rural red state, will I be shot by a gun nut and lynched by the kkk?
>Yes.
>t. Idaho
>A guy I used to hunt with went to prison for car bombing a Prius with California plates.

There's always an example of something. But how many other millions live there perfectly safely and happily?