Over the past year I bought 3 laptops from different brands all with 4GB Ram and Quadcore processors...

Over the past year I bought 3 laptops from different brands all with 4GB Ram and Quadcore processors, all with Win 10 and HDDs. All of them weren't in any way useable out of the box, they were so f***ing slow I felt this was 1990 again.
I wasted whole days disabling everything and following all the guides I could find on google and while it did improve a little it was still nowhere near my 5 year old laptop.
So I ought and installed SDDs and finally I could use my laptop without going insane, but still, its a bit worse performance than my 5 year old Win 7.
Still when searching online I read the majority of people praising Win 10, so what gives? How can they have such a different experience than me?

TL DR: Every laptop I buy with Win 10 is complete utter bulls**t, yet a lot of people praise it. Is this some secret conspiracy against me? Am I going crazy, or maybe I'm just stupid?

Attached: mswindows2_2040.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ala615y2Y2Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm using a LV core 2 duo laptop from 2007 with Win10 just fine and is pretty snappy considering its specs.
dunno m8

I only use windows 10 because i like to game, and one thing I learned about it is NEVER go 4gb of ram, only 8 to above and at least a I5 processor

Most people praising windows 10 haven't used it in an professional environment....or for anything other than browsing facebook and playing gaymes.

No you are not crazy, windows 10 is hot garbage for anyone who looks deeper and is by far the least stable and most bloated version of windows since vista. This is coming from someone who praised windows and has used it since 95. My colleagues and I all had to get SSD's in our laptops due to performance issues with windows 10 when it first released (thanks m$ I guess).

I recommend LTSB if you can get your hands on it and don't care about the feature updates and UWP apps, or linux if you're willing to take the plunge.

To make things worse, Microsoft made sure you can't find Win7 drivers for any new laptop.

Thank you, I'll look into LTSB. How does that trial version work? Can I use that for free?

>Is this some secret conspiracy against me
People are just this stupid and illogical.
They rice win 8/10 into looking like 7 but still deny they want to use 7. Making them acknowledge it's slow unstable shit is even harder.

>the least stable and most bloated version of windows since vista
Vista was nothing like that. The "unstable" meme came from shitty nvidia drivers, and people hated it for general lack of hardware drivers because it had different kernel from XP and manufacturers haven't rewritten all their drivers at the time.
10 is the opposite. It has all the drivers but the OS itself is crap.

stop buying shit laptops

Just install Linux.

LTSB is same slow and buggy shit as any other 10 edition. Been there done that.

What I hate the most about Windows 10 is the goddamn UI. Why the fuck rewrite the past Control panel into whatever it is right now? To make matters worse, the UX is significantly worse, requiring more clicks and more confusing patterns to reach the thing that you need. Ex, I wasted a good 10 minutes just to find the audio control panel to disable a microphone today.

This is literally the end of computing.

I remember thinking to myself 8 years ago: 'Awesome, with all the improvements in technology, we'll never have to deal with slow and shitty computers ever again!'
Boy, how wrong I was....

Year of Linux Desktop soon!

If it happens, it'll just get fucked up the same as all the others because of some rich asshole fucking everything up trying to be a petty dictator.

it's the indexing service bullshit that ruins windows performance - even on revered by Jow Forums Windows 7

the moment you install the OS it will start counting all the trillion little files windows has installed on your hard drive and the ones that you copy or download yourself, it's grinding the input/output hardware to it's limits while looking through every single file like an autistic vampire in chinese restaurant

unless you have a memory of the goldfish disable this ASAP

Attached: 1534530637379.gif (540x540, 577K)

Do you live in Crimea?

>HDDs
>expecting speed
You're a dumb cunt. You're going to live your dumb cunt life, have a bunch of dumb cunt kids, and die a dumb cunt death.

Over the past year I bought 3 laptops from different brands all with 4GB Ram and Quadcore processors, all with Linux and HDDs. All of them weren't in any way useable out of the box, they were so fucking basic I felt this was 1990 again.
I wasted whole days installingb and configuring everything and following all the guides I could find on google and while it did improve a little it was still nowhere near my 5 year old Windows laptop.
So I ought and installed Windows and finally I could use my laptop without going insane, but still, my brain is performing a bit worse than my 5 year old brother.
Still when searching online I read the majority of people praising Linux, so what gives? How can they have such a different experience than me?

TL DR: Every laptop I buy with Linux is incomplete, and that's utter bullshit, yet a lot of people praise it. Is this some secret conspiracy against me? Am I going crazy, or maybe I'm just stupid?

P.S.: Stop censoring yourself, cuck.

1. On 7 it only happens if you install all updates
2. It's not the only thing gimping performance in 8.1/10, there's more to it

I felt this was 1990 again

Clearly you weren't around for 1990, computers were snappy af: youtube.com/watch?v=Ala615y2Y2Y

>HDD
>2018

Attached: 1525294432907.png (572x800, 504K)

Win 7 with hdd is snappier than 10 with ssd user

>hdd
>bloated pre-installed windows copy with gigabytes of shovelware and ten apps running at start-up
What did you expect? my 2011 thinkpad runs just fine

It's not a conspiracy. Windows is just trash and always has been.

>Using less than 8gb of RAM
>Not using an SSD
>Complaining computer is slow

user, you remind me of helping my aunt with her computer.

this is wrong

No you need to get the official iso. Unless you have access to a MSDN account or know a dev who does and is willing to share you'll have to torrent it, it's not available to the general public. M$ wants you on Home or Pro so you can beta test changes for the Ent users.

Make sure the checksum matches and you should be fine, use KMS from my digital life forums to activate it:

Name: en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
Size: 3577901056 bytes (3412 MiB)
SHA256: 3874BC7160ED10F28744DC2B00F9518AF99E706296B969FB7EAF26009E1CAF76

this user isn't really wrong though, it's not great but it is the leanest most stable version of 10.

Thank you!

>Win 10 is complete utter bulls**t, yet a lot of people praise it.
Microsoft pays people to post in forums and review sites praisin their products. They hire "reputation managers", who set up the sorts of war-rooms you see in election campaigns.
They monitor influential sites and post from prepared scripts.
They were very active when Vista looked like tanking. Burson-Marsteller were hired, along with others, to post positive comments about Vista. It continues to this day, from all accounts.