I'm trying to install KDE neon User Edition. I've successfully installed it onto my SSD just now...

I'm trying to install KDE neon User Edition. I've successfully installed it onto my SSD just now, but it doesn't show up in the UEFI boot menu. I can manually add grubx64.efi or shuxw64.efi (or whatever) via the UEFI menu, but no matter which one I choose, it won't show grub on boot.

Any ideas Jow Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20180817_191805.png (405x271, 20K)

Is this bait

dead serious, it won't make a UEFI boot entry

guys pls :(

welcome to the KDE experience, next time get a usable DE/distro

what do you expect your asking Jow Forums for tech support?

Try installing with uefi, if you are dual booting you'll have to read online a bit

Attached: rssv2xeapzyz.jpg (540x766, 35K)

Acer laptop?

No, Dell PC.

Is Manjaro KDE a good alternative?

Just install Debian you fucktard and install KDE. There will be an option to use UEFI boot with it.

Or you could just select legacy boot in the bios you asshat.

Attached: FB_IMG_1533593459301.jpg (552x828, 38K)

no, the only barely usable KDE distro is openSUSE, and even that one sucks. Just go for a better DE user, you'll thank me later.

How so? Can you give me just a few examples of why another DE would be better?

KDE's main problems are it being a RAMhog and by far the most unstable to choose from. It used to have the advantage of being pretty but now we have plenty other pretty DEs around.

If you're absolutely convinced to use KDE then go for openSUSE, it's the least unstable.

Check your UEFI/BIOS and disable Secure Boot, that may be the issue.

>i know what a 12 year old knows about computers
>i'll make fun of a low iq op to make my low iq feel bigger

Give it a go, I used it for a couple of months without any issues before switching to ""pure"" arch. Anybody memeing about KDE being unstable is living in the past.

I've had the same experience with KDE Neon. Never worked on my board. Don't waste your time OP.

lmao I highly doubt this is a KDE issue

What OS did you make the bootable USB on?

>KDE's main problems are it being a RAMhog
Used to be true, these days I think GNOME is the worst. Any other distro should be fine on the RAM department if you have at least a moderate amount.
>by far the most unstable to choose from
This unfortunately is somewhat true, it can be unstable (especially if they go with neon, which is supposed to be bleeding edge KDE)
>go for openSUSE, it's the least unstable.
This is also true. openSUSE Leap is also stable as fuck and if you want rolling release, Tumbleweed is great if you set it up with btrfs snapshots and booting into them. That way if you screw something up (and if you're a beginner and want to tinker around, as you might) it's easy as hell to recover.

>KDE's main problems are it being a RAMhog
lmao

Attached: 11.png (1416x1518, 351K)

The problem could be that you booted the live environment in bios mode, because your boot priority was set to legacy first in your bios.

>look my log of shit is lighter than this log of shit of a different color, I win

Probably the best if you want to use KDE.

KDE is lighter on RAM usage than Gnome thats all its saying

well congratu-fucking-lations, it's still an unusable piece of shit

I use it just fine, though.

your point was just wrong get over with it

are you actually mad? kek, kill yourself.

(you)

Attached: kde.png (481x233, 269K)

look at this mad faggot.
see that pic, I selected it through a working filepicker that allows thumbnails.

Attached: 1448310561545.png (585x400, 284K)

so you're using Windows?

KDE Plasma with Chrome, good thing is that every chromium browser uses the KDE filepicker by default, no patches needed.

Why is system monitor white and terminal black? ori shet

Go to bios and disable safe boot then enable legacy and uefi boot.

Then save and exit
Go to boot menu and see if it appears. If it does go back and choose boot to legacy first or choose the boot order with legacy as primary.

Attached: 37880233.png (1090x943, 1.07M)

pshhht... nothin personnel... tranny

Attached: xfce.png (440x31, 3K)