People with the macbook air what do you think? I am on a fairly tight budget and need a macbook for school...

People with the macbook air what do you think? I am on a fairly tight budget and need a macbook for school. I'm selling some things and am gonna get the 850 dollars apple refurbished macbook air (2017). I know the screen is shit but is anything else you guys have experienced good or bad? Using it for video editing, photo editing, and personally for digital art and music production.

Attached: macbook-air-select-201706.jpg (452x420, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
macofalltrades.com/apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-2-7ghz-core-i5-retina-early-2015-mf839ll-a-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wrong laptop for your use. The tn panel in it is washed out low res and nonaccurate color pos. You should be able to find macbook pro 13" 2014 or 2015 model with that money.

Why do you need a Mac? Is it Mac-only software they are using?

I don't personally own one, but I have a MBP and know plenty of people with a MBA. The video editing might be of some concern because of the thermal setup. It's designed to be as thin and light as possible, and as a light work laptop. Read up on thermals (I'm no expert) as you might find a 2016 MBP would be better suited to that work. Everything else should be fine (but of course, not blazingly fast).

Yes my school prioritizes final cut for the media elective I chose, If I could I get a windows laptop with 10x better specs than the macbook but I need macos. The portability is a very nice thing to have and from the looks of the videos my school puts out it looks like light 1080p editing so it should do the job alright. Final cut is fairly optimized. I will do research on the macbook pro tho cause that would be a lot nicer

I saw one on macofalltrades. It that a trustworthy website? I feel like I trust the official apple refurbished as aposed to something like swappa, macofalltrades, gazelle, etc.

Attached: 1531523943502.jpg (1080x1370, 291K)

The portability of the MBA's is real fuckin nice, especially because of the 1366x768 screen - draws next to no power compared to the MBP's screen (2560x1600 from memory) in the same-ish physical space. If you can deal with slow, and you can deal with the cheap screen (like points out - it's a Facebook tier screen but not for color-accurate work) then go the MBA. My only concern would be the video editing. You could fix both issues by connecting to an external screen, and keeping it plugged in with a fan control app (smcfancontrol) to manually keep the fans spinning high, thus the temps low, and thus the CPU working harder.

seriously just wait for the fall refresh. no point dropping $900 now when that might be just enough to buy the retina macbook air refresh that comes out in fall ($900 after academic discount)

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1525307711441.jpg (989x1005, 172K)

I really want to do this, but the problem is that I need it asap for school. I should have gotten it in the summer but I thought I could borrow the schools.

Is this bait?

Imagine having to go through all that bullshit just to make appleshit usable. TOPKEK

Attached: 1516710413687.jpg (656x611, 52K)

hello, I am from spain, I'm selling a macbook retina 12" for 800 euros, it has 8 gig of ram and a good graphics, I think, screen is more than 1080. I have no idea about mac of if it's a good price. wanna see some pics?

is 900€ too much? I read that it costs around 1200

Attached: 75583051638.jpg (613x476, 38K)

Attached: 1509757889884.png (407x557, 256K)

I'm trying to sell a PC here you fag. fuck off to your incel subreddit or something

can you wait a few weeks? the closer you get it to the release date of the new lineup the better odds you have at exchanging it straight up for one of the new machines. the announcement should be just around the corner and they will likely be released the same week

Quick update, I found this macofalltrades.com/apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-2-7ghz-core-i5-retina-early-2015-mf839ll-a-3/
anyone have experience with macofalltrades

No, its just a really shitty copypasta of issues that are non-existent on newer models or non-issues in the first place.

>it's a mactoddler subhuman thinks he or his fruity toddler toys will ever belong on a technology board

Seething.

Literally buy any other MacBook. Get the minimum spec 13 MBP for the same price as the minimum spec 12 MacBook.

Yeah I think im gonna go with that one of macofalltrades instead. Thanks. But my budget is 800-850 dollars before tax.

>macshit
Found your problem.

Imagine getting mad that people are helping someone in a thread because its against the rules

Not really, all my classes/electives are starting up. With my budget I am not gonna be able to get a new machine.

Imagine being a mactoddler subhuman and thinking you're people.

Attached: 1523422589543.gif (200x150, 261K)

I don't get the price increase. Those MacBooks are nice if all you want is Office, or one browser tab open, etc. I looked into one for work ages ago, but the price increase fucking kills it.

I have no idea whether that's worth the money, but for what you want to do, it's a much better deal than the MBA.

I don't believe that any apple product is worth the money but thanks for the tip.

As some other people said, you could also wait to see if a refresh of the MBA is announced. The point is, whatever you do, don't get a current MBA. Be sure to look into either getting a student discount or buying it tax free from someone like B&H. For what it's worth, though.. at your price range, you're really much better off buying a windows laptop because the specs difference is going to be huge. Are you that against doing a hackintosh if you absolutely need macOS?

I think the regular MacBook is for people who just want a simple netbook, I know some people who are happy with it. I know I paid a premium for my MBP 15, but I personally would get a windows laptop if I had $1300 to spend.

This machine is better for productivity (office) software. For video editing you want a pro. 2015 is the last one worth getting, because the keyboards on the new pros are shit.

>any macshit
>worth getting
lmao
literally worse than acer

Attached: 1526657609485.png (636x727, 137K)

>I think the regular MacBook is for people who just want a simple netbook
Yep it does that well. What did my head in was there being about a 2% price difference between it and a MBP. For work, all I need is a simple netbook, but I wasn't going to drop that much on one if I could get a MBP for work and home use for a fraction more of the total price.

Despite what people are saying in these threads, they are actually fairly well-designed machines with a decent OS. They just happen to have more flaws than a generic business laptop from Dell or Lenovo. Is a Windows laptop likely to do more, for half the price? Yes of course. A few years ago I tried to find find a Windows laptop with EXACTLY the same specs as a MBP: 1440p screen, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, ultrabook body, etc. It was near impossible. Could I find the same with a compromise somewhere for half the price? Yes, easy. But same spec, same build, same everything? MBP was actually competitively priced.

>It was near impossible.
This. It's impossible to find a PC laptop that's as much of a clusterfuck pile of shit as a mac. Not even the plastic junk from walmart will overheat and catch fire like macshit does.