New job

>new job
>high pay but boring af
>after a month, the excitement of high pay goes away
>stuck devoting life to boring job for cash

Is being happy more important than extra money?

Attached: signal-2018-08-16-201550.png (1440x1422, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Not in this world.
Why not do something you like during your free time?

Because 50 hour work weeks mean I get 3.5 hours of "me" time a day, and at the end of the day I'm burnt out from sitting in a cubicle all day.

Don't complain, goy. It's the best for you.

what job?

That's fucking nothing. And 3.5 hours is plenty. Not sure why you only have that much. I hope you're not a long commute cuck, or married. Just take up a quiet hobby, like building gundam models or something. I always enjoyed that. Moved onto electronics recently. Designed and made my own 3d printer

FUCK YOU VERONICA

I see people in my life that accept life as a lazy degenerate with no ambitions and no will to improve their life situation and I ask them why, they tell me they're doing what makes them happy. So when I see someone saying they're doing what makes them happy to me that just means to me they're taking the easy way out.

>hanging out with poor people
Ew

Attached: 2c91f7.jpg (191x187, 10K)

I'm in the same situation, start looking for other jobs.

What do you do?
Can you not shitpost or read at work?
Seems like you at a point like most people where you either starting learning how the world really works or keep going along with the forced collective.
Either way, you should also stat reading about shit from fitness to building stuff or how stuff works

My job is rewarding but I bust my ass and make ok money at best.

You'll never find the apprarance of happiness without financial security.

Oracle DBA @ 180k

I had the same issue. Ended up quitting and taking a risk (joined a startup for low pay and high equity). Definitely recommend desu

>>stuck devoting life to boring job for cash

welcome to being a fucking adult, son.

Time to start a family user.

>Is being happy more important than extra money?
Try not failing at doing things outside your job. That's the point of a high wage.

I'd rather just be the boss and have everyone else working for me.

>Just take up a quiet hobby, like building gundam models or something.

What are you? fucking 12 with autism?

Lying sack of shit.

Would you rather build model planes?

If this is for real then just retire early, nerd.

It's in SF so cost of living and CA income taxes makes that not as amazing as it sounds. It's actually par for this role at a larger org.

plenty of adults enjoy building plastic models, probably more adults than children.

I stopped playing with Legos when I was like 12. That guy is spot on.

>50 hour work weeks
I remember my first part-time job.

For real 50 is the new 35

180k is plenty in California and you would have to be a retard to need to spend 50 hours a week working in a DBA role.

>Not working 32 hours with 3 day weekends

I feel bad for you guys. What a way to live.

Heh, I only work 30 and make 4 times local average salary

Do what gets you money first. When you get your money and have your life secured, do what makes you happy. Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, took on some high income investment, or have some kind of outstanding talent (or very good looks), that's what normal people usually do.

So, to answer your question, yes, happiness is more important, but you have to be careful when searching for happiness by working.

>need to spend 50 hours a week
Need to...? Doesn't sound like you've had a job before.

Attached: 1533265624106.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

Yes. I became an engineer for money . But i hate my job .
Gonna quit , and do some jobs that pay less but are more exciting. I don t give a shit about money anymore, i don t even think about retirement, i could die tomorrow or in 10 days or whatever. Why waste my time?

if you save up maybe $200k and invest smart you won't need to work again

Most of my coworkers work around 40-50 hours a week and I work 35. Nobody cares because I things done faster than everyone else. If you need 50 hours, that's your problem

>we should spend most our life working to exhaustion

is this the American dream I've heard so much about?

Attached: 1519896633519.jpg (225x225, 5K)

It all depends on your manager and company policy. Mine requires us to be there- working fast has no effect.

>Gets nice job
>Complains
Zoomer with easy life detected.

Doesn't mean shit when you live in a Florida swamp Cletus

I don't live in burgerland

Depends on the job. I work for a government contractor. Well. "work" for one. The only thing that moves slower than the government itself are its parasites. I do 2-3 hours of real work a week, bill 40, and work from home 65% of the time. That's the American dream.

Just remember there's people smarter than you working double the hours and reaping the benefits user. Enjoy your peasant life

But if they are happy with what they have, what should they sacrifice it to get what they don't want or need?

>stops playing with legos
>turns out to be a retard
Very good

just watch anime

Attached: 1516070139452.jpg (2270x1600, 478K)

No. But I tell otherwise to liberal shitfucks in startup scene to make their lives miserable. "Follow your dreams man, haha!"

The answer is usually "yes" unless you're giving up enormous amounts of money. If it's the latter, think about it very thoroughly since it depends on your situation. If you could get a job which pays slightly worse but would make you happier, go for it. Working for extra cash but hating your life because of it is an exercise in futility, why do that work if it doesn't end up supporting something which you like?

where I work overtime is handed out like candy and if I want to work 12 hour days or more it's not even a question. shame I don't make nothing but it's good pay either way

w h o l e s o m e

she's a goddess after all

Ideally you get a job that balances pay and happyness, and then you make little joys outside of work like personal projects or gardening.

just put that money in good crypto investments and in 5 years you never have to work again

I make $45k a year, but my job is really engaging and I enjoy what I do. Is it better to trade off fulfillment for money?

>wagecuckin with robots
>lost a set of tool geometries
>vomit
>start crying uncontrollably
I think some cracks are forming boys.
Also in the literal/physical sense the dentist said I'm clenching and cracked two molars and ripped off a cuspid.

Attached: chp.jpg (500x383, 53K)

Money is freedom. Money is time. With freedom and time, you can do whatever fulfills you user. People who don't care about money are the same people wagecucking from cradle to grave without a single dime to show for it.

Attached: 1529416052140.jpg (1400x976, 218K)

It's possible to be happy without money. It's also possible to be miserable *with* money.

is this even a question?

what kind of brainwashed faggots are you

Freedom is freedom. Time is time. Fuck off.

I like to study this shit but probably gonna end up re-enlisting. Money is nice. Free-time is even nicer but having a purpose and feeling like you belong is more important

The entire purpose of having a job in the first place was to afford things and people that make you happy. Stop talking about improvement as if you founded your own corporation.

>I'm bored of earning money people wish they could earn :(
Absolute state of this board

The point of extra money is to bring happiness. You're doing something wrong.

fighting for the oil jew sure is a fulfilling purpose

Yes, it is. Do what makes you happy rather than what makes you money.

If you enjoy what you're doing you will find a way to earn a living from it.

Being married is the ultimate way to fuck up your life and cuck your free time.

> i don t even think about retirement
Set up a 401k

yes, definitely.

> is this the American dream I've heard so much about?
No, that has nothing to do with the American Dream.

J E A L O U S

Money is a deficient external motivator to get shit done. Aka you've most likely not found a job that you're internally motivated by. Read that book on bullshit jobs, also don't kys. Also dream big and a partner or friends help.

You can suffer for some time to grab cash
Then use this money to get freedom and live happy

Find another job unless you want to kys.

> t. McCuck

> The entire purpose of having a job in the first place was to afford things and people that make you happy
No, the point of a job is self-sufficiency.

Attached: image.jpg (679x1000, 388K)

I knew a guy in your position, he was a fucking genius and ended up in a boring job with good cash, quit after a few months to go back to school for a Phd.

don't spend most of your waking life doing boring shit

Surprisingly enough it is

tired from sitting all day

LOL

NEETs should kys themselves

>fucking genius
>goes to school

man i wish i could be americunt and had your "problems" of boring work
All your concerns are that what, your work does not exercise you like they show in fancy comedy shows? is that it? as you said you get paid pretty dollar for your job, you always coud have been stuck in the same or even worse place for lesser pay

The only true death is to never live.

Attached: 1532976020545.jpg (1920x1657, 211K)

>>high pay but boring af
what do you consider high pay?

>gloating about working overtime
why are Americans such bitch boys?

I know lots of older people stuck with their high paying jobs until retirement because it "pays well" and abandoned what they liked for their careers, but every night when they go home the put a .45 in their mouths and think about pulling the trigger. Do what makes you happy, money means nothing if you have 0 ambitions to spend it on.

Nice anecdotal evidence loser.

You're looking for your job to give excitement to your life? Use that high pay money to get it in your free time and stop bitching about being bored you entitled whino. Let me guess, you're in your twenties and this is at most your 2nd job fresh out of school.

wagecuck detected

we just like to work harder than the rest of the world

Could be worse.

>low pay
>literally the same week over and over again
>manual labor, not thought but still shit
>working with women

Every single morning I want to kill myself.

Yes

I think whats worse is being paid crap and having too much free time.
I hate my part-time retail job so much I want to put a cypto virus on their shitty old windows XP pcs like Newman out of Jurassic Park.
>UH UH UUH!.YOU DIDN'T SAY THE MAGIC WORD!

Nedry I mean. Fuck me Im tired.

Then kill yourself incel, no one will miss you.

suggested read:
ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/

can you get a paid leave from a psychiatric diagnostic?

This. If your job pays well, you don't need more than 4 days of work per week.

I used to have a job like that (minus the work from home, which wasn't an option back then). Good times.

You have to compensate on the weekends. Fuck some vip whores , do parachuting, get into boxing or go out hiking. If your rutinary life seems wrong to you, an exciting after hour life must be the right thing to do.
>Inb4 fullfilment
Fuck that shit

Attached: new-bodhidharma-quotes-61-best-i-ll-push-you-quotes-images-on-pinterest.jpg (736x736, 229K)

>working over 40 hours a week in a salaried position
Lol why? I do 10 hour days m-th and then get a 3 day weekend every week. Shit is nice, no overtime ever either