Seriously tech/compsci a meme?

Seriously tech/compsci a meme?

>How this 12 year old Indian kid is an AI expert at IBM ,a TEDx speaker and is paid $25M for his services.
cnbc.com/2018/01/25/how-self-taught-14-year-old-tanmay-bakshi-became-an-ai-expert-for-ibm.html
>GitHub
github.com/tanmayb123
>more news
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=22&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjOmbXCmvXcAhVNLFAKHTzCAPAQFjAVegQIARAB&url=http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-26/meet-the-teen-taking-ibm-and-artificial-intelligence-by-storm/8743880&usg=AOvVaw0yyViMK1dWMXrO3Nwao96a

Attached: ok this is epic.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

USA really have a hard-on for pajeets

>all his commits are README.md updates
its cool his parents are pushing him but clearly being used by IBM execs to push diversity and belittle the average engineer

This makes me feel like shit because I'm learning cs at 29

Look at his github and you'll realize why he's with IBM. The only reason IBM snatched him up is because hes a third worlder and a minority and stole enough code to make it look like he made his own original iPhone app

I'm both happy and envious.
I'm 26 and just starting too. I think kids are dumber with technology these days they don't really care about programming. They don't even know how to use an actual computer, so I might have a chance at this.

>nearly everything is forked
>shit that isn't forked is just copy-paste tutorial code
>100% of IBM commits and pull requests are indentation fixes and readme updates
truly the greatest mind of this millennium and not at all an artificial creation orchestrated by IBM higher-ups to get diversity grants and free publicity in an attempt to not fade into utter obscurity as they try and stay relevant in a quickly evolving market in which they're no longer the leader

18 year-old boomer here.
At 17 I'd learnt Java to a decent level (not a good level, but I knew about object orientation, inheritance, polymorphism, structures like linked lists) and Visual Basic "fluently" (as in I could write anything using the standard library efficiently, e.g. wrote a program to encode stego data into bmp files by writing to bytes directly), I also lurked Jow Forums and bought and librebooted an x200 and installed parabola and wasted a lot of time learning about linux (muh i3 ricing). You're mistaking the humanities students for the people you'll be competing with for a job when it'll be the autists like me and the "code artisans" who already have 50 git projects forked who you'll be competing with.
That being said, there seems to be much more of a divide between tech consumers and people who know how to use it in the younger generations who grew up with
>just werks
technology and mommy's imac.

he has not innovated, he's just a posterboy and saudi money project

>learning a language meme

Yea, 18 sounds right.

???
Pray tell, how do you plan to get a job in tech without knowing a programming language? Assembler and microcode are programming.
If you say sysadmin you deserve the 'career' you have

Considering how bad Watson runs I belive it

lel 18 yo here as well. i started when i was 14. so far i know (to a junior/maybe senior level for some), js, c++, go and python. this shit is so easy. as long as you have no life you can pretty much learn it all at home. just got to put the time in and sort of at least enjoy it a bit.

Not as impressive when you browse his Github...

I wish I could have grown a mustache at 12.

So has this pajeet done anything impressive on the level of terry davis or is it just virtue signalling because the person is non-white?

he has 7 years of experience in his belt before turning 18. How many years of experience did you have before turning 18?

Terry Davis has not done anything impressive. Anyone who went through an undergraduate OS course can do what he does.

Attached: 1415602119658.gif (625x626, 808K)

starting college next week... scared to be in a class full of these ppl who have been coding since 5 FUCK I'LL NEVER MAKE IT ...

When they say they've been coding since 5 it means they've had their hand held while they make useless iphone apps using boilerplate code they don't even understand. I wouldn't worry about it.

You gotta keep the minorities motivated to work hard. You gotta need a new Stakhanov once in a while to maintain moral high and salaries low :^)

Knowing a language is a given. Topical knowledge, either conceptually (solid math theory) or practically (experience using a particular framework or making a product), is way more important. Ideally you want both. Think of it this way, when you go to work in a German science magazine knowing German is essential, but what's important is that you know how to read studies and translate it into something digestible for laypeople.

Don't worry about it, I learned coding year before college and kicked their butts.

>At 17 I'd learnt Java to a decent level (not a good level, but I knew about object orientation, inheritance, polymorphism, structures like linked lists)
Nothing special, you're not a decent level, you just understand OOP basics
>Visual Basic "fluently"
time well wasted on a DOA language nobody uses
> I could write anything using the standard library efficiently, e.g. wrote a program to encode stego data into bmp files by writing to bytes directly
Nothing special or impressive, writing bytes is entry level shit
>I also lurked Jow Forums and bought and librebooted an x200 and installed parabola and wasted a lot of time learning about linux (muh i3 ricing)
So you fell for the meme and followed a bunch of tutorials, aren't you bright
>you'll be competing with for a job when it'll be the autists like me and the "code artisans" who already have 50 git projects forked who you'll be competing with
You're vastly overestimating yourself, right now you're not even close to being competition for anybody with your current skillset.

CIA nigger detected

No wonder IBM is complete shit.

>This makes me feel like shit

That's the idea. When you go negotiate for your first job the employer will pay less because you feel like shit and won'd negotiate.

I got a tech job as server admin/IT support/tard wrangler at a place my uncle works at (it's a cleanup/maintenance company that keeps tards busy)
My job is easy af I only have to repair PC's the tards break or deal with a rampant tard once in a while and idk shit about coding

Feels like a money laundering scheme.

ebic

LOL. Almost as retarded as the pajeeta who only comitted adding consts to internal kernal structures (even though const never really produces any different code). Fucking poo in loos

This sounds about right

he has a nice watch, though

ITT fat ass white trash losers who failed despite their enormous white privileges lol

Attached: american756350.jpg (602x594, 80K)

Iirc anyone can get compute time on IBM watson if you ask them.

>Seriously tech/compsci a meme?
The education system in general is a meme. There's literally no technical knowledge you can gain from an institution that you can't gain from a book.

I'd say schools are better for learning to socialize in a stable environment.

wow this really reflects IBM current status. A shit pile.