Anyone unironically like the notch? I think it's more appealing than a hideous bezel taking up precious phone space

Anyone unironically like the notch? I think it's more appealing than a hideous bezel taking up precious phone space.

Attached: New-Asus-Zenfone-5-Review-in-images-2018-9.jpg (640x427, 36K)

I've had an iphone X and let me be perfectly clear: I literally do not see the notch. my brain filters it out. in fact, i prefer to call it the "horns" of screen instead of a notch of bezel. the screen space that the notch would eat into on a normal phone isn't even used for anything. its just dead space. everything usful in the horns, and i get more total usable screen space for apps

Why aren't there phones for people who don't go on Snapchat and don't need a goddamn garbage selfie camera
You know, so they don't have to waste space on a useless front camera

Its probably not economical to even try. Mass market products need to sell a lot.

Here's my "notch"

Attached: Edgy.jpg (1600x1200, 350K)

You let them win.

Notch is okay but rounded screen corners aren't.

People always say that and I know it's a valid argument, but given the dozens of chink brands of phones we have nowadays, can't just ONE of them make ONE phone with no front face camera? I'm sure there's a small market for it

Yes.
I do not like the curved corners though, yes it allows for more screen to body ratio, but it cuts the corners off anything you are watching and that's fucking stupid considering it's a $1k device.

Rounded edges are more ergonomic for holding and also more resistant to impact damage.

The screen in return needs to be rounded to reduce any bezel otherwise fitting a square into a rounded square will result in a gap.

Function > Form
Stop being a normie faggot.

Even if you don't use social media, a front camera can be really useful. Video calls and a quick access mirror.

I only like notches if there's no chin. If a company can pull that off, it looks great. But a chin totally defeats the purpose of a notch and then it just becomes ugly.
Also, I recently learned that yes, it is possible to do the notch wrong. e.g. Pixel.

I'll let you know when I get my Pixel 3 XL

Attached: muhnips.png (354x528, 205K)

I think it's weird that Samsung guys tend to bash other phones for having notches because the notches disrupt video viewing in landscape mode, but they always fail to consider the fact that you can sort of "turn off" the notch by just zooming out of the video and dealing with faux-bezels in the screen; whereas the Galaxy S and Note devices have edges that create distortion on the top and bottom of the video that you literally can't do anything about.
Yet no one cares about that.

Am I late for the mental illness thread?

Because more people would realize they don't need snapchat and facebook and instagram etc and the entire tech bubble would pop prematurely

Because you're a fucking nobody and you do not matter. You want a 'smart'phone with none of the actual features that normal people like, such as video calling their friends and family. What makes you think a loser autist like you even deserves to try asking for anything?

>axe the camera which 99.8% of people are in favor for in exchange for 150 pixels

You can't even be a dumb autist properly.

>t. I only like limitations on phones as long as the phones don't have an Apple logo anywhere

The vast majority of people do, the only reason you think otherwise is because Luddites are incredibly vocal. Literally the only reason to be against it is if you have 80 apps jizzing notifications everywhere and don't like having the status bar be smaller.

The pixel is fine because it has a front facing speaker in the bottom.

I think it's ugly as hell desu. They should just remove the front camera and try to make the top bezel as small as possible.

It's not only about the camera, there are sensors and shit too.

Then how would the chinks spy on you?

The curved screen meme is a millions times worse than the notch.

I'm pretty neutral on notches, I don't see why people make such a big deal over them. As long as I can still watch content in the correct aspect ratio what's the problem? Fewer visible notifications? Do people really care about that?