Archlinux users just got BTFO

archlinux users just got BTFO

Attached: mpv-shot0005.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RZf2dik9DlM?t=8m40s
youtu.be/RZf2dik9DlM?t=12m26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah don't give any context or anything

youtu.be/RZf2dik9DlM?t=8m40s

>4th time this topic has been posted
C'mon user, keep up

> Missing the point

Attached: 1530224680678.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

>because people are proud of installing Arch Loonix, Gahnoo/Loonix has been held back from their sheer amount of "toxicity"
Installing Arch is a secret club made difficult from the skillset required to install it, you have to read a manual and enter in commands, with some logical thinking. I will be proud of it all I want.

Attached: secretclub.png (646x355, 42K)

agree it’s a problem. The “RTFM” mentality is outdated and isn’t helping GNU/Linux’s marketshare. However, I do have a problem with people dumbing down the system itself. Such developments compromise the OS, both in terms of feature removal, and in terms of possibly sneaking in Normie-friendly botnet integrations (can’t wait till Gnome tells you to “sign in with Facebook!”)

In short, the OS shouldn’t be friendlier. The community should be.

but to jump through all the hoops he's talking about you're going to have to rtfm

He sure did. He is a cool guy and doesn't afraid anything.

I just want to hug drunk Krista.

Who is Krista and should I hug him too? uwu

>toxic
WTF is this, tumblr?

>Some clueless retard baws about Arch Linux
>Nyuh I'm too stupid to install it it's toxic
What a fucking loser. There's literally a guide to install Arch Linux. No one is gatekeeping shit.

3/10

>logical thinking
About as much logic as reading a recipe for baking cookies.

Enjoy wasting time tinkering with archaic garbage instead of being productive. Does Youtube send you a check when you install a new distro?

Unsubscribed to that shitty channel

ITT truth hurts

This is why I hate, HATE, like reaaaallly fucking HATE the gaming community. They want everything to be as normie as possible, as dumbed down as imaginable, and as simple as fuck so they can fit in with crowds that don't even need them. Linux was a paradise for servers, system-admins, programmers, and people that love control over their system. And instead of noting that Arch, Gentoo, and other niche systems that teaches you more about linux and how the software installation process works; they relate them to "angry teens that are emos with tons of angst". They just can't of realize why these communities exist.

On top of that we have valve, working on a fork of wine, that will bring more gaymers to linux. Intead of just letting them understand the purposes of it. All this will do is lead to more companies normallizng these linux utilities, making it essentially go down the same path as windows (which is now a major contributer to the linux foundation). What we are expieriencing is assimilation, thanks to ubuntu, microshit, and valve. These people need to just let gamers use windows, its not "hard to use" and it already has 9000+ drivers for graphic cards and support for a large range of their gaming devices. When companies invest their time and effort into things, they expect money in return; and there is nothing wrong with that, but linux isn't supposed to be about that side of software. If you have money to spend on games, graphic cards and other gay shit like colorful spinning fans, you can buy your Operating System that is preconfigured for gaming. Fuck that fat fuck.

/teenage angst.

I never understood why there are these cucks that have such a hard on for gaming on Linux. It is proprietary software so it is obviously not because of some libre software autism. When a game is runnng in fullscreen you totally forget the OS. Windows has the best performance for games and the widest selection of games.

Girl with teeth I could land a plane on but she is nice. She is beautiful and seems to be a good person.

>I never understood why there are these cucks that have such a hard on for gaming on Linux

Because it means we don't have to load Microsoft's shitty OS just to play a certain game.

quick rundown pls

Installing Arch is easy and pain free.
Try telling debian's installer to not put grub's mbr on the usb drive you're installing from.

>the butthurt is strong in this one

You realize that Microsoft allocates the resources for those drivers? Direct X for example, makes it easier for most big devs to not have to spend more time and money for their graphics engines, otherwise you'd be paying a lot more for that labor. Shit on them all you like, they provide a service for your hobby, and you should learn to appricate that, or accept that you can't run propiertary games on linux. You're apart of the problem. That OS may be shit, but so are games. Its like they deserve to be together.

>Windows has the best performance for games
that's questionable - you can go on youtube and see videos of ubuntu having more fps than windows and that was pre vulkan iirc

>or accept that you can't run propiertary games on linux.
but you can, nigger

in fact linux can run more games than windows

It asks where you want to install GRUB onto, are you retarded enough to not read and just tap enter on every fucking prompt? Throws me back to about 15 people per day telling me why isn't sudo working when the installer literally says leave the field empty to enable sudo. (You)r problem for having a 10ms attention span.
>That OS may be shit, but so are games. Its like they deserve to be together
Good games are cross-platform.

You have to pirate most of them, as the video says. Pirating is for niggers. You don't even pay to use something someone else worked for. Fucking die.

Yea, so instead of do with what the fat fuck in the video is promoting, simply play the games that run.

>It asks where you want to install GRUB onto
>>install to /dev/sdusb
>>kys
wow such choice much options how will i ever recover

>You have to pirate most of them
what? why??

arch is for manchild
and install windows

wtf i hate wendell nao

Did you watch the video? Thats most AAA games.

who else streaming with m p v to not give him a view :^)

Do people really use Linux?

outside of Jow Forums funposting i've never seen anyone congratulating themselves for installing arch or anything, maybe manjaro but that's not arch so

What I dont understand is, what's the problem with that?
I use openBSD
I wouldn't use Linux because I think it's unsafe
Under no reasoning would I think that my specific problem isn't absolutely subjective and go whine on Linus' mailing list or whatever to fix it
Just use what you prefer best, Jesus, no need to throw a hissy fit about it

>Did you watch the video?
no but i just clicked that 8min link and wendel gave me pure cringe cancer :( don't like him now

>neckbeard cries about not being able to install arch
is this real life?

reminder

Attached: Ubuntu vs Arch.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

Why would I care what this fat Yankee thinks? He doesn't know shit and he has an annoying voice.

Installed Debian on countless machines, don't know how the fuck that happens.

Attached: 376605homer.jpg (660x330, 24K)

As a distro he actually likes Arch.
He just hates the community.

it was on an hp nc8000
it was reproducable every time iirc
>yea i rly wanted to give debian a try
oh and i think it happened only if i didn't select additional pkg groups/DEs, i just wanted a tty

>video/gpu accel is atrociosly bad on ubuntu/debian
here's a reminder

i can't make out what he's saying after 11:00
?

so is he talking about the forum?
did he get got btfo'd?

Attached: arch apu.png (1349x695, 13K)

indeed, not even linus can install debian

youtu.be/RZf2dik9DlM?t=12m26s
12m26s

>see you in the comments
ok im pretty sure that's just trolling

The community is better than the OS itself. The retarded faggot in the OP just doesn't know shit.

Attached: 1521103288617.gif (500x517, 767K)

>Installing Arch is a secret club
>difficult

>Installing Arch is [...] difficult [...] I will be proud of it all I want.
Oh user, tell us about your amazing job at Macy's next.

>arch is hard to install

Are you kidding me? I switched to Arch Linux because of the community. After a while of using Ubuntu, I noticed that most of the useful answers were coming from the Arch community. Sure, people want you to RTFM, but that's because Arch tends to go for the "teach a man to fish" approach instead of just giving you the fish.

Is Arch hard to install? Sure, but there are clear instructions on the wiki. Installing Arch is an educational experience. If you don't care about the educational aspect, then just use Antergos. It's much easier to install than most other distros.

Attached: fuck_off_jesus.jpg (500x375, 40K)

absolute fucking state of linux

fucking state of OSes in general, too

So we don't need Win10 as one user said, and because the base platform is still open.

I mean, I can make my own shitty distro, slap in Glibc, Linux, and some other crap like X11, and I can run almost the same library as someone on a professional OS like Ubuntu. Look at Solus and Arch.

how many levels of irony are you on right now my dude

>People who install Arch like to be gatekeepers of knowledge
The fuck is this dude smoking? The Arch wiki is hands down one of the best resources for linux Archfag or not.

No, you just have to have proprietary malware like Steam running and support DRM by using it.

It's funny, I always see people complaining about elitism but I hardly actually see the elitism. Your position is actually unique. Unfortunately your voice is gonna be drowned out in favor of blind agreeableness

Arch isn't hard to install and Antergos won't install since the installer is always broken

there's nothing wrong with arch

t. mint user

1. There's nothing wrong with me

Attached: L1News_20170404_International_Dracula_Pyramid_Scheme_Conspiracy.webm (278x354, 2.83M)

>abloobloobloo they told me to read the manual
that's a plus to me.

You can tell by the way it is

He's just mad for not getting witcher 3.

>unironically using "toxic"
>overshit

Attached: 1498941374088.jpg (600x548, 29K)

This is exactly his point. "Just look it up yourself on the wiki" when most people have no idea where to start.

>those folks [people who brag about installing Arch] are the reason we don't have a Witch 3 port to Linux

What the fuck? What does people bragging about installing Arch have to do with a developer deciding to make a Linux port of their game?

His line of thought is even more retarded and hilarious if you take into acount that the most popular distro is ubuntu and its derivatives.

They are angry because they hate our freedom.
They really want Linux to be macOS 2.0.

>Google.com
> Linux how to

Gee, that was hard.

*snap*

Why is this always the American idea of looking "professional"? He looks like his mother dressed him up for church.

>Jow Forums has turned on its once-beloved Wendell

Attached: ralphie.webm (868x720, 699K)

I've never liked fat yankees.

Honestly though I don't mind proprietary software or DRM, so long as it's not invasive to the point where piracy > buying it.

Windows is just a heaping pile of absolute fucking garbage. It takes literally half an hour to boot and get into a game on windows for me.

Linux? No more than 30 seconds.

The difference is fucking staggering.

He's not wrong.
That the autistic gatekeeper takes knowledgeable-ness as an excuse for driving people away from "their sekrit club" is just sad; Unix was never a sekrit club.
Compare this to the professional high-fliers in the software industry, who know that being knowledgeable will naturally give you more customers, not less.
There's not all that much wrong with encouraging people to learn; however it can be rude an unusual in the hands of an autist as well.
Gatekeeping is pointless anyway because popularity comes in time.
t. Arch user. I like Arch because it's fresh. OpenSUSE tumbleweed probably would give me the same experience without half the pain.

Why do you think anyone cares how popular their OS is?

Why would anyone complain about arch Linux for not being simple distro?
What about Ubuntu? Mint? Solus? Any other dumbed down distro?
It's like complaining that your embedded Windows version don't have capabilities of desktop OS.

I looked at couple videos of this channel, it seemd OK, but if this is what he's complaining about, he's a fucking moron not worth any attention.

>Google.com
Fuck off

>toxic
Unsubbed.

sóylent is american "food" and sold only there

>muh uropeeeeaaah socializaam

why does he look so sad

> Linux was a paradise for servers, system-admins, programmers, and people that love control over their system.
senpai it was never paradise, it has always been the lesser evil.
Ever had to trace mysterious segfaults related to LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or gone through the joy of cross-compiling? What about having to write (copy-paste) an init script when something is not in the package manager. Admittedly these are problems with the GNU toolkit and Linux is completely not at fault, but it's part of the ecosystem.
>If you have money to spend on games, graphic cards and other gay shit like colorful spinning fans, you can buy your Operating System that is preconfigured for gaming. Fuck that fat fuck.
This dumb mentality is why developers end up tired of Linux and end up in OSX. Because they can just install the OS, Xcode and Homebrew and get work done.

If I were a fat neckbeard with mental issues, I'd be sad too.

actually this, I installed arch on a day but debian took me more time, the fact that you have to relaunch the slow as fuck installer because grub didn't got installed right is a pain in the ass. Even though I mark efi as bootable or even go as far as using the terminal to get grub working

>where to start
installation???

based

because software ports retard, also if devs of proprietary software come to linux they may step into freeing their source

There's nothing wrong with arch. If you're such a lazy brainlet that you can't solve simple issues that the community intentionally put on the wiki for brainlets to be able to fix their shit, you should just go back to Windows where everything is spoonfed to you. I'm fine if you can't figure out some obscure error that doesn't happen everyday but for fucks sake if you can't even install the OS without being a total brainlet you shouldn't use it. Linux is and should be a brainlet filter instead of being a normalfag-frendly accepting OS. We should raise them to our level, instead of stooping down to theirs.

>if devs of proprietary software come to linux they may step into freeing their source
It depends entierly on the developer, but I don't think anyone would ever do such thing.

I agree but GPU drivers and desktop/graphics standards and functionality are really a welcome recent improvement. I prefer to do any programming, even graphics programming, on Lelux.

Attached: 1514905408110.png (1019x746, 1.03M)