When will the usb-c meme fad will end? im still waiting for micro usb flagship phones

When will the usb-c meme fad will end? im still waiting for micro usb flagship phones

Attached: cq5dam.web.1000.1000.jpg (1000x1000, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2017/03/02/nintendo-switch-usb-c-macbook-pro/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The ride never ends.

> chink cable say: device can handle 30v @ 2A
> uhh what a smell, don't breathe it.

They won't and probs will continue Into thunderbolt

micro-usb is really really fucking trash when it comes to breaking, like the worst out of all connections except usb b

Lel usb c is god tier

The ride will never end

This. USB C >>>>> micro USB. Never broke a Type C yet . Would be like braking a male barrel connector.

This.

What are you talking about? Type-C is far better than micro-usb.

It's better, so it won't end.

If we're lucky most newly manufactured devices will have migrated in the next 3-4 years and we can drop micro-b.

USB C is unstandardized trash. Thunderbolt 3, chink chargers that don’t follow the protocol, cables that don’t charge properly, cables that are 2.0, power hungry devices that need special adapter despite the same cable confusing boomers, adapters etc. Everyone was fine with type A and micro, and HDMI.

I genuenely hope usb type C will replace all USB ports including the fullsize

What's wrong with USB-C?

Don't buy unlicensed trash. Problem solved.

>let's have this new standard, it's going to be faster!
Cool
>let's have this new connector which you can plug in either way and is smaller
Well it will take some time to be adapted, but cool.
>let's make cables smart!
What?

USB-C is great. What's your problem?
I don't like Apple fiy.

>Don't buy unlicensed trash
even licensed trash isn't consistent, retard
There are official phone cables out there that are restricted to USB 2.0 and 5V2A

I really hope USB-C ends up being an standard in a future.

So they conform to the standard, just not the part of the standard you paid for. Bet you whine that your Ford Fiesta doesn't accelerate like a Lamborghini. Know what you are buying and which part of the standard it conforms to. Stop trying to get steak for the price of a hotdog.

Can I run my clothes dryer off of a dozen usb c connections?

USB-C is fucking great.

>one port
>audio
>video
>data
>charging
>one port

It's fucking great, what is there not to like, except the proprietary/monopolistic part?

Why are you retards arguing against a cable, that's objectively superior, all for the sake of being contrarian? Like do you not have a better means of getting attention?

The obvious problem is that USB-C is a physical standard. It does not place any restrictions on what is sent over the cables. This leads to all sorts of madness where one USB-C cable is incompatible with another, or that you get decreased functionality when using one cable over the other.

that every device implements a different random 50% of that

This.

>that every device implements a different random 50% of that
Indeed, even my 1200 USD laptop or 2k USD Mobile Studio Pro doesn't integrate video on their USB-C port, and no way of knowing it it did before testing, no data whatsoever on official publications.

But it's going to standardize, I'm not worried.

>30v when usb is only 5v
>V = I/R
>30v@2A means only 0.3A@5V

I think that it was John Siracusa on the latest release of the Accidental Tech Podcast that the USB Consortium must be pure evil. First, they come out with a cable that is externally symmetrical and internally asymmetrical. Now they come out with a cable that is internally symmetrical but caring completely different protocols.

*carrying

>USB is only 5V
>what is USB-C PD

>NOOOO WHY IS TECHNOLOGY PROGRESSING?!?!

based retard

When they invent USB-D

So?
Just RTFM to know what it can and can't do.

I had 2 usb C phones so far.
The cables that came with them are by far the best quality cables i ever used. Exceptonal durability.

Only heard of problems coming from chink shit.
Its far better than micro. One of the problems of micro is that most cheap shit didnt allow data transfer, just charge.

>will replace all USB ports including the fullsize
I highly doubt it as USB A still has an advantage in terms of physical size, your logtiech wireless mouse dongles and compact flash drives can be made to not stick out half a mile in a type A port as you can integrate some of the electronics into the plug itself.

The world just needs a recessed USB-C standard for dongles:
Make all the wireless dongles flush with the case.
Make USB-A and 3.5mm dongles look like normal ports.

see

The Centronics cult is reawakening. Pray the SECAM demons stay asleep.

Attached: 1943701.jpg (500x290, 27K)

USB C's a clusterfuck
macrumors.com/2017/03/02/nintendo-switch-usb-c-macbook-pro/
>plug your handheld into your laptop to charge
>it charges the fucking laptop instead

>There are official phone cables out there that are restricted to USB 2.0 and 5V2A
Maybe because the phone you got it with was USB 2.0 only?

fuck you SECAM was better

Never, kill yourself

Micro USB was, is, and always will be shit.

>even other hardware instantly recognizes Apple devices as weak-ass pansy shits and tries to charge them

Attached: 1488410674839.jpg (512x270, 46K)

If I understand correctly, whichever device has the lowest battery gets charged.
Which actually makes perfect sense.

The only 3 good flagships remaining are Galaxy S5/S5+, Galaxy Note 4 and LG G5. Anything else is a waste of money.

Doesn't look like C to me So as usual Apple shit is to blame

Attached: 1455761304132.jpg (750x1218, 168K)

is about a Switch and a MacBook, the photo you're talking about is an iPad and a Surface.

>latest MacBook pro is a bitch machine even compared to a switch
why am I not surprised?

eh, thats actually perfectly neat

>one instance involving usb-c
>one instance involving whatever usb
>both instances involving iShit

rly makes u thonk

Attached: 1515906978095.png (2842x1570, 2.93M)

The tablet one's just shit functioning as intended. The iPad's USB port is a slave port and it's connected to the master USB A port. On the other hand if I plug a handheld into a laptop, I'm going to expect the laptop to charge the handheld.

>I'm going to expect the laptop to charge the handheld

That happens unless your laptop is a little bitch facebook machine

Attached: 20170802_03.jpg (717x1024, 186K)

This is an 18+ website

I know, that's why I'm so surprised that there are this many Apple shills here.

You should try not being retarded

All Apple ports are slave ports now.
That's the point.

>pointing out a flaw
>shilling
no

well at least you understand that Apple's products are flawed. not many would acknowledge that.

The only flaw here is Apple garbage

Would you 12 year olds go back to /b/ or /v/? There's no need to shit on Apple just because they were mentioned, and there's certainly no need to be repetitive. We get it, Apple sucks. Now let's get back to discussing why USB C is shit. I'm sure there are plenty of more suitable threads to shit on your least favourite tech company.

for as long as I've been using USB c, I haven't had those types of problems so I can't speak to them. they may be happening but not to me and fuck, it sucks if it does happen to you, I can't really imagine an instance where I'd be charging my switch on a MacBook though.

Check USB-C PD

>I can't really imagine an instance where I'd be charging my switch on a MacBook though.
Me either, but the point is that this is a pretty dumb issue that wouldn't have happened with any other standard

>Now let's get back to discussing why USB C is shit

It's not. Apple is shit.

Attached: 1484348543896.jpg (595x442, 20K)

Ah theyre awakening

I don't get why you expect a macbook charging port to act as a discharge port as well. It's a laptop, not a power bank. and it's an apple device, as well. What did you really expect.

>thunderbolt
I don't think this means what you think it does user

>I don't get why you expect a macbook charging port to act as a discharge port as well.
It's a USB host port. I expect it to charge my portable devices like any other USB port would.

wtf does usb-c have to do with liking apple?

Not him but people often use their laptop to charge their phone when it's plugged in.
I used to carry a bunch of very short USB cables just for that. - until I gave them all away to colleagues and my last one broke.

When the laptop isn't plugged in you probably expect the same behavior.

Plus it is convenient if your laptop can act as a power bank and why not?

>Hated the idea of USB C being another USB format incompatible with all my devices
>Got a laptop and phone from work that supports USB C
>Started liking it
>See this
My enjoyment was short lived.

Attached: USB-3.1-Type-C-9.jpg (1366x768, 212K)

>tfw still using SECAM

I hate usb type C the port wears out way too fucking fast, I have to put a weigh on the cable to keep it in my phone when charging, the slightest movement and it pops out and goes across the room.

I wonder if longer cables with lower speeds and/or lower power are at least allowed.