Cases

Why don't we see more cases like this on the market?

Attached: FT02S-W-Inside.jpg (560x560, 101K)

there's plenty like that, open your eyes

Name 3.

>spoonfeeding

INSTALL....

GAAANNNOOOO

Attached: 1506960648777.png (477x480, 423K)

The way I see it; case's like this, not pretending this is the only one of it's type, are a rarity and i have no clue why.

It's patented, you damn mouthbreeders

why not make it so that the case looks just as fine if the motherboard sticks in the front or in the upper side of the case or in the backside?

so you can turn it in any way you want because the case design looks identical in all directions

then you screw in the supporting mechanism of the case in 3 different freely chooseable positions depending on if you want the motherboard to be put in up, back or frontwards position

Attached: makeitso.jpg (267x189, 7K)

Yeah, I thought so.

>patented
>a direction
u wot m8 and or the state of the american patent office
no but seriously every other case these days has a mostly solid front panel and or no 5.25" bays, why not just include little rubber feet so it can sit "face" first/down thus producing that sweet chimney effect the raven 02 did

i have the forturessu 5 it is p good just came here to say this

BUT...

Attached: pOWER-HACKINTOSH.jpg (1000x667, 233K)

would you buy another case?

RV01, FT02, RV02, RV03, FT05, RV05, TJ11...all happen to be made by the same company though.

HDD cages? in to the trash it goes.

Prepare your anus for the Cooler Master SL600M

Attached: iu[1].jpg (2016x1512, 1.29M)

this is optimal case lay out stock and even 3rd party GPU coolers are shit we should put a CPU cooler on every gpu. and have 6x 2.5inch hot swap bays in 5inch dvd bays so we can use 2tb HDD like usb sticks.

with a setup like this you can have cooling as good as watercooling that makes less noise and 40tb of storage and all in a classic designed case from the late 90/2000s. cases in the 2010s are retarded.

Attached: 3cpuHSF.png (498x425, 20K)

This sort of layout it what my dreams are made of.

I like this more.. but no second gpu

Attached: W-Inside.jpg (1097x844, 92K)

I wanted something like this but I ended up settling for the HAF XB whatever, the one that lays the motherboard flat.

Superfluous LEDs should be illegal
Also case windows

that requires a custom non conventional case thou mine can fit in a standard case but my drawing is shit and doesn't include PSU going to do it in this the hdd n floppy drive bays can be removed with thumb screws its a lianli PC7 a 100% aluminum atx case from 2001.

lianli PC-7 2001 before they got shit.

Attached: pic_disp.jpg (640x480, 54K)

ill prob finish making it in a years time. just waiting for second hand gpu prices to drop so I can buy what I want. not sure what CPU cooler to use prob some thing massive for GPU2 I think ill use a hyper 212 and for GPU1 ill need some thing abit shorter than a 212 but not by alot. not sure what one to use for that a cooler that's like 3cm shorter than a 212.

I'd like a compromise between the two designs
space for one high powered GPU and one low powered gpu/other pcie device
two pcie risers/extenders and an interfacing plate that connects the "top" side of the gpu to the case securely letting the massive NH-D15 type cooler be mounted vertically
keep the hot swap 3.5"/2.5" bays
PSU and space for a single slot gpu beneath them
have the entire left panel be a steel grate with a dust filter the size you'd expect to find in window-wall A/C units

Yeah, all from Silverstone and even they stopped making them. All the new models are "regular" and FT02 is too small already.

>Could be done with SL600M?

Nice looking case, good luck

Ya know, fuck power supplies

I'd like something like Pircel.
No need for HDD bays as I have a NAS,

Attached: case.png (2122x1383, 63K)

This more i think about it, the more sense making my own case becomes... wtf am i relying on these companie to make it for me.

Air cooling is disgusting looking, inferior at cooling and overall much more cumbersome to work with, why do people still use it? It's like $50 to $80 for a great AIO water cpu cooler

What do you do when your AOI stops working? Take it apart and fix it?.... i doubt it... into the garbage it goes.

That's stupid. It sucks dust.

only think holding me back is a guy saying a dp-vga adaptor has less than 10ms of lag and some other retard on youtube that used a DVI-DtoVga converter on his 980ti instead of a DVI-Itovga adaptor (that doesn't convent and is native signel and now makes me think 980ti has 50ms of vga lag.

once I answer thous questions ill get started.

because you can get a 50-80$ air cooler than gets the same temperatures and takes up less space. AIO only makes sense if you cant fit a fullsized CPU cooler in which you clearly can..

also unsure if I should get 2x980ti 6g or 2xTitan XM 12g. rig is to use VGA 0ms output as long as possible..

AIO take up more space than aircoolers for the same cooling but they let you be creative with where that space is "used up" that's the only reason you should use one putting one in micro-atx even looks stupid its for mini-itx non cube cases or super thin atx cases only.

Here's an updated version.

Attached: case_up.png (4834x4001, 357K)

Small fix, I think PSU was blowing backwards.

Attached: case_upd.png (4834x3955, 357K)

I was thinking that more importantly, if your reservoir has a leak anywhere it's below the psu instead of above it, leaking onto it. best part of this design is that most of the liquid cooling fittings are below the powered components.

just get this instead your design is better if you want to OC cpu but there wont be a reason to for next decade. just get a non K series intel.

Attached: Ghost S1.jpg (1080x1080, 219K)

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

this is optimal.

only reason to get a CPU with fullsize heatsync is if you play WoW or some obscure CPU heavy game.. if you just playing normal mainstream games building a dumbass console computer like the Ghost S1 is optimal. is there any way to build a signle GPU computer smaller than this?

Attached: Ghost S1 111.jpg (960x960, 64K)

Interesting.
I don't want to OC anything, I just REALLY hate the GPU noise under load. That's why I wanted to water cool it.

Isn't your case a bit tightly packed => components heating each other?
>if your reservoir has a leak anywhere it's below the psu instead of above it,
Does that happen often?

Holy shit that was my first case ever.
I modded in a second exhaust fan with a dremel.

I still have the mobo tray and use it as an open air bench to test mobos i get off ebay.

because we need silent case instead

The market doesn't want that anymore. Hasn't for years. The market is either kids with no money/3rd world wanting very cheap cases or reddit cases with giant glass doors.

>things I dont like should be illegal

>what is fractal

>custom non conventional case
Building a case is trivial.

>because we need silent case instead
FT02 is extremely silent.
It even has sound dampening foam on both doors.

Why aren't there more Cubical Cases that you can stack and that offer vertical and horizontal airflow configuration? I only know of a single one that isn't considered "enthusiast" grade and thus has a markup of 2000%.

>mATX
I'm not sure I'll be able to use it with threadrypper.
Good care if I ever have money to make a machine for dad, though.

its not my case its called the Ghost S1 it was a kickstarter. i do assume it runs warm but with that many fans it might be ok. like as long as it doesn't thermal throttle in the average video game who cares?

some thing that small you could easily tuck away in another room and run a cable under your door if you don't like noise ive found that's the best answer with noise and gaming building a big computer or going passive to make it quite will disappoint you you end up with like such a lowpowered pc its pointless or only 50% less volume that's not good enough.

i drilled a hole in my wall and run my pc in other room and then i got annoyed at noise my lamp lit 2007Dell 24inch LCDs made. its a hard battle to win.

my brother brought it in 2001 it came with no window but he brought the window panel as a 80$ extra or some thing. he has moved on with his life and is now sucsessful and programs nvidia and radion drivers for Linux while making 6figures … i still at home with parents and using it now and planning on making it quite the PC 3aluminium CPU coolers in it with tastefull fans could make it look really cool imo against the silver aluminum of the case.

Attached: 11-112-024-26.jpg (640x480, 17K)

I still have it. Picrelated. I love it. I don't think that I will get the different case in future.

Attached: FT02R-3-4-4[1].jpg (600x571, 188K)

i think it might be expensive because it was a kickstarter but some chick will copy it and release a 50$ version of it soon enough. i think it might actually be smaller than a external enclosure for a GPU for a laptop.

>Yeah, all from Silverstone and even they stopped making them.
yeah I wonder why they stop making it. That setup is a god-tier. What happened?

pretty sure all the memes of watercooling leaking are just poor fags theorycrafting. i had some super cheap watercooling setup from thermeltake in the mid 2000s i think it cost like 70$ or some thing totally crazy cheap it was super poor but had a cpu block tubes a little resevwar a pump and a simple small radiator. i literally kicked the computer super hard while raiding molten core in 2006 and my mum told me to get off and eat tea. i think the waterblock fell off and every thing in case moved around. no water leaked but i fucked my computer up seriously. and that was like literally the most budget setup possible with worst connections etc idont think it even had clamps and just pressure fitting the tubes over sockets.

Cheap chink shit.

> zip ties on psu

Where do I buy this ?

I really want this but it's not available in my country, (not USA) and all the new versions sucks and is objectively worse compared to the early models

Maybe ebay? or ask someone to be a middleman -- He will buy the case and send it to you. Of course, it will not be cheap. :S

are they actually that strong? jobs in the keynote says they made out of what bulletproof vests are made out of.. but I assume its just polycarbonate or some thing?

>not using pic related
How does it feel being a cuck?

Attached: chieftec bravo.jpg (430x553, 38K)

Does it fit an EATX motherboard?