Email Providers

So with the recent shananigans involving apple, google and Facebook harvesting our information and selling it to the highest bidder, I’m trying to get as far away from those shit shows as possible.
What’s the best email providers out there focusing on privacy and anonymity?
I had a few people recommend me ProtonMail, but I thought I’d come to Jow Forums and check with you faggot nerds.

Attached: 58415D61-23CF-4453-ADB9-0B0400750843.jpg (318x159, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

melani.admin.ch/melani/en/home.html
checktool.ch
wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/9289
criptext.com/
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
vpnscam.com/heres-why-you-cant-trust-nordvpn-and-protonvpn-protonmail/
nocamels.com/2018/02/cellebrite-hack-phone-tablet/
posteo.de/en/
twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/1030101118595026944
twitter.com/AnonBabble

your own mail server, literally anything else is a botnet

Right, is that what most people do around here?

I have a couple of protonmail burners. It seems like a pretty nice provider, only the fact it gets ddosed every now and again prevents me from making it my main.

Oh shit, how long does it usually go down for?

I'm using Fastmail for a couple reasons:
- can use lots of domain (unlike protonmail)
- uses dkim (which I miss on mailbox.org, which was my preferred pick)
- great interface (unlike runbox)
- not in a third world shithole (unlike yandex and zoho, who happen to be fantastic in services by the way)

Things I miss:
- labels
- lower price

Thanks

i'm using protonmail since 2016 as my main and never experienced downtimes.

Protonmail is pretty nice, they keep censorship at a minimum and there is literally no privacy issue.

It's the one I use for sensitive use.

Oh nice, do you use the app on your phone or stick purely to the desktop ui? Can the anonymity be compromised by using mobile app at all?

What do you mean by censorship? They can censor private emails?

>Oh nice, do you use the app on your phone or stick purely to the desktop ui?
Not him but I use both.

>Can the anonymity be compromised by using mobile app at all?
If you unlock everything yes, but you can put a pin on the app itself with a timeout.

this. got protonmail plus and the vpn in a bundle and never looked back.

>What do you mean by censorship? They can censor private emails?
No, but a (real) far right group used a protonmail for their group, and the address was put on stickers they put on street poles.
To which Protonmail said on Twitter that "inciting violence is illegal in Switzerland, so they can ban the account if it's used like this".

Just use cock.li my friend.

Attached: VC.jpg (507x507, 66K)

>having a cock.li address on your resume.

I pay 6 euros a month for ProtonMail. I think they offer a great service.

Thanks lads

That might look a little suss

Go on a diet, diet coke can field.

He doesn't only host @cockmail adresses.
There are several innocent looking ones like
@airmail.cc
@firemail.cc

True, I’ll check it out. Thanks guy

Also, fyi cock.li's webmail client works fine with Tor. I was even able to create an account through Tor, whereas Protonmail seemed to want to prevent me from doing this.

Protonmail may be great in comfort of use, but there are few """little""" things I don't like:
1. They are DDOSed and hacked for many times
2. They decline they are bounded with data mining company, but it's a known fact that company is sharing its workers and resources with protonmail, so nobody knows how protonmail pays off for its debts
3. They are routing their traffic through Israel, you know what it means
4. "Encrypted" mail they offer is literally joke, since PM team can access your mailbox by sending you 'false' javascript. You cannot make an audit to its code, as, unlike tutanota, their core is closed source.
5. "On Wednesday, encrypted email provider ProtonMail claimed it had hacked someone who was impersonating its service in phishing emails, and the company then swiftly deleted the tweet". Google it
6. Pic related

Attached: 2018-08-18_14-03.png (631x349, 51K)

Holy fuck

Just because someone had their accounts compromised doesn't mean ProtonMail is at fault.

They probably had Password123, then someone used it to send spam, this happens with every provider

Protonmail is snake-oil. In their transparency rep. they list the recipients of data requests, even though according to P/mail they got zero knowledge. Also, they have to comply with Swiss surveillance law (BUEPF) which is the most stringent one of the world, incl. mainl. China. Any police officer can request data from any internet outfit or ISP without a warrant. In most cases, however, this is done informally, so it would not even appear in a transparency report.

To learn more google:
"hacking team" "beni weder" "kapo zürich"

Will be a good lesson.

Avoid this fucking snake-oil merchant and choose a very small e-mail provider in the States.

Pix: Beni, Bernhard Weder, Forensics, Kantonspolizei / Kapo Zurich.

Attached: topelement.jpg (640x752, 278K)

Such as cock.li?
It says on that website they recommend I encrypt my emails myself, is that really necessary?

>it gets ddosed every now and again
These assholes to it themselves, just like when they crowdfunded for the ransom and eventually kept the money (a few $100k) because they did not have to pay it. Protonmail DDoSd other secure competitors as well. Fucking crooks.

how's startmail?

>Apple
source?

Protonmail is a honeypot set up by MELANI, the Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance (Swiss NSA).

melani.admin.ch/melani/en/home.html

Attached: emblem.png (460x443, 308K)

>Protonmail is pretty nice, they keep censorship at a minimum and there is literally no privacy issue

Good goy.

Attached: Beni-Weder.jpg (1600x1200, 78K)

been using it for a few years now and have zero complaints. The unlimited aliases is also a nice touch

We'll discuss yr post later on, boy. Be prepared.

Attached: 2018-04-04 12_40_22-FBI Forms — Thank You For Your Tip.png (1600x879, 431K)

I previously used FastMail and it was great. Loved it, but it had too many features I didn't take advantage of so it was kinda expensive for my usage.
I've been using Posteo for about a year now. I can recommend it if you don't hoard old mail (since they offer little storage: 2GB).
I like the low price (1 euro per month) and it has the features I need including calendar and contacts, aliases, encryption for everything and signing up and paying without giving any personal information.
Check it out at posteo.net

>honeypot setup by MELANI
Holy shit, srsly? Do you have any documentation in this?

>Do you have any documentation in this?

checktool.ch

Q: Why did you do this? Why did you not just pass the information to a site like haveibeenpwned.com?

A: We were not in the position to pass the raw data to another organization.

Tick tock, tick tock, Hacking Team / Beni Weder

wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/9289

Is that enuff?

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Install opensmtpd!

Attached: images.jpg (247x204, 14K)

The problem with running your own email server is it has to be up 24/7 so that means you have to keep your server online. I guess you could use a raspi to keep the power costs down. But you might get ddosed and hackers will be port scanning you like a mofo trying to break in. You will also need to purchase a domain name probably from a dynamic ddns provider since residential IPs tend to change. And then last but not least i have ran into a few websites and services that flat out refuse to accept non big name email providers.

Unironically gmail.

Just encrypt your emails and use whatever email provider you want.

No email provider can protect your metadata, the email protocol does not protect metadata, you should basically assume your metadata is public. Protonmail is complete snake-oil. Encryption will protect the contents of your emails. So use whatever email provider you want, and encrypt your emails.

Criptext is fairly new and it's foss
criptext.com/

Attached: 0ltYXD7Y_400x400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Literally this.

Quite a catchy read, thnx user!

but that means encrypt must happen in your client, which you have to set up, and cant use on any other system because its not set up correctly, just more hassle

how is it snake oil, they dont say it protects metadata

I did the proton plus and vpn bundle as well, I'm in my 2nd year. super comfy, highly recommend

lmfao, this is worst advice ever. gmail has backdoors for NSA

Attached: Prism_slide_5.jpg (700x525, 86K)

I really don’t like the idea that they route their traffic through Israel? Why would they do this? Some kind of Mossad info op?

This mossad meme is 100% disinfo, fuck off

How do?

How so*?

Protonmail routes your traffic through Israel servers

Here is their PR

>I did the proton plus and vpn bundle

Here’s Why You Can’t Trust NordVPN and ProtonVPN/ProtonMail

vpnscam.com/heres-why-you-cant-trust-nordvpn-and-protonvpn-protonmail/

See >Protonmail routes your traffic through Israel servers
This is absolutely false

>These rumors are categorically false and stem from a fundamental misunderstanding of how ProtonMail’s DDoS protection works. ProtonMail protects against DDoS attacks by using BGP redirection and GRE tunnels. This means that Radware only handles incoming traffic, and all incoming traffic is encrypted. Both encryption layers (SSL and ProtonMail’s OpenPGPjs) are intact in this solution.

>The statement that ProtonMail traffic is proxied through Israel is also false. When traffic is redirected during a DDoS attack, ProtonMail traffic goes through DE-CIX in Frankfurt, Germany. This can be seen by doing an IP lookup of the last hop of the traceroute.

Attached: anger.jpg (269x211, 8K)

>vpnscam.com/heres-why-you-cant-trust-nordvpn-and-protonvpn-protonmail/
That has nothing to do with ProtonVPN, just more fake disinfo

>This mossad meme is 100% disinfo, fuck off

Sure, sure, Shlomo.

The Israeli digital forensics firm Cellebrite claims it now has the ability to unlock almost any phone on the market, including iPhones installed with the latest software said to be of top-notch security, as well as tablets like iPads.

nocamels.com/2018/02/cellebrite-hack-phone-tablet/

Tick tock, tick tock

Attached: beni1.jpg (520x390, 31K)

>*googles airmail.cc and firemail.cc*
>Ransomware, spam, etc.
>"I'm sorry user but I don't believe you are the right choice for our company."

what does either of those things have to do with protonmail?

nice evidence there faggot, what the fuck do iphones have do with this. you haven't proven a single thing wrong with protonmail, kys

Attached: notanargument5.png (624x616, 11K)

and what if you want to receive non-encrypted emails (any company out there)

>what does either of those things have to do with protonmail?

Hello Mr Weder, how are you?

Attached: 3a3.png (680x697, 899K)

posteo.de/en/

you're glowing

Attached: 1534370162639.jpg (1024x683, 145K)

>faggot

Attached: 3a7.jpg (680x680, 77K)

>can’t use on any other system
Not quite sure what you mean. Just add your keys accordingly and you’re good to go. Then again, you might want to read your private mail on your work computer or a public computer. In which case your statement is true. I’d question if it’s smart to access private information from a device you don’t have full control over, though.

>protonmail routes your traffic through Israel servers
did you even read the link? or did you skim it for the keywords you wanted and made up your conclusion?

if you actually read the post, it explicitly says that the traffic is routed through servers in germany. also, radware isn't even an israeli company, their HQ is in US and they have offices in israel and china.

my ISP gives static ips for free so there is no problem with the domain dns

>you might get ddosed and hackers will be port scanning you like a mofo trying to break in.
I would exclude a ddos attack unless you host a lot of mailboxes.
Hackers wouldn't break in if you did things well. (and trust me it's really easy to do things well).
A raspberry pi is perfect

Also make sure you are not an open relay..

ProtonMail recently passed a security audit with flying colors.

Shills go hang yourselves now.

>you're glowing

Attached: 143680456244125.png (1280x715, 268K)

I've been with ProtonMail since beta. I did pay $75 USD once which includes everything the plus plan has except 1GB mailbox, not 5GB. I don't even come close to filling it up and it has been used as my primary for years. From experience, the iOS app is lot better than the Android app. For some reason, I keep crashing with the Android app which I constantly have to uninstall and reinstall for it to work. If I run out of mailbox space in the future, I do plan on paying for the plus plan. Also, that article with the guy complaining on Reddit? He should have just contacted support for help. He also did admit to sending bulk emails which is not allowed with personal accounts which helps prevent massive spam accounts.

>passed a security audit with flying colors.

Who performed the "audit"?

>asked to clarify you claims
>dodges the question and goes straight for character attacks
thanks for confirming that you're a paranoid nutjob.

cure53

You lazy fat fuck, it would take you two seconds to Google and it was their open source algorithm

Your mom.
twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/1030101118595026944

btw, "muh redirect through Israeli servers" shills, how dumb are you? The traffic is encrypted, they can't do shit with it whoever gets it. kys

get bent you disinfo shill

Protonmail.com: "by strict Swiss privacy laws"

Does not even exist....

If it does: which parts of the Swiss CA, please?

Attached: 34370E0500000578-0-image-a-25_1463342157488.jpg (306x492, 25K)

>Stickers equal inciting violence
Holy shit, and you dumb niggers pay for it too

Womp womp

>reddit spacing.
You have to go back >>/reddit/

Who cares if gmail has backdoors? Use nsa.gov for your email if you want. All they will get is the metadata, because your encrypting, and guess what? they fucking already have your metadata no matter what provider you use because email is a pile of shit.

>private company refuses service to a hate group who violated the ToS
But on the flip side I'm sure when a baker refuses service to a gay couple for "muh bible" that's perfectly ok

Attached: bathtime.jpg (480x488, 46K)

> radware isn't even an israeli company

Their international HQ are in Israel, funny how you refer to that as simply "offices" after you accused me of simply reading what I wanted.
Both the founder Roy Zisapel and the largest shareholder Yehuda Zisapel are jews

The link is there and you can read it whoever you want. I don't trust Protonmail sending my data through Mossad servers.

They can access the data prior to encryption, if you use gmail and think it's safe then you're the most gullible person I've seen

Attached: Prism-slide-7.jpg (700x525, 142K)

>The link is there and you can read it whoever you want. I don't trust Protonmail sending my data through Mossad servers.
You didn't even read the Protonmail statement on this. If you had you would know everything you said was false. They're not sending your data through Israel, period.

Shills always ignore those details. A quick Google search can give you lots of info about how the NSA can break lots of encryption technologies we use on the internet today.

This is why I found it so laughable when those shill say

>b-but your packets are encrypted! who cares if Protonmail sends them to this (((company)))

>graffiti "kill all blacks" everywhere
>get arrested for inciting violence
>"Officer, how could I be inciting violence? All I was doing was affixing paint pigments to walls"
this is what neonazis actually believe

>data access prior to encryption
Enlighten us, please.

>NSA can break some encryption technologies
>Therefore you can't trust any encryption technologies
nice logic you got there

NSA is working hard to direct people away from ProtonMail today, phew!

where did you find this lol are you the dev, pretty dope

If NSA has everything broken, then nothing matters anyway except breaking your wifi card and lan ports.

Don't be dumb.

This. If shills are fighting hard against something like this you know it's because they are glowing.

Except said they can access the data prior to encryption, which is slightly different from breaking open encrypted content. I’m with you on the latter being a problem. But that’s not a problem with Gmail. That just means you use insufficient encryption.

Nice try smartass, there are two problems with the garbage you said.

I never said that "hurr everything is uesless, don't encrypt". All I said was that you shouldn't believe you are "invincible" just because something is encrypted, you have to take cares aboout other things.

I don't route my internet traffic through shaddy companies on a daily basis you retarded piece of shit.

encrypted data*

If they have a back door into the cloud and the keys are dirty, then they don't need to crack the encryption because they can see it before it's encrypted. Snowden literally revealed this. How do you think xkeyscore works?

>Quite a catchy read,

Yup, catchy for you, expensive for the taxpayer of Canton Zurich. That idiot sunk some $800,000 and kept his position. You can read all in the e-mails.

>NSA is working hard to direct people away from ProtonMail

Source, pleease?

>around here
most people shit on everything mainstream and 99% of every fucking online service
they can't even create their OWN service without getting their fucking feelings in the way
it's fucking ironic, they'll boast about paranoia in here yet they're okay with using their shitty terminal computers to shitpost in this messageboard