The RTX 2080Ti is gonna be a flop

>the RTX 2080Ti, Yes. Ti, is gonna be barely any faster than the GTX 1080Ti. It’s main feature they’re gonna push is raytracing.

Mark my words faggots

Attached: AFC283EC-980E-4491-BEF8-1CF654520C8F.jpg (1000x750, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/barba_toss
youtube.com/watch?v=-E61cZe5I_s
youtube.com/watch?v=jY28N0kv7Pk&feature=youtu.be&t=1489
venturebeat.com/2018/08/13/nvidia-unveils-real-time-ray-tracing-turing-graphics-architecture/
youtube.com/watch?v=2NsdM1VS5u8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pleb

>implying people don't want 64 pocket pussies instead of this card anyways

Attached: jgfDMUD.png (512x368, 276K)

Alright. I'm holding you to this Anonymous.

Nah, it will sell like hotcakes because it is going to be faster than 1080Ti at gayming for current and foreseeable titles.

I'm going to buy one.

Is this you?

Attached: retard.png (731x216, 19K)

This anonymous guy know what he's talking. We should listen to him.

you and everyone else with half a brain already knows that will be the case

Attached: 1534189245080.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Don't you idiots realize that even if this were true they're just going to nerf the 1080 in any future driver updates to guarantee nvidiots upgrade to their shiny new card.

twitter.com/barba_toss

It's probably this meme spouting Slav garbage hating on BASED NVIDIA

Why do people like him exist? Is it attention?

Ofcourse it will, how else should you play Fortnite like a god?
Nope
Nope

it will be like 2000$, and you stupid fanboys will eat it up

It’s gonna be faster than a 1080. Not a 1080Ti lol. But it will have Tensor cores for RTX.

I think I know who you are, you fuck

All they have to do to make it sell is hype the real time raytracing, which is not exactly new and I'm honestly not sure why it's such a big deal all of a sudden aside from Nvidia talking about it, to the point that everyone is going to assume that a card that can do it is going to be a requirement for any games that come out in the future. Some shills insulting people for saying otherwise would work wonders.

>Same thing as new iPhone every single year
Richfags love shiny thing.

Real time ray tracing isn’t new, but it has never truly been implemented in games because it is extremely hardware intensive. The ray tracing you know isn’t real time and is weak compared to the real deal.

Anyone spending more than $500 on a gaming card is retarded.

I would rather spend another $800 on an LG OLED TV :)

2080ti confirmed by pny site to cost 1k at launch.

What the hell

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-18-10-31-39-528_com.handmark.tweetcaster.png (720x1280, 373K)

He's russian. Alcohol and krokodil abuse do this to you.

>he doesn't play fortnight at 8K@240hz

Attached: Trump_88265.jpg-21026-1848.jpg (1484x989, 202K)

You mean the kikes and these neoliberal globohomo corporate gayplex companies entire purpose is to turn people into consumerists. Standing in line for iPhone x for hours even though you have an 8.

this is the monopoly you wanted. Now pay up goys.

Attached: 1387366513422.jpg (622x429, 77K)

>What the hell
Buy AMD next time they launch anything decent.
Tell your friends to do that, too.

It's a Volta with some more memory and a ray tracing chip bolted on. Mark my words.

>fortnight
You must be 18 to post in this site.

Isn't that what it's supposed to be?

Well, yeah.

Who cares about this cards? What's important is, will it make GTX10x0 drop in price?

No.
Kids might dump their cards on the used market, though.

I refuse to pay any price higher than MSRP, fuck them, I'll stick to my 7850 for as long as I can.

You could probably snatch a cheap used 1080/1080Ti after crazed kids dump them in favour of 2080/2080Ti.

By the time raytracing is used for real in video games this card will be horribly outdated.

I find it simply UNREAL how shit Fortnight and PUBG are.

>after crazed kids dump them in favour of 2080/2080Ti
>kids
nigga we are talking about 900-1000 USD tier cards here, what kind of kid can afford that shit?

>what kind of kid can afford that shit?
The rich(er) ones.

which are either in high class families or in mid-class families on their way to bankruptcy due to debt. Not a large market.

Still plenty for you to snatch a cheap used GPU.

>used GPU
>after the death of the mining craze
might as well fuck a whore without a condom

>tfw sitting on edge wanting to upgrade my PC and go from a 780Ti to something newer
>waiting for the new card to drop so I can decided whether to go all in and grab a 2080 or the Ti model or to hang fast and settle for the 1080Ti
Being Australian, I'm going to pay a pretty hefty price for either one anyway.

Attached: 1449372745069.jpg (480x640, 41K)

Not really. Nvidia dominates the market and can do whatever the fuck they want. They have a huge surplus of 1000 series cards though and instead of lowering the price on them they just make the new generation really expensive.

AMD is shit. You are poor. KYS and end it all

And when will that be?

Attached: sceptical ape.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Whenever Lisa thinks dGPU is worthy of attention again.
Probably not soon.

Yes it will be.
Just like 1080 was faster than 980ti

>Tensor cores for RTX.
It has tensor cores but not for RTX, there is separate hw for that.

They use them to run the denoiser.

That probably won't be the launch price Pyle. Companies do that when they want to list an item so people can see it, but they don't want to sell it.

Don't be stupid. It's literally going to be the best gayming GPU on the market, it has no competition.
Also with the threat of miners buying these things up fresh in everyone's minds, people might choose to get these things sooner rather than later.

>raytracing
HDR doesn't even work properly yet on wangblows and we're already moving on to the next meme technology?

Attached: 1496596416895.jpg (800x720, 496K)

Do monitors even have HDR?

Yeah, kind of but not really.
There are like 3 1440p 144hz 4k HDR monitors all above $2k.
Then there is also that samung CHG70 but it only has 8 dimming zones which is fucking unfortunate since it's be a great monitor with like 32 or 48

youtube.com/watch?v=-E61cZe5I_s

There'a a few, but I've only seen 2 that are even near the required brightness for HDR.

How long before it comes to laptops?

Next year probably. I don't remember how fast 10xx cards came to laptops.

Oh really? We’ll see in a week. That’s alot of pent up anger you have there user. Someone touch you inappropriately when you were younger?You’d be surprised

I mean i hope it's faster.
Would be a trainwreck otherwise.

Damn. I'm gonna be travelling early next year, and need a laptop with an 8750h for work. Was hoping I could get a gtx 2xxx card in there instead of 1xxx.

I don't really know, I'm just guessing.

it'll be 30-35% faster than the 1080 Ti. But for $1000 I'm not sure that's worth it

Some say its only 20-30 % and they release it because the 2080 isn't faster and has less VRAM. Its a joke. If this is true I will just keep mine.

I wonder why the leaked clocks are so low. Lower than 1080 Ti FE. Why? It wouldn't be faster even with 4300 shaders. I would expect it to run at 2.5 GHz OC and have 16 Gbit memory.

Attached: EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)

Clocks are low because Jensen said Turing does address and numerical calculations at the same time.

more importantly, why Ti coming so fast?
did ever happen? the infamous GT line comes to mind when they rebranded 8800 four times

>does address and numerical calculations at the same time
what?

idk that's what he said

youtube.com/watch?v=jY28N0kv7Pk&feature=youtu.be&t=1489

>more importantly, why Ti coming so fast?
anons here suspect that it is because the 7nm arch is coming on April so they want to push their current inventory sooner rather than later to avoid potential cannibalism.

Your panic sustains me.

It won't come that fast. What would be the point when they don't have any competition?

>What would be the point when they don't have any competition?
They don't want to make Intel's mistake. Remember than Navi is coming in 2019 (according to rumors at least) and Nvidia wants to be ready at all times so better sell the goys all the expensive cards now before competition releases something. It is a smart max-max strategy if you ask me.

Navi is console GPU.

it's already listed means its coming fast enough.
the worst is happening they sell 2080 as 2080ti and 2070 as 2080

then what is the upcoming GPU for PC's?

So ayymd shills are in for full panic mode

It might use the same Navi architecture, but those GPUs probably won't come before consoles.

more like everyone is confused the hell is nvidia doing with new gen since it got only marketing tech in it

>Ray tracing, the holy grail of rendering is "marketing"
>Benches show massive improvements in rasters as well
Very excited to hear about the new form of AA running off the Tensor cores, in particular. Judging from their market penetration alone it's going to see at least some adoption.
AMD is so far behind they're thinking of folding RTG entirely into semi-custom and iGPUs.
They aren't going to throw 7nm Vega at this and make a dent.

What is the ray tracing core going to do when theres no software that utilizes it?

sell more RTX cards which will be severely outdated when raytracing becomes mainstream.

yeah im also confused why amd shills are in full defend mode when theres literally nothing amd can compare with

>Everyone buys RTX GPUs
>Devs start coding for DXR, since they can get more performance out of the same card with minimal cost
Nvidia is around 75% on Steam. It's going to be in the low 90% by the end of the 2000 launch. Devs aren't going to ignore it.

>if you don't want to pay 1000 bucks for a consumer GPU then you're an AMD shill

Its going to take a few generations for people to ditch 970's and 1060 in favour of a rtx card.
Devs dont code anything for 5% of the playerbase.

>nvidia is forcing me to buy their newest card

>I like Nvidia's decision to price the cards at 1000 USD. Therefore I should shut up and never speak my mind about it.

Attached: 1534068275788.jpg (853x875, 208K)

>Devs dont code anything for 5% of the playerbase.
They do when it's clear Nvidia is going whole hog, and the SDK/API are already in place to make it happen.
>Its going to take a few generations for people to ditch 970's and 1060 in favour of a rtx card
A) Maxwell was circa 2014, and quite a few people are going to upgrade after 4 years, particularly if they didn't get the higher-end SKUs, and especially if the 2000 series is beast, which it looks to be.
B) Large segments of the market have older cards. People have been holding out for the end of crypto which skyrocketed prices, and it has just ended on the cusp of Turing's release.

Nvidia will gobble up that marketshare.

What's your point? They can price it however they want when they don't have any competition. Who's going to dictate the price when you're the sole manufacturer of that kind of card?
In the end no one is forcing people to buy it, if they don't think it's worth it.

>Who's going to dictate the price when you're the sole manufacturer of that kind of card?
>In the end no one is forcing people to buy it, if they don't think it's worth it.
You answered you're own question

Yeah, but you're angry at nvidia because they made their cards expensive. If hypothetically they don't succeed that's their problem.
It's starting to sound like you love nvidia so much that you want them to be the best company ever.

venturebeat.com/2018/08/13/nvidia-unveils-real-time-ray-tracing-turing-graphics-architecture/

A lot of that article was about people using raytracing for visual design rather than gaming.
>breakthrough in
high-quality motion image generation — denoising, resolution scaling, and video re-timing, Nvidia said.
>This means we can iterate faster, more frequently and with higher quality settings. This will completely change how our artists work
>GPU nodes can be used for final-frame rendering for film effects at more than 30 times
>Hybrid rendering enables cinematic-quality interactive experiences, amazing new effects powered by neural networks, and fluid interactivity on highly complex models, Nvidida said.

I dont believe games will use raytracing as a selling point in the near future.

>A lot of that article was about people using raytracing for visual design rather than gaming.
When the hardware base is established, and the functions are exposed via APIs (DX12, Vulkan) already massively in place, there's no reason they wouldn't. All the tools are there, and the market is preconfigured.
Ray-tracing having runaway success in the pro-vis space that could spend the time rendering is the biggest guarantor that devs are going to move sooner, rather than later, to implement free performance and visual gains.
>I dont believe games will use raytracing as a selling point in the near future.
They already are, and in under a year. This is Q1 2019.
youtube.com/watch?v=2NsdM1VS5u8

That's not ray tracing.
Taht's gameworks effects using a microscopic, barebones quasi raytracing.
And it looks like that ethan carter game

Try harder.

>They aren't going to have ray-tracing in games in the near future
>Well maybe they will, but it's not FULLY ray traced so it doesn't count!
>Also, you're a stupidface!
lmao

Okay so nvidia paid a publisher to sell their gpu by implementing some type of raytracing.
It's not a selling point, its just marketing for hardware.

lmao indeed
It really is hilarious when the gaytraced verion looks worse than the normal one.
2017 pre gaytracing footage looks so much better and people see it too which is interesting
>it may be the console version
top fucking kek

Attached: toplamo.png (1264x442, 48K)