/spg/ - Smartphone General

OG Moto Jow Forums Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1486da007fcbbbc0-jpg.jpg (1536x1024, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmochina.com/2018/03/02/lineageos-landing-umidigi-devices-soon/
youtu.be/9X5FjCZWUW8
youtu.be/t5FITv1D-QE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

Attached: 28427239_151776982174901_979396811439472640_n.jpg (1080x1348, 174K)

From last thread
Dunno what to get, would you recommend one of those two or something entirely different

IMO Redmi Note 5 is better value. It has a headphone jack, a MicroSD slot and 1000mah more battery. A2 does have stock Android and better cameras but you can always install a custom ROM and GCam on the Note 5.

first post, best brap

>fat/curve body
>fat disgusting ass
>cunt fake nails
>le 56% face
Is this what passes as attractive nowadays?
Low IQ, low self-control, low values shitskins?

what's /spg/'s opinion on the Umidigi Z2 Pro?

Attached: z2-and-z2-pro.jpg (1896x1300, 220K)

Attached: shopped.jpg (500x500, 55K)

>notch
Retarded FotM.
Redmi Note 5 still is the king of chinkphones.

>Overly detailed analysis of a thot
Shit bait

I do really like the A2's inclusion to Android One, and the fact that it's stock android and that's another thing steering me towards the A2. Camera ain't everything for me but it's always a plus if it's high quality. For now I'll only be using it for text, music and maybe some games on the side so added storage doesn't bother me too much. I'm more just interested in which will last me the longest before I need to buy again so I'd assume going for the one with better performance would be the way to go?

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

5000mah battery
microSD expandable up to 2TB

still wondering if there is a solution to this besides getting a new phone

Yes, because I do need 2TB of data on my phone.

how is it retarded? the P60 chipset is on par with SD660, and it has actual global bands

also to add apparently the Russian LOS team will develop LOS ROMs for it
gizmochina.com/2018/03/02/lineageos-landing-umidigi-devices-soon/

>tfw there will never be another phone like the OG Moto G

It wasnt even that good desu

same here
this
the Moto G LTE was better

i am a poor

No it isn't.

Redmi note 5

oh really?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-18-11-34-03.jpg (1080x1403, 385K)

Do i get the note 9 or wait for the s10?
What's the best place to get an notr 9 unlocked? Amazon has a decent bundle

I got one from the Samsung website. Hopefully will be getting the offered """"free"""" headphones instead of a voucher.

should i get a v30 or s8? theyre both around 300 on ebay right now

Upgrading from a One Plus One
Is Mi Mix 2 the best bang for my budget? (400$ or so)
Or have I learned nothing from week of lurking these threads

On TMobile so Redme Note is a no go

Thinking of switching from a oneplus one to an og pixel or pixel xl
They're 250 Canadian on eBay so convince me why not

Redpill me on anus max pro m1.
Are there any smaller alternatives with NFC?

Have a g5 plus now but still have og Moto with lineage as backup phone and works flawlessly

yeah, its pretty damn good, but the essential phone is on sale for $329 brand new, i'd rather that than the Mix 2

V30

any owner of the samsung A8, how is it?

V30 has a blue tint to the screen and gets distorted colors on off viewing angles
t. My mom has one
Seems like a good phone otherwise

Really? What makes you say that?
I've looked at the Essential Phone, but it doesn't seem to hold anything over the Mi Mix 2 other than being cheaper. Is it just made better?

Having a bigger screen is a major reason for me preferring it

it has 128GB storage as opposed to the Mix 2 which in the same price range as the Essential only has 64GB and neither of them have mSD support, also Essential has stovk android where the Mix has MIUI
they both have developer support, but good fucking luck if the Mix 2 fucks up because Xiaomi custimer service is shit where as Essential is leagues better and American retailers are more willing to work with you

Yeah but notch

So I'm looking for a new phone. I've been using the HTC One M7 since it came out and I've really enjoyed it, but, I think it might be time to swap to a new phone. I'll be purchasing one in the USA, under AT&T. I really only want to be able to jailbreak it to extend its lifespan. I would like to not spend a grand on it and I would prefer being around the same size as the M7 (137.4 mm (5.41 in) H 68.2 mm (2.69 in) W9.3 mm (0.37 in) D) or a bit bigger would be nice. Thanks.

Attached: Wizard Spider.jpg (960x720, 88K)

Good points But I wouldn't be using MIUI for very long, and I'm not sure how useful customer service would be, unless I get a dud and they'll trade it out or something

Also the Essential literally just went up in price. Fate has sealed the deal.

Xiaomi Redmi 4A

>Want to try using a phone without rooting it, first time in years
>Buy XA2 - fairly stock experience, and it's gonna get Android P
>It's a part of the Open Devices program
>It's been out for half a year and already has multiple official custom ROMs for it

I know the camera might get a bit worse because of losing certain things (Sony details the changes on the Open Devices page) but I really just want to go back to Lineage 15. I miss my root-needing apps.

What do

get used to it, if you think manufacturers are going to go away from it, you're going to be disappointed
16 bucks isn't much of a price hike, still same price as Mix 2

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-18-13-21-49.jpg (1080x1920, 512K)

Apparently the OnePlus 6T will be coming out "in October". Does anyone know what the precedence is for price drops?
I'm not sure if I should get a OP6 now, or wait for the price drop (or get a 6T...)

The notch has always been just a placeholder until they find a place to put the front camera on a bezelless phone.

A lot of people would say hold off because it's a refinement year and next year's will be bleeding edge with some "revolutionary" features but I usually buy in refinement years since it's just that, a refinement. Foldable smartphones or whatever the big new thing next year is are going to be jank and buying into one will essentially be a beta test.

and its doubtful most manufacturers are going to go the wau ofnthe Oppo or Vivo phones that have the motorized camera for no notch

Would that have issues with a grandfathered unlimited LTE plan? That was one of the reasons I didn't go with something like a OnePlus. I don't want to lose my unlimited data if possible.

>What do
Install a custom ROM and use Gcam.

What's an alternative for Twilight?
It seems to drain battery and doesn't work well on my redmeme
i have nougat

Use a phone that has it built-in
Everything else is just a screen overlay

If I'm just a casual user, should I go for the XA2 over the XZ2 compact?

>imagine being this gay

my wife has an ass like this and I can tell you it feels absolutely amazing slamming against my hips when I fuck her from behind. you have no idea how great a cartoonishly huge ass feels until you really experience it.

How much better is the note 8 over the s7 edge? Want something new but dont know if I want to spend a thousand bucks on the 9

A8+ owner here, Samsung Mid End is A scam. Go get zenfone max pro m1 with same performance and feature (minus water resistance)

If you insist on getting samsung, Note Fe is worth your money more than A8

how powerful have budget smartphones become now?
for example would xiaomeme with snapdragon 625 have enough power to:
> keep broswer with two tabs open
> keep messenger open
> keep playing music trough spotify
> keep navigation open
and be able to switch between these processes without lag and reloading app with its info?

Bro I have a SD435 and I can do that shit and much more.

lol i have been memed into buying oneplus6
I just need phone to play chess, use browser to get some information and navigate myself around the city while listening to music.

Pajeet ROMs should really be a last resort, I've never used one of these that didn't lower my battery life. It may not matter considering the size of the Note, but it's another hoop you don't have to jump through with stock Android, plus security patches.

I'd only buy a phone with either stock Android or a near-stock ROM (ex. Sony)

Attached: 1408018032313.png (702x397, 145K)

t. virgin

>I've never used one of these that didn't lower my battery life
That's because you use Samsung. Everywhere else they improve both performance and battery life.

SD660 is basically 835 with worse GPU. 625 is too slow for me honestly, though obviously it will complete any task you want.

I've never owned a Samsung phone in my life, friend. My last two phones were chinkphones.

incorrect, 660 is basically an 820 with a worse GPU and better battery life
835 hits over 200k in antutu, thats about 60k better than thr 660

Anyone here have experience using android go?
I am still using an iphone 5 and am looking for a reasonably priced replacement for it. My use consists of
-maybe 1 text per day
-receive 2 calls a week
-check time every now and again

Thinking of getting a nokia 1 pajeetphone or maybe waiting a while and getting a palm pepito for the smol.

hey there Satan, as long as you don't get an iPhone you should be able to do all that and more.

at a lan party rocking my g
>what are you doing on Jow Forums at a lan?
we are in between games Halo CE >> MW2

Attached: IMAG4792.jpg (829x469, 62K)

I've been looking the htc u ultra, would you recommend it? If not, which one? My range is around 400 dls.

Is it Good?

Attached: Screenshot_20180819-021310_Chrome.jpg (1079x1185, 242K)

yes

It numba 1! Buy guilo yes buy masterful chinese product

Attached: 1421037952276s.jpg (214x250, 11K)

no

Is snapdragon 636 actually good? Just bought note 5 pro and I hope I didnt get duped

I've been looking for a good floating YouTube player app for a while now.

Back in the day, this wasn't an issue until JewTube changed their API policy. As far as I can gather, today there are basically 3 apps that work somewhat well:

>the old version of Viral Player (no longer available on Google Play)
This app opens freely scalable windows, is lightweight and works great. The actual app itself is shit, but when browsing Jow Forums in Clover it's great for watching YouTube clips. The only problem is that livestreams don't work, and about 20% of videos refuse to start.

>GPlayer
The old version of this player used to be the only floating YouTube player that worked with livestreams. A bit laggy and buggy but at least it worked.

>Float Tube
An open source floating YouTube player without ads. It's a fork of NewPipe and is actually pretty well made. Unfortunately it doesn't support livestreams.

Anyone have any other suggestions? There apparently are tons of floating players on Google Play but I haven't tried them all.

Attached: stick_it.png (1272x713, 458K)

maybe

>Geekbench so no GPU score
Expect it to be somewhere between the 625 and 650/636 in terms of actual performance

If it prices around the Mi 8 SE could be a great alternative, cons over it are the chipset and locked bootloader, pros screen size and 3.5mm jack
Unless you're into mobile gaming it's gonna be enough for the next 2-3 years, possibly longer.

Does anyone make custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime?

My Moto died and this is the only replacement I could get for free

Not interested in mobile games. Sometimes il play gba roms but other than that

can you repeat the question

Xa2 has lineage os xz2 compact has the superior build quality minus the headphone jack

wanna hear how I know you have no life

Do you know any apps that can indicate the direction of your ISP's cell that you're connected to? there is pretty bad signal in my building and I'm trying to find whether the phone is dying or is simply being blocked by walls/other buildings.

Attached: 1493821357118.png (210x210, 85K)

Emulating is fine since it's CPU-based, the only console that it can't emulate smoothly is the PS2 and I only mentioned gaming since there are always anons that play/fap to mobage which kill the GPU with their poor optimization and live 2D.

Its actually a bit cheaper than Mi 8 SE in my country (also scores higher antutu)

pic related is a comparison with the sd 636
GPU score for the P60 is about 30k and the chipset scores consistantly in the 140k range
youtu.be/9X5FjCZWUW8

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-18-15-42-33.jpg (1080x841, 276K)

Smashed my g screen 2 months ago, Now rocking a redmi 5 plus, doesn't feel as sturdy.

Attached: IMG_20180818_164457.jpg (2250x3000, 2.01M)

Those are from mediatek themselves and it wouldn't be the first time they botched the results (as it was with the X25). If it turns out to be true it would be a great thing, as they didn't make a good mid-ranger since the MT6592.

Can someone smarter than me explain the real reason all these android phones are eschewing the headphone jack and sd card slot? Every year Samsung confirms it's not an issue or fitting shit in there, considering the Note have a huge fucking screen, all that shit, two camera modules and a stylus, so what the fuck gives? What's fucking gucci niggas?

Attached: 1444258441573.jpg (439x442, 29K)

Does anyone have any experience with xiaomi mi a2 lite? Would you recommend this phone to iP SE user looking to go back on android?

aside from the video being poo-njabi it compares an Oppo F7 with a Nokia 7+, resukts are nearly identical
youtu.be/t5FITv1D-QE @12:39

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-18-16-05-28.jpg (1080x834, 631K)

The SD 625 is a kind of dated. Also no sd card, I think. While it's fine, anyone would recommend spending a little more for a note 5 or an A2.

I guess it lets them skimp out on these features, and get away with it by saying that Apple did it.

No actual reason. As you said, it's not an issue of space and it also is not an issue to waterproofing. Their reasoning is that since apple abandoned it some two years ago, most users no longer mind taking it up the ass and they can cut the cost as well.

And you know the funny thing about it? Saying that the 3.5 mm is outdated is fucking retarded because we still NEED the analogue signal to hear anything. The DAC is now in either the dongle or the usb-c headphones, it's the same as before, but worse.

Note 5 is actually few dollars cheaper where I live. But it looks to freaking big. Before iphone I used lg g3 and I'd like to get something similar. Ideally, a bit smaller.

How good is the SD821 and 4GB of RAM holding up nowadays? My G3 is slowly dying and I want to upgrade to an LG G6
Im just doing slight browsing,watching videos and shit, my current one starts to lag when doing any of those after a certain amount of time

Kek.
A 170€ chink phone would do it.
Even budget phones nowadays are smooth as butter and have lots of ram.
High end phones are only needed for specific tasks that require more power such as emulation, rendering... Aka shit you do in a computer.

>The DAC is now in either the dongle or the usb-c headphones, it's the same as before, but worse.
This is what makes the difference to them, though. Instead of having to put a decent DAC in the phone, they can now put a cheap one in the dongle and, eventually, re-delegate the cost to the headphone manufacturers.
More than enough. Just check first whether there are any bootloop reports for the G6, some LG phones are plagued by that nightmare.

NewPipe on fdroid.