Let's get an "arch sucks dick" thread going

let's get an "arch sucks dick" thread going

Attached: 1534599107610.jpg (698x1038, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

let's not

>bitching about a distro you don't like
Isn't there anything productive in your to-do list?

Install gentoo

>bitching about bitching about a distro you don't like
no, btw

Windows wants you back.You should go.

The only people who hate Arch are too stupid to install it so they have to use bloated shit like Ubuntu.

I do miss the registry. Config files are bloat.

>le slippery slope
Of course you don't have anything productive to do. There are more people wasting time in bitching about Arch than Arch users themselves.

I'm on Arch right now.

Attached: _vkLS6sUM1wmVINYNF8k6eDtdQTSKaQTGoCqYFft5AY.jpg (960x569, 94K)

ARCH is the way to go when it comes to linux. it offers deep configuration which force you to actually learn how your os works. not having an installer is good, it both serves as an initial hurdle to keep tech illiterates at bay and offers you the greatest possible way to configure to get a minimal and fast operating system. literally the only distro that matters. you might as well stay on wangblows if you use any other distro since all you do is holding back progress for the rest of us

inb4 impotent plebuntu rage

Attached: arch.png (2000x2000, 137K)

Attached: butthurt archfag.png (627x627, 370K)

Arch Linux is for people who are too dumb to understand dpkg

Enjoy pulling all those useless dependencies with Gentoo, kike nigger.

can't unsee the fat guy under the logo

Couldn't hear you from my systemd-free, useflag-optimized install.

Attached: assblasted archfag.png (920x900, 443K)

>he doesn't resolve dependencies by hand
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?

My Arch setup is installed with the architect installer.

SystemD is based. BASED! It is the superior init system and can do so much more, while being faster, lighter, and more minimal.
Yet your system is still more bloated than any Arch install. Pathetic.

Manjaro is the way to go. Best distro imo.

I tried to download it, but apparently their SSL certificate expired.

void is the new arch

Attached: void.png (812x654, 68K)

>SystemD is based. BASED! It is the superior init system and can do so much more, while being faster, lighter, and more minimal.

Attached: proud cuck.png (192x203, 32K)

Update your web browser then. Must be showing a cached webpage from a few years ago.

Nice meme! It's like I'm really on /b/.

You are a cuck indeed, just fucking don't jump on every bait post like you do jump on BBCs, faggot.

Try installing it later, when your a little more competent with GNU/Linux.

I'm pretty comfy as it is.

Attached: desk.png (1919x1080, 1.97M)

>discord
OH NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>discord
>task bar on the bottom
>xfce
>gay wallpaper
>termite
>AMD
>bash
>more than 700 packages
>1080 and only 8GB of memory
Oh no no no no

Attached: Noobuntu Arch.png (383x400, 23K)

>arch
>927 packages
>VSCode
>discord
>gaymen wp
>steam
>in the same shot
You can't make that up lmfao

Attached: very lmao.png (680x541, 136K)

Attached: Arch xorg.png (381x399, 29K)

Your sound broke again?

Attached: Arch meme.png (1465x1007, 117K)

You sound like the kind of faggot to be proud of communicating exclusively through IRC and Jow Forums on his herbstluftwm rice with his Intel/Nvidia 32gb RAM tank of a PC, which he only really uses to shittalk others' working, tried setups.

is this what peak autism looks like?

Attached: arch beard.jpg (228x221, 9K)

Umm no sweetie. I just configured my alsa and it works flawlessly, and Portage never fucks with it. No need for pulse shit. :-)

Attached: arch user.png (1024x768, 166K)

Attached: arch loonix.png (1682x2684, 292K)

Oh, then you're ears are full of semen. Glad we worked that out.

I actually just run Gentoo with dwm on a PowerPC G4 with 32GB of storage through an IDE to CF card adapter and 1.5GB of RAM. Stop talking shit, CISC scum.

Attached: arch linux timesink os.jpg (1660x1940, 924K)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Arch Linux. The genius is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the code will go over a typical user's head. There's also Linus' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The AUR understands this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these programs, to realise that they're not just well written, they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Arch Linux truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the genius in Linus' existential catchphrase "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Linus' genius unfolds itself on their monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Arch Linux tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>you're ears are
L M F A O
M
F
A
O
Archfags are so fucking funny holy shit!

Attached: lmfao.jpg (399x385, 29K)

Do not post frogs on my board filthy scum

>linux is only for people with enough expertise to fix it when it breaks all the time

I agree with the first one, XFCE so and so, one of the best DE's out there if you use one, which I don't, I agree with termite, and more than 700 packages. Rest is bullshit, Bash is cool, 4GiB of RAM is the most superior amount.

It doesn't break. It's your own fault if something bad happens.

>lighter, more minimal
Oh sire, surely you jest. Tis not appropriate in present company I dare say.

It uses less resources. Sounds lighter to me, fuck nugget.

literally never happened to me

>Arch Superior Distro
>Can't even maintain the CORE code to not have issues
>Every other distro can change millions of lines of code and shit just werks™

Do you guys just enjoy self harming behavior?

im your freebsd guy that gets lots of work done, do i count as well in the "Typical person's life:"

Well, i havent suffered any breakage, yet, but from my experience so far, everything works fine.

see below

I've literally never had a problem with Arch that wasn't my fault, and the only time I had problems it was because I was doing some funky shit for the first time.

arch does fucking break on updates, how is that supossed to be "an update". The point of having a rolling release is to not have to reinstall anything but arch will shit on itself and you will have to find the reason, fix the shit that did fuck up when you did update and get running again, lmao

I use a laptop and I don't want to wait ages to install anything. Also, emerge is ridiculously slow.
Maybe if I get myself a powerful desktop with plenty of spare cores to compile stuff in the background.

Mad cos bad.

Get good faggot, Arch only breaks occasionally on *partial* updates.

B-but user if I don't get 1GB of updates with any relevant DE installed on muh Arch setup I am going to lose out of latest(tm) blazingly fast(tm) buggy(tm) programs. Only losers use Debian lmao.

I never had a reason to use noob-LFS nigger.

>buggy(tm) programs
>I-if we let this software sit for ten years on a hard drive in our repos, it magically becomes stable, r-right guise?
Debian is a meme.

Your post is so retarded I won't even reply with something meaningful but just tell you how much of a flaming faggot you are.

what version of gimp does debian currently have?
I remember when I discovered years ago that mine was half a decade behind missing many features, so I noped the fuck out of that distro.

Testing gets frozen and merged into stable once every 2 years so most likely the GIMP version you had was 2 years old maximum.

>he literally spends his days installing shit
>he doesn't plan and install what he needs beforehand
Maybe this is why you're unemployed.

First one was funny but two other images are just hate and you are a faggot. I am not an Arch user(anymore) though.

Arch is a NSA botnet

Attached: archbotnet.png (1200x500, 32K)

No, you(tm).

>touching xorg.conf for anything besides disabling mouse acceleration
90s are over, grandpa.

I hate this place

debian constantly fix bugs and security issues of a certain version of a package group, so it gets old but just werks(tm).
meanwhile, arch dev
>build new package from pajeet git
>test on a shitbox for a minute or so
>"works on my machine(tm)"
>upload it to the stable branch
>wait some hours
>see arch neet bug report
>copy paste a workaround on arch news
>?

So you honestly believe everyone uses Arch to either impress you or to spite you? Because if what you said were even remotely true, nobody would use it for any other reason.

How can anyone use Debian unironically?

>says the user using a distro that makes their packages bloated by default.

Attached: 1384111158046.jpg (680x510, 30K)

These retards dont know about nvidia-xconfig.They're like those Japs they found living on an island, who thought WWII was still going on decades after the fact.

>makes their packages bloated by default.
That's how they come from upstream, dingus.

>not trimming dev tools by default and offering a special repo for upstream
Save the dev shit for devs maybe? I'm sure you are one though.

I work for Kubernetes.

My father works for Nintendo.

Nice to know employees of Kubernetes are vain enough to care what anonymous losers say on the internet about their bloated os.

Void is literally superior

Have him set up an AMA on Reddit. They might care.

>using windows
kys

I don't get people like this.

Do you guys just not follow any sort of wiki page at all? Do you configure absolutely nothing, and just assume everything works? I've only ever had this once, and it was because of a change I knew I did.

It was fixed by reversing the change I did. Is basic, fundamental problem solving 'linux expertise'? If so, you're a fucking retard lmao

>look mom i ran genkernel

wow so fucking hard user im proud of you

This is absolutely not true. I installed and configured all the tools including polybar, i3, rofi, mpd and emacs and started working right away. Arch is fast and has a nice wiki for all my needs. It broke on me only once and that was caused by my shitty old nvida card. Void is still superior tho

I had a problem with my kernel a few times, so i just used a precompiled one

They're fresh off the Windows boat and don't realize you can fix virtually anything in Linux regardless of how catastrophic it may seem. Linux is amazingly flexible, hell, you can install Gentoo from an Ubuntu iso if you want to.Teens like to beat their chests and pretend to be adults, we've all done it. Just let them be kids, I guess.

Linux is amazingly just a kernel.

this has literally NEVER happened to me before.

This is our board.

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png (1200x600, 5K)

Where did the arch install process hurt you user

There's some other crap thrown in there too. There's an old hippie who used to freak out if you don't give him credit for his help.That was like 30 years ago though, he's probably moved on.

I think the small penis meme may have triggered her.

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html