/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What have you been working on, /dpt/?

Last thread:

Attached: FB_IMG_1534566837688.jpg (1080x1063, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yosefk.com/c fqa/
craftinginterpreters.com/
wiki.osdev.org/Expanded_Main_Page
littleosbook.github.io
tuhdo.github.io/os01/
youtube.com/watch?v=ajGX7odA87k
discord.gg/4TuhPhr
aka.ms/csharp-discord
robmiles.com/c-yellow-book/
cooks.com/recipe/pr4kc6x9/molasses-sugar-cookies.html
cooks.com/recipe/so0da7sn/chocolate-mayonnaise-cake.html
cooks.com/recipe/6s8y84c7/barbecued-beef-short-ribs-in-crock-pot.html
cooks.com/recipe/1m5j91yc/baked-catfish-fillets.html
cooks.com/recipe/104rd03l/crab-stuffed-zucchini.html
cooks.com/recipe/wf86d90m/carrot-tzimmes.html
cooks.com/recipe/ib4ju4uy/best-homemade-vanilla-ice-cream.html
cooks.com/recipe/yq6ed3d5/homemade-oreo-ice-cream.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Really? You had to delete the other thread to post this piece of shit meme?

Is this safe? I'm guessing not.

Attached: IsThisSafe.png (1006x297, 15K)

Is it better to read documentations than books?

debug source code so it shows how things happen

yosefk.com/c fqa/
sepplefags btfo

Fuck off, tripshit.

Read a book to get a general understanding of whatever you're learning, then look up documentation when you need something specific.

no

lel, no. no documention will come to par with sicp or uncle bob's wisdom

Attached: 9YmKi4i.jpg (1506x2048, 319K)

&& from < to
Follow the naming guidelines.
Learn to use SkipWhile
Stop using fucking var where the type is not clear

Playing around with x64 assembly, written a transpiler from BF to it as an exercise. Meh.

Attached: 2018-08-18-210222_652x830_scrot.png (652x830, 23K)

dat font tho

Newfag doesn’t understand trips

What's some cool project/tutorials to learn C?

Where's Rustle poster?

write a bitcoin full node

BTW in monday i will have phone interview: node.js/React developer. Could you guys give me some hints? I read React and js docs right now, should i read something about HTML/CSS? This offer is not even junior i think, i just posted unfinished node.js app to github and maybe he thought i am qualified. I am pretty stressed guys

just wing it. web dev is a meme

What if I'm not into cryptopyramid ponzi schemes though?

>js is shit
well, name one (1) isomorphic realworld language

I'll wait

then do something boring like write a web server or a compiler for lisp-like languages

It is a good scripting language (better than python) but all scripting languages are shit

>sicp or uncle bob
Please, next time pick one, I can't wipe fat off my screen.

anyone read new cukic book?

Attached: Dk5U6IjW4AA5o6q.jpg (369x467, 12K)

My last post digit will decide which language I have to use for all my personal projects from now on (at work I'm forced to use C#):

0: C
1: C++
2: Rust
3: Go
4: Java
5: C#
6: Javascript
7: PHP
8: Python
9: Assembly

What do you use node for? Running react?

Reminder that OO is for brainlets.

Attached: 1454449151354.jpg (499x499, 41K)

WHAT FONT?

kys

Based

Meh, I'm tired of C.

Attached: 1495253264506.png (321x322, 39K)

>lisp-like languages
What if I'm not into outdated programming paradigms that fell out of use after the 80's?

>at work I'm forced to use C#

>tfw I used to shit all over C# every day on /dpt/ and I unironically love the language now and get paid plenty of money to use it

Then write a fucking web server, or a programming language, or an OS, or a 3D renderer, or a physics engine, or whatever.

Like Java, it has lots of boilerplate and over engineered libraries, which makes it a good enterprise programming language but less fun and comfy for leisure programming.

or a deep net

C# is 1000x better for personal leisure programming than Java. Have you used the language since C# 6? C# 7 added even more comfiness on top of that.

>tfw I used to shill C# every day on /dpt/ and now I'm using Python
It's whatever.
Fuck the import system though. Who thought a nearly turing-complete import system was a good idea?

C hash is quite comfy desu

roll

how do i into wasm

>download emscripten
>compile shit

>forced
Nobody is forcing you to work. Become a NEET and enumerate how many Haskell functions are interchangeable with fmap

Any guides for doing any of that?

never reply to me again

google dumb useless faggot

But I am forced to work if I want to eat. Not everyone lives in their moms' basement. Also don't know why you brought up Haskell since I didn't even mention it. I'm not interested in functional programming.

To sum up, don't take it so personally everything somebody says about your favorite language, retard.

Writing a web server is IMO staightforward, for a (bytecode-interpreter) programming language — craftinginterpreters.com/ , for an OS — wiki.osdev.org/Expanded_Main_Page / littleosbook.github.io / tuhdo.github.io/os01/
Dunno of other ones.

Very helpful user-kun

Have an upvote

I just commented on your use of 'forced'. No need to get upset, autist.

i think so. React is library for js, node is server

does c++ have quick lambda expressions for getters/setters and methods like C# does?

for instance:

string Name() => this._name

(may have made some syntax errors but cba to write it perfectly, you get the idea)

No.

It's pitiful just how clueless you are.
Node.js is a headless interpreter for JavaScript, running Chrome's V8 JS engine.

Node has a "standard library" that it comes with, which happens to contain modules for running a server, but it is not the be-all-end-all of running a server on node.
Which is why express.js exists.

React is a framework which uses Node.js in its build process. Notice "build process". React compiles down to standard HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You can ship a website compiled from React using any server without any dependencies.
Unless you're doing some kind of server-side rendering there's no need for Node.

std::string Name(){return this->_name;}
wooo soo hard where are the cool arrows ;___;

However battletested express might be, it's so bloated and heavy on dependecies, it's insane.
The general quality of its codebase is awful as well.
Pretty sad there is no other popular library that has immaculate codebase with speed in mind.

>React is a framework which uses Node.js in its build process.

?

The dependencies React uses are built for Node, making it required for development, but they can be compiled and statically linked into the "binary", eliminating the dependency for production.

but i use yarn with React though

>"binary"
not him but why the quotes

youtube.com/watch?v=ajGX7odA87k

:^)

You compile the build every time you make a change?

HTML, CSS, and JS are neither machine code nor bytecode and thus not actually binary, but the comparison is valid when keeping traditional compilers in mind.

That was funny. Need moar

The only unsafe thing I see is modifying something while iterating over it.

peter thiel is a clown

>transpiler
>to assembly
That's a compiler son

any gui developers here?
what are your preferred architectures where responsiveness is the primary requirement? have you ever considered a queue message based handler (producer/consumer)?

>not anime op
trash

Attached: 1534588398092.jpg (9999x9999, 1.73M)

It’s fucking Terminus

Best resources to learn C#?

any ideas of c projects that involve linux system calls?

rolling

C# syntax can be mastered in hours. Read the .NET docs and Albahari book

Write a system call.

C# in a Nutshell for deep diving

Pluralsight videos for projects or topic learning and maybe doing a project

Albahari when you get to async and threads

There's a /dpt/ discord and a massive C# discord server:
discord.gg/4TuhPhr
aka.ms/csharp-discord

I just started learning to code (python) and while I'm an absolute brainlet it's so much fun just making the computer do what you tell it to. I wish I started this when I was in high school still

I fucked around doing project Euler problems in c# to learn it and used that online dotnet compiler to write in, but this was after already knowing Java so maybe not the best method for most.

Learned React and Es6 for building my frontend
Just finished learning c++ and writing a smart contract

Next step for my dapp is writing the backend. I'm probably going to go with Go and learn that. Before I start is there anything I should know? Is Go a bad decision? I was going to go with node, but that seems a bit pajeety desu.

If you're new to programming go here (Free PDF download on page):
robmiles.com/c-yellow-book/

Otherwise, the C# Discord here () is easily the best way to learn. Literally has thousands of users.

Go is the ultimate pajeet language

>Before I start is there anything I should know?
Canadian Aboriginal syllabics

Thanks a lot! Wish me luck

You can't escape being a pajeet. Just go outside and shit in the nearest designated street right now and save yourself the trouble.

>Going to go with Go
You won't be a trailblazer but you certainly won't be going on the beaten path either.
Making a web server in Go is a realistic goal but don't expect real help.

One piece of advice I'll give you is that there isn't a good "framework" for building a webserver in Go, and this is probably for a good reason.

I've been thinking about getting a raspberry pi for learning arm assembly. Is it a stupid idea?

Got my Recipe scraper working.:
cooks.com/recipe/pr4kc6x9/molasses-sugar-cookies.html
TOTAL: 172

cooks.com/recipe/so0da7sn/chocolate-mayonnaise-cake.html
TOTAL: 173

cooks.com/recipe/6s8y84c7/barbecued-beef-short-ribs-in-crock-pot.html
TOTAL: 174

cooks.com/recipe/1m5j91yc/baked-catfish-fillets.html
TOTAL: 175

cooks.com/recipe/104rd03l/crab-stuffed-zucchini.html
TOTAL: 176

cooks.com/recipe/wf86d90m/carrot-tzimmes.html
TOTAL: 177

cooks.com/recipe/ib4ju4uy/best-homemade-vanilla-ice-cream.html
TOTAL: 178

cooks.com/recipe/yq6ed3d5/homemade-oreo-ice-cream.html
TOTAL: 179

QUESTION: What Color should my programming Onezie be?
I'm thinking either qt3.1415 pikachu, black, orange, or a custom-made one.

Attached: dfbf2a90ab541b5d0858efd62e16a7a3.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>C# syntax can be mastered in hours.
lol c# is full of nooks and crannies that better designed languages like java (no really) lack

>Is it a stupid idea?
If you have no other ARM systems, its worth checking out. It you already have an arm system, then yes its dumb.

Get ta Pi3 and install an aarch64 iso on it. Arch works well.

>better designed languages like java
You're gonna have to have a pretty good defense for this claim

C# is Java with lots of features to remove boilerplate.
Anyways, you are going to have to defend Java after it gets what C# has had for at least a decade like value types

value types are an excellent example of what I mean, because of how much they complicate the semantics. When you have to refer to external declarations to know what x = y actually means you have a problem.

>One piece of advice I'll give you is that there isn't a good "framework" for building a webserver in Go, and this is probably for a good reason.
Ryan Dahl (creator of node) said that the best language for writing a web server in is Go.

>better designed languages like java
Why make claims that you cannot even back up?

I'm not going to deny that, but if that other guy thinks that building a webserver in Go is going to be anything like building it in other languages he's got another thing coming.

Can you elaborate on why you think that? I don't see why it would be true

If you've ever tried to find a framework to build a web server in Go you'll probably find that there is
1. not any
2. the only one you found was built and used exclusively by Chinese

There seems to be a certain zeitgeist in the Go community that frameworks are generally not the way to do things, which I happen to find agreeable.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. If I wanted to build a webserver in node, I'd use node's http library. If I wanted to build one in Go, I'd use its net/http library. Both are pretty similar in what they offer, and both are very easy to build something with.
If by "no frameworks" you mean someone hasn't already written your web server for you and you just configure it, then I can see that being the case. But that's really not what anyone means when they say building a web server.

lmao Jow Forums btfod

Attached: H6AZTsO.jpg (1918x1011, 179K)