Why aren't you running GNU IceCat?

It's the least botnet choice out of all of the mainstream browsers, and it has all of the functionality of Firefox ESR (which makes it better than obscure shit like Brave). Sure, the LibreJS shit is annoying, but that's only a matter of disabling two add-ons.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Botnet

Explain.

the logo is pure trash

spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html

It's not in portage

Eh?

I'm trying to follow the sources but it's not going so well. Mind, I'm very surprised to see GNU stuff phoning home. Any idea what data it's sending?

It's currently banned from Gentoo portage due to quality concerns

Every source that I can find about their reasoning is from 2014 or earlier. What's their current objection?

it's firefox based, which means it's dog slow and a piece of shit. it's just a 4th rate imitation of chromium at this point

Icecat will be outdated in a few days and they're not ready ready for ESR 60 icecat.

It says right in the image.

gnuzilla.gnu.org/filters* is for adblocking (GNU IceCat comes with SpyBlock, a modified AdBlock Plus). How's it going to update those filters without "phoning home"?

detectportal.firefox.com is for captive portal detection

location.services.mozilla.com is for Mozilla Location Services

Connecting to search.services.mozilla.com gives "This service provides regional search settings for Firefox clients. For more on the code, please see github.com/mozilla-services/absearch"

shavar.services.mozilla.com seems to be realted to built-in tracking protection

safebrowsing.google.com is for blocking phishing and malicious sites

notification.adblockplus.org has something to do with SpyBlock (again it's based on AdBlock Plus)

I meant the source for that info. Regardless, all of that seems pretty minor anyway.

I've been using Firefox and/or stuff based on it since like 2008. I've never understood people who say that it's slow.

>chromium
Who cares? That's a far too botnet.

That's arguably a good thing. I'm going to wait as soon as possible before I move to Quantum, I want all of the kinks, including the lack of addons, to be worked out.

Because NakedBrowser is way better.
Saged.

No Wangblows builds

the logo is comfy and probably the best FOSS logo

>>I've been using Firefox and/or stuff based on it since like 2008. I've never understood people who say that it's slow.

have you even tried chromium to compare? chromium is fast enough to be usable on my celeron n3050 laptop, even with adblock installed. on the same laptop firefox is very noticeably slower

Never heard of it.

Once or twice, no noticeable difference for me.

>one big ad for ungoogled chromium
nice

Source is link posted here but if you mean source files for GNU IceCat you'll have to download source code from the website, although I believe it uses the source code for Firefox and then uses patches/sed to change stuff.

>implying that you'll ever be sure that it's ungoogled

I mean the source for the info on that link. The link links to a source, but following that link doesn't seem to lead anywhere informative.

I will never use chrome based shit.
Ff isn't even slow unless you are using a shitty computer. I really hate chrome style, interface and botnet

It's not on 60 yet.

>i-implying it's not open source