Is this a good choice for a flash drive?

I haven't bought one for a while. Why are there so many choices? Is there a recognizable standard? Are some better than others? Are the encrypted ones a meme? (they look gay) Redpill me on [current year] flash drives, Jow Forums.

Attached: 23123435435423.png (1465x569, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kingston.com/us/usb/personal_business/dtse9h
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01BGTG3JA/
amazon.com/SanDisk-connector-Android-Devices-SDDD2-064G-G46/dp/B00RBGYGPG/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have that one. Just werks

I think the correct term is flash stick

This. Beware, it gets pretty hot on big transfers and the metal chassis distributes that heat along the entire drive.

I say jump drive.

No user you mean thumb drive

no, this fucking model jabs me in the leg all the time. Those fuck retards thought it was smart to make the loop on top of the drive instead of part of the drive.

my personal preference has always been kingston, this one is my fav style:

kingston.com/us/usb/personal_business/dtse9h

you are a complete fucking faggot

>2018
>buying data dudes
they're deprecated and you get them for free from every boomer establishment marketing material.

we call it wonder drive or magic stick around here

I call it drive that i never use because I have access to the internet but still keep it on my keychain incase i go somewhere that is boomer tech

Why not just have 10 at accounts per free cloud service?

This. The main advantage of metal ones are that you can chuck them around so they are great if you want to do a lot of backups and treat them like you do pocket change. The bad part is that they aren't meant for performance i.e read-write cycles or speed.

That's solid value for a zip diskette

I forgot to mention the tangent to that. If you value performance you will either have to settle for flimsy plastic ones or have some external esata solution.

>not buying a USB 3.1 Gen 2 compliant Pen Drive

The DataTraveler Elite G2 is also metal but faster than the one posted by OP.

I have both OPs Samsung stick (in 64GB) and the G2, and the G2 is superior when it comes to speed.

Metal sticks have another advantage: They don't break as easily. I've had plastic ones break where they are attached to the keychain, which sucks.

Attached: DTEG2_128GB_hr.jpg (2400x1500, 684K)

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01BGTG3JA/

64 GB model USB 3 for less than 32 GB.

Or

amazon.com/SanDisk-connector-Android-Devices-SDDD2-064G-G46/dp/B00RBGYGPG/

For use with both PC and Phones and double the space for same price.

Your listing is just overpriced garbage.

i think you meant "file buddy" and not whatever you wrote there with your thunder drive and what not

ZIP DISQUETTE

Because Micro SD with USB adaptor is cheaper and faster

>what is sandisk ultra pro USB 3.1