Strix wins again, how do they keep do it?

This is the sexiest card I've ever seen. All black, no nonsense, powerful as all hell. Day 1 buy for me, lads.

Attached: ASUS-GeForce-STRIX-RTX-2080.jpg (1000x767, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/GZJnFY2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

500,000,000,000,000 Rupees (0.00 USD) have been deposited to your account Rajesh.

why do car manufacturers never work on the side that matters...which the top and the side opposite the pci-e extension

Because car manufacturers are busy working on automobiles.

Why would they work on GPUs?

looks too thick

is that triple slot? what the hell nvidia, I feel like my 1070 will be with me this gen

Who wants a dainty little nothing for a GPU? This fucker packs a lot of cooling power, remember it's a Strix, they always have the best cooling and performance. Look at the tasteful all black theme of it.

>buying asus anything
>ever
Have fun with the absolutely shitty customer support

>8gb vram
*yawn* wake me up when the 3080/2180 comes out

best and quietest cooling solution on the market, I always get the strix cards.
over what? I've never had a card fail ever if it lasts beyond the first 2 weeks, and unlike the jewSA we have consumer protection

If you plan on doing watercooling EVGA is much more lenient in their warranty

OP pic is the 2080. The 2080ti comes with 11gb vram.

shalom, asus marketing

sooo the same as the 1080ti?
>inb4 muh gddr6
there's seriously no reason to buy this new gen of cards unless you don't have one already and can't find a used 1080ti for cheap

Rtx 2080 is a beast. Get that one, it beats the 1080ti. 2080ti is a meme card.

that's a render the real thing will look ugly with glossy black plastic and random bits of black painted metal. reference and non reference GPU coolers suck put a CPU cooler on them.

Its full of gay RGB bullshit

I miss the days of the single slot thin profile cards, I have a Lian Li PC-07 and it's an ITX with a single slot.

Even fucking 1050s are dual slot these days with a lot of the 1030s also having dual slot coolers.

Attached: PC-Q07.jpg (420x330, 34K)

I'm not going to buy a card that's priced substantially higher than a current one and will perform only marginally better.

These babies are powerful and with great power comes great cooling requirements. You can't expect a single slot solution to work with good cooling and headroom for OCing without going full housefire.

You can disable it, and the aesthetics are second to none.

But the rtx 2080 will be cheaper than a 1080ti and run faster?

Thank god you can, seriously, this rgb fad had to stop, its everywhere

Cheaper than a 1080ti is now? Cheaper than a used 1080ti. Doubtful.

>1050 and 1030s
>powerful
We're talking APU tier cards or barely better than APU tier cards here.

2080 has 8gb? Fucking dropped

inb4 it's got rgb under the fans

Is Strix the cooler so retarded that it literally didn't make contact with the VRMs on Vega?

They shit all over integrated graphics, are you high?

*fits your slot*

Attached: 1070KATANAweb_G_01[1].png (1130x780, 235K)

>three 80/92mm fans instead of two 140mm fans

dropped

can confirm. Returned it because VRM temp got 110C out of the box (with the fans spinning at 51% speed which was loud as fuck), both in open air and in computer case with nice air flow

GeForce GTX 1070 June 10, 2016 $379
GeForce GTX 1070 Ti November 2, 2017 $449
GeForce GTX 1080 May 27, 2016 $549
GTX 1080 Ti Launch price 2017 $699

If it's true the RTX 2080 Ti comes in at $1000 you are so fucked. Paying more for a new generation of GPU's which SHOULD be faster than a 2 year old GPU is idiotic. They should be priced at least the same + inflation which should not be another $200+ 2 years later.

>But it's faster!

Retards never learn.

I bet these GPU's still don't autmatically output 23.976 FPS when I set it to 23Hz and I have to set a custom resolution myself. Switching to AMD's RX 480 it immediately did that. Same on Vega 56.

>He does not use his GPU for sending pirated movies to his 4K TV
>Only games matter

>all black
>ebin GAMER rgb leds

Attached: 1520794450185.jpg (632x654, 80K)

nvidia has a monopoly.

>Anus

>powerful as all hell.

Cringe.

Most of that "cooling" is dumb fucking plastic

>8GB
>11GB

What's with memorylets?

Why do I get the feeling they'll release non-VRAMlets in 8 months

Like a 12GB 2090 and a 24GB 2090Ti

>What is ryzen 2400G

That's up to the monitor/TV and what video modes it tells the PC it supports, not to the graphics card.

>there's seriously no reason to buy this new gen of cards
Every, fucking, time. Do you never get bored?

*overheats*

they definitely will

90 series cards are dual gpu cards you brainlets

It seems to run just fine even when overclocked, temps are a bit higher than Founders Edition 1070s but you can't expect ultra low temps with such a confined space. The big question for me is how fucking loud does it get? If it sounds like a jet engine then I'd take a pass on that without thinking twice even if it does look sexy as fuck.

I wish they'd built like 5-6 slot cards with CPU cooler like towers blowin air out the back.

>All black
Its not fully rendered you dumb fuck
>sexiest card I've ever seen
The new connected fan blades are horrendous and dumb. They should've stuck with their current style fans.

imgur.com/gallery/GZJnFY2
since the OP is blatantly shilling I'll post this from plebbit. Also, searching for Asus Strix VRM temps would be a nice ideafor anyone who's considering purchasing Strix cards.

Maybe is just a problem with the vega? The 1080ti strix had good temperatures but i guess i will wait for reviews.

not him, but I think Asus has a poor track-record with AMD cards (read: they slap the Nvidia version of their coolers onto AMD cards and call it a day even if the VRM are in different locations)

Aren't these cards heavy as fuck? I heard some users with Strix expericing noticeable sagging.

I'd prefer EVGA for their compact and average-weighted cards.

Yeah that is what i was thinking, shitty practice but reviews exist for a reason.

It's a plastic shroud, unlike the metal shit they use on Gigabyte's Xtreme cards. It won't be bad at all.

>The 1080ti strix had good temperatures
fucking lol
the only 1080ti that had temps below 95C on the vrm was the evga one with holes

>ANUS graphics cards
lol

Their motherboards are and always have been the only thing they make worth buying, and even then it's because the standard of competition is so fucking awful. Thankfully that's not the case with graphics cards and there's no reason to buy ANUS' overpriced, mediocre efforts.

Figures that some retarded /v/ tourist who buys components based on looks would like it though. That's their core fanbase.

Attached: merry.gif (270x356, 2.12M)

Are you retarded? The Strix cards always outperform the rest of the competition, best cooling and silent performance.

true for nvidia stuff
us drones don't have much choice
sapphire competes pretty well with asus but their warranty doesn't support disassembly, which leaves only XFX which makes nice PCBs but not necessarily great coolers

Nobody's falling for your tricks, ANUS marketeer. Try /v/.

fucking lol

Attached: 1445069066502.png (680x683, 959K)

dumb pic desu
the smarter jew would never use garbage gear meant for the masses

If you're buying ANUS AMD cards then you're the biggest retard of all. See Their AMD cards have always been absolute dogshit even compared to their Nvidia ones. Their Hawaii cards were outright embarrassing, with a 780 cooler that didn't fit properly slapped on there, zero memory or VRM cooling besides minor fan airflow and fans that were prone to becoming unbalanced and shearing off. Gigabyte are the only company that treats AMD with more disdain. Literally any other manufacturer is better. Even MSI, and I wouldn't take an MSI product for free (well I might, but I'd sell it on Ebay and buy something else).

Will they reveal prices for all their 2000 series cards and release dates tomorrow?

not denying that and not even defending asus
my post hints that I do mods, which means I only care about PCBs and possibly not voiding my warranty, which I did this time around
I strongly dislike noise and would never use a stock GPU cooler, thank you very much

Ironically enough the single Gigabyte 7970 I had was the only card in the HD7000 - R9 200 era that didn't develop fan issues. I otherwise had a Sapphire 7850, another 7970 and a 290X, all with one of their fans failing after 2-3 years.

That Gigabyte 7970 still works fine to this day, though I always thought it was a piece of shit because they stealthily voltage locked the thing in a later revision while all the review samples were left unlocked and had excellent OC results. Mine didn't, obviously.

plastic > metal
wtf?

I always buy EVGA so I don't have to deal with a chink company.

Not for the 2060 or 2050.

Yes for 2080 and 2070.

I assume the metal shroud is heavier and serves no practical purpose, it's probably there because metal is "premium" but plastic would actually be a better choice of material as it would make the card lighter.

>Yes for 2080 and 2070
I've seen rumors saying that tomorrow is going to be 2080 Ti and 2080 with 2070 coming in September.

I wanted this card real bad, because it's the only vega with a dvi port, and I agree that it looks damn good.
I still might get it, (prices for them in my 3rd world country are a lot cheaper than for the sapphire, which also are a bit hard to find) but knowing that some assembly will be required. If i do, I'll make sure to get those 3mm thermal pads.

So, close to 100?

metal casing 1/5th of a mm thick.
>heavy
does not compute

Why buy a card you need to replace thermal pads for because it has DVI instead of buying a card with a good cooler and getting some cheapo HDMI > DVI adapter or cable for it? You're buying extra shit anyway, I'd pick a card that is actually designed properly.

price difference.
about 200usd less for the strix.

just buy a Strix 2080 nigger

my reasoning.
according to buildzoid the strix has the best vrm (components) of the vega, inlcuding the sapphire nitro (which i know has better cooling, especially after considering the topic at hand).
it does look good.
it has a connector I need
it's about 200 dollars cheaper (3rd world shithole)
it's available everywhere, I might even find good deals soon. The sapphire Nitro+ is hard to find, stocks don't last. So they're usually even more overpriced than other cards.

that's why.
also, this my own you
so, I'm aware of these problems.
Besides if I could find a good deal on a nitro+ I would very much prefer that one and get an adapter as you said.