Buy GTX 1080

>buy GTX 1080
>you are stupid you should have wait for the 1080ti!
>buy GTX 1080ti
>you are stupid you should have wait for the RTX 2080!
>buy RTX 2080
>You are stupid you should have wait for the RTX 2080ti!
>repeat
Exactly what you all want me to do it then?

Attached: 1414154.png (512x512, 8K)

Make up your own goddam mind

Not buying this shit is actually the way to go. Buy a console and install Gentoo on your PC.

>buying high-end equipment
Diminishing returns. Always go mid-range.

Idk if I should buy a laptop with a 1060 on it

based and redpilled

If u want it just get it, trust me, this “wait for X” thing happens everywhere and it’s literally endless.
Reference - years of experiencing this epic “phenomenon”.

Just buy all of them as they come out

you are stupid you should have waited for the RTX 2180

>Not waiting for the 3080 ti
Enjoy wasting your money.

>not waiting for GTX2080Ti performance in an APU

fucking idiot.

depending on how good the ray tracing is done, and how fast it can do it, there may be no real reason to get a higher end gpu then a 2080/2080ti for real time quality

we hit a wall hard with pollies where more doesn't mean better, textures are getting there if not already there, as you have to wall lick to see truly shit ones anymore. one of the biggest things that is demanding is lighting, but with that being handled by a seperate part of the gpu dedicated to it, it may free up some of the other aspects to run even better now.

However I think the ray tracing is going to be mildly laggy at least

will be really interesting to see what it does in the real world.

Bullshit you buy either the best you can afford or you have a use case and spec according to it. If you don't have that mind set then you'll end up like OP who is obviously a clueless child

keep buying every new gpu goy!

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 38K)

a 1080 was a solution to no problem, and a 1080ti is barely a solution, but it at least is one

the 2080 will be a near true solution, and 2080ti may be a real solution to 4k144

basically there was 1060 6gb for 1080p, 1070 for 1440 and 1080ti for 4k

this next gen may not even be worth while to get depending on how they handle lighting. Im sure you could do something to force current lighting engines to go through the matrix (tensor) cores, and if they do, it may greatly accelerate current games, but likely no games will truly take advantage of ray tracing this gen of gpu, making the biggest selling point of the high end cards moot, unless you have a 4k 144 screen.

hell, games are starting to eat 6+gb of ram and they lower the fucking ram on a 2070... are you fucking kidding me?

>hell, games are starting to eat 6+gb
I haven't really seen anything go above 4. Most are still 2-ish.

Good goy spend all your money on a part that is only marginally better than mid-range

I constantly see mine eat 6gb and shit itself, crash the gpu driver and then restart.

but there is also a solid 1-2gb being used by background applications too, thats was causes the crashes, but games alone I see 4+ often.

nvidia has been segmenting hard, to the point mid to high end is usually if not double the performance.

First of all, are you talking about VRAM or regular RAM? Second, which games do you experience this in, it doesn't seem normal. In terms of regular ram, sure 5 gig+ is possible, but for VRAM the most I've seen used is 4.5~ ish. The vast majority of games are 1.5-2.5 gigs of VRAM usage.

I think realistically we won't see price drops on existing cards until Black Friday.

I'm waiting for Nvidia to make their announcement tomorrow. If prices don't drop by the end of the month I'm biting the bullet and getting the Vega 64. I want to use freesync / gpu passthrough without hacks / not support nvidia. Yes I know the 1080 is $100 less and has 5-40% more performance in certain games stop reminding me ;-(

im talking v ram, currently im useing 3gb of it without a game being open. I think the game that pushed my vram and crashed was the surge.

Yea I'm also use to games eating around 3-4gb of ram, its why im shocked when it hits 6gb and crashes at times, but doe to background shit eating vram too, it happens more often then I would like.

as for ram, its common for me to see games eat 8+gb of my 32

>currently im useing 3gb of it without a game being open
What the fuck

>buy a piece of hardware you like. Install it and wit works. Never again read reviews prices or opinions,.

That's the only way to win over the poor incels

yea, web browsers are shit like that, that's eating 2-2.5gb but madvr is eating another .5-1gb, though this one is easily dealt with.

Your browser only stores what is currently visible in VRAM pal, unless you are watching several 4k videos, there's no way it's using 3 gigs.

Attached: 1534163884214.gif (367x219, 523K)

chrome just eats ram and never give it up, at least as far as vram is concerned. because im doing shit, its not easy to relaunch, as there are quite a few volatile tabs that the moment they are closed will never open the content again, working through them now, but taking a break to post on Jow Forums

>chrome just eats ram
Yes.
>at least as far as vram is concerned.
No. This is not how VRAM works. You are confusing regular RAM with VRAM. The only way your browser could be storing so much shit in vram is if you are watching several hardware accelerated videos at the same time. What you are describing is impossible.

till you realize chrome just fucking works this way, there are two processes where chrome does not give ram back, the core chrome process and vram, both of these gradually get bigger and bigger and not a fucking thing you do will make them go down after a while shy of a restart.

this, mid range is on better process and use less power

No. It simply doesn't work that way. If it did, 80% of laptops and 100% of tablets would be incapable of running Chrome due to integrated graphics chips generally having 1gb to 1.5gb of vram.

Stuff doesn't just get stored in VRAM like that. It doesn't work like normal RAM. You do not understand what you are talking about.

He could be looking at a 3 GB image file.

The path to enlightment must be progressive, you can't possibly be radical and obtain durable results.

He could, but chances are he isn't.

and yet it works the way i'm saying it does, It doesn't matter what it should do it's what it does do.

for the most part what you currently are doing will take president over other shit, only really causing a problem with something that is trying to be pushed out also demands to still be there rather than wait.

All I can say is chrome is shit and needs to be restarted.

Quit making shit up, you're obviously baiting. Nobody can be this stupid.

Buy when you need to, unless a release is actually imminent. Like, 1 month or under imminent.

There's always something better a year out. You can't Just Wait forever.

>and yet it works the way i'm saying it does, It doesn't matter what it should do it's what it does do.
It doesn't. Stop insisting that water isn't wet. Either you have some kind of malware that is mining shit on your GPU in the background, or something similar. It simply doesn't work the way you say it does. The sun is hot, the sky is blue, and VRAM is only used to display what is currently on the screen.

What's a good card for GPU rendering in Blender?

Attached: arnaud-imobersteg-scene-industrielle-f9-2k-1600x2400.jpg?x12477.jpg (1600x2400, 847K)

OK, then prove it. You will impress everyone.

Never. Just keep waiting.

>wait for the RTX 2080 to buy a used 1080ti

Attached: 160328_SCI_neurons-firing.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg (1180x842, 480K)

Maybe not used since it's hard to say if it has been used for mining, but if stores clear shelf space by discounting the previous gen then I think go for it. Previous gen card is not obsolete after the next one comes out. It's still pretty powerful.

vega 56/64

They want you to buy AYYYMXD HBMEME shit.

>force current lighting engines to go through the matrix (tensor) cores
I'm not sure how that would work. However, tensor cores are useful for raytracing. The new quadro cards have both tensor and RT cores and I bet the 2080 does too. I'm under the impression that for real-time ray tracing, there isn't enough time for the RT cores to light everything evenly, so they use the tensor cores to denoise the rendered image.

All the other replies are shit except for this.

>Exactly what you all want me to do it then?
if ((time_remaining_until_next_launch three_months) && want_new_card)
{
buyNow();
}
else
{
// Do nothing.
}

Especially with how shit Windows 10 is, I'm starting to think this is the solution. A $250 console can play everything well enough and it will last you until the next generation, which is generally 5 years. Making it probably the most cost-effective way to play games. Then once you no longer play games on your PC, you can upgrade it once every 10 years.

If you got the 1080Ti when it came out you would've had literally a year and a half (up till now) with nothing coming close to it performance wise. Not even that, you could've sold it for at MSRP or above because of how stupid pricing/availability was.

Nigga you can't even write pseudocode correctly

if (want_new_card)
{
wait();
}
else
{
// Do nothing.
}

>buy GTX 1080ti
>you are stupid you should have wait for the RTX 2080!
Funny, I don't feel stupid, having been enjoying my 1080 Ti for 18 months now whilst the Just Wait™ retards Just Waited™ for a card that's going to be not much faster (except in theoretical games that don't exist yet) and priced higher. And the 1080 Ti is still such a beast that I can happily wait another year until the real 7nm cards arrive, rather than this hilarious ray tracing marketing scam that this quick cash grab generation is being propped up with.

Attached: laughing man.png (490x445, 167K)

BASED

Honestly what should I do if I have a 960? In my enb skyrim, for example, I get 50 fps on average. I want to run 720-1080p at 144 fps. I have a good cpu. I was thinking a 1070 or 1060, but idk if it's worth the money to upgrade.

This if you're a poorfag, but this if you're not
if next_launch_soon && want_new_card
wait()
else if want_new_card
buy_now()

Shit I'm a brainlet as well, it should actually be
if (! next_launch_soon) && (want_new_card)
buy_now()
Preferably without a ! or parenthesis if I could think of a better naming convention than next_launch_not_soon

>Exactly what you all want me to do it then?

go back to /v/

This. The last 10 years I've bought a GTX 270, GTX 670 and a GTX 1070. Couldn't have been happier ans good price too.

>having been enjoying my 1080 Ti for 18 months now whilst the Just Wait™ retards Just Waited™
And you will continue to enjoy your 1080ti for the next 2 generations, just like people who have an 880ti or 980ti are still doing just fine now.

>based and "capped iq"

>negate+ AND operator
>instead of ||
absolute state of /g

if false || foo
// code is run

if true || foo
// code is run
Code should not be run if next_launch_soon is true, therefore || is wrong. But it should really be using something like
if next_launch_distant && want_new_card
>absolute state of Jow Forums

Fucking this. Better yet, buy all three of the major consoles so you don't miss out on any of the exclusive games. Console gaming really isn't far off from PC now. The only downside is lack of mods in some games, but Bethesda has been showing that it's possible in the console space with Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE, so I'd expect more games to start allowing mods soon.

Unless you are into grand strategy and 4x games which are PC exclusive, but then you don't need a video card anyway, just a powerful cpu.

Only the smart people will wait for 7nm GPUs, since Nvidia is just filling the gap for the RTX series. It is already so close to 2019 already, so might as well have gullible idiots buy their new cards, and be attracted to the ray tracing meme feature.

Next time try using your brain for 5 seconds before you mock someone.

It doesnt matter what gpu you buy or when you buy it, it won't make you any less stupid.

buy what your needs necessitate not the "latest and greatest" unless its just around the corner like right now anyways

Based and bluepilled

Yes goy buy everything those exclusives are very important BUY BUY BUY

Buy when you need it. There will never be the "perfect time to buy"™

I don't partake in this flavor of consumerism, but I believe a major part of why you hear this stuff is the timing. If a GPU has been out for a long time and a new one is gonna be on the way soon, then it makes sense to wait, since the existing ones should get cheaper and the newer ones will be better. Basically, if you buy at release then no one is gonna say you should've waited, unless there's something confirmed far out that's gonna be radically better for some reason.

Buy a vega 64, either sapphire or power color. Tell everyone who questions your choice to fuck off while you laugh and enjoy better performance.

what was wrong with his code? aside from not using a code tag

Wait until the last ever video card release and buy that.

Still cheaper than building a gaming PC with one of these $1,000 Nvidia RTX 2080 ti cards, homo. Nice damage control though Nvidiot.

>You need the highest end GPUs to run at potato settings