Console gaming experience

TL,DR What is the experience like of playing on a console? (Specifically the PS4 (pro))

The only console I ever owned were Atari and one old nintendo I don't even remember them well.
I've been playing on a lower end PC with a 900p monitor for the past 6 years or so. Still runs games like Overwatch and dark souls games flawlessly, but its starting to show its age. (I don't play Overwatch or anything competitive anymore so the whole FPS is better with mouse thing doesn't apply to me.)

I'm considering scraping this PC and getting a laptop with a decent CPU (no dedicated graphics) for work related stuff, and a console for gaming. (Specifically a PS4 pro with a 1080p monitor or whatever that I could use as an external for the laptop)
>Main games I'm looking forward to playing are Bloodborne and Nier:Automata.
>I'm interested in the anecdotal experience of people who actually use and play on consoles, not so much in how a $3000 PC is superior.
I could consider getting a stronger desktop but that's unlikely unless you convince me.

Attached: playstation-4-pro-vertical-product-shot-01-us-07sep16.png (1000x1007, 756K)

At this point we're two years off from the PS5, just get that and you'll be set for the next eight years. If you buy a PS4 now you'll need an upgrade soon.

2 years is a long time though and I could always just sell the PS4 after the PS5 is released to get like a third of its price back. It's also relatively inexpensive if I consider the price of a beefy PC.
What is the experience like on PS4? Have you played any games on it? Do they run well? I dislike 30fps on PC, yet it seems smooth on consoles for the most part.

What are you doing here? Yes, consoles are technology, but their only purposes is GAMING.
So fuck off to /v/

I will never understand why grown fucking men waste their money on fucking consoles, especially when you can pirate games on PC

It's really nice just being able to buy a game and know that it generally just works, no worrying about what graphics settings you need for smooth performance, controller isn't emulating another controller so the analogs control better, and wireless controller without extra input lag. Also, v-sync optimized for low input lag without buying a special monitor.

Attached: ps4vspcinput.png (1654x1304, 643K)

>75+ ms input lag
Idk if this is a meme but I never noticed it being that bad

Why not ask a board for video games or something

Because 90% of good games don't get PC releases and the remaining 10% that do get them 4 years after the console release.

He's better off asking here.

No he's not

I can't speak for PS4, however I mainly use my xbox for the Forza titles. Playing consoles on your couch, in the living room is super comfy and enjoyable.
Granted PC has it's benefits of high refresh rates, and better performance. But to the average casual gamer they don't give a shit.
Getting a PS4 would give you the exclusives people shill towards others.

But at the end of the day OP it's up to you, I'd personally stick with a powerful PC.

Because PC is a dead platform.

PC-98 > PC

How so?

because grown fucking men have a job and actually make money to purchase things with

My point is that consoles are a ripoff and spending money on them is stupid as fuck

You mean steam is when all the publishers start releasing their games on their own service to get their 30% back.

Attached: valvecucked.png (639x594, 203K)

I only have a PS3 so it isn't current-gen, but the experience has always been much, much worse than PC. Low FPS is terrible and actually makes games less fun to play and analog sticks are horrible for anything which requires aiming. The console does absolutely nothing better than PC, it only exists as a cash gate for exclusives. You pay the console tax in order to get access to exclusives, it's otherwise worthless compared to a PC.

I doubt much has changed with current-gen, the consoles seem to be fundamentally the same, especially the controllers. Analog sticks really suck for certain genres, I find it very unfortunate that you don't really have the input device options you do on PC. On PC I can always pick whatever device works best and I have rebinding/reconfiguration options for pretty much anything I want.

>Fallout 76
Nothing of value was lost etc

Someone once made a really nice tldr along the lines of

>PCs are for nerds that don't have money/save money
>Consoles are for normies that have too much money

I have played on both, though never owned a console besides PS1. And what I experienced was shit and not comfy. I rather stick to my keyboard and mouse.

So much this it's not even funny. Once I jumped onto PC gaming I could never go back to consoles. And gaming on PC just feels a lot more natural for some reason.

the only games I wanna play are on ps4, soooo

But everyone that's poor I know or have known in my 3 decades of life has used consoles? It's more like PCs are for nerds with too much time. Money isn't the issue.