Build a cute little itx computer with ryzen 2200G

>build a cute little itx computer with ryzen 2200G
>only OS that boots without crashing is CloverOS
ty based Jow Forums

Attached: 2018_0720_134351_001.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Mini-DTX-Computer-SG13WB-Q/dp/B07CDLS631?th=1
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LibreOffice
roofus.tools/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he dosnt know how to install windows
ohh yeah, Jow Forums is such a bad guy

nice shitty case

mine nibba. what are your specs and oc? also what case is that, looks nice. sorry for the cables but this was taken when i teated it. its currently better. also i heard manjaro works fine on it, havent move to yet cus of compatibility issues.

Attached: Screenshot_20180803-231357.png (1080x1920, 2.74M)

>installing windows in 2018

Attached: 1533924784011.jpg (274x248, 13K)

>windows
wew

amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Mini-DTX-Computer-SG13WB-Q/dp/B07CDLS631?th=1
this is the case
pic related is the build
no overclock yet, been fiddling with the install and also working on several other things so not really rushed, but currently CPU runs at 32C so probably can do a decent OC on it with stock cooler.

I tried debian testing, arch, cosmic ubuntu alpha testing, and all failed so I almost installed windows then I figured hmm maybe the autists actually got it working and so far works flawlessly.
ofc I need bleeding edge kernel and arch had an IOMMU error or w/e so I didn't even bother troubleshooting, I hate arch anyway.
I was about to try manjaro next but this works fine. I just put KDE on it.

anyone know how to skip the bootup for cloverOS and just go to the desktop?

Attached: Screenshot_20180819_172912.png (864x1090, 199K)

some of us have jobs

you probably make 1/10th of what I do so I don't understand why someone as poor as you wouldn't use something that is free

going to try clover os. have not much experience, to get the graphics side working what do i need?

cloverOS is retard easy, it is an installation script it is the easiest operating system to install that has ever been made (no meme)
you literally click hit "yes yes yes yes"
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros

also at 3.8 1.4 volts it stays on the 30-50. my igpu is running at 1575mhz at 1.225 volts and ram at 3000mhz

>download iso
>dd to flash drive
>boot up
>next next next next
>reboot TAKE OUT USB DRIVE
>boot up
>select desktop environment or window manager
>done

just use a debian testing iso

ive heard linux isnt that compatible with ryz 2200g so it needs new linux kernal update and mesa which i dont know how to do nornhow they work

just learn to read

cloverOS works fine.. as stated multiple times in this thread, everything is bleeding edge, including the kernel

Nice user enjoy
BTW are you happy with the performance?

>Jow Forums btfo every other distro
REDHAT BTFO
CANONICAL BTFO
DEBIAN BTFO
POTTERING BTFO
REDMOND BTFO
VOLKERDING BTFO
ARCHFAGS BTFO
OPENSUSE BTFO
APPLE BTFO

I mean I haven't done much but I have no complaints at all for the 2200G
this mini itx will be going in the office for office work, I'm sure it'll be near idle most of it's life.. we almost got an intel NUC but they're the same price / more expensive with 1/4th the performance lol

>>only OS that boots without crashing

Go run memtest on it

already did, dumbfuck
look up raven ridge issues on linux. Nothing debian based has an ISO with a kernel new enough to even run it.

with iGPU I mean..

You clearly didn't do it right
what happened during installation?

>this retard can't use google

How is the graphics performance? Try any games in wine?

What happened retard?
Are you actually going to use some fucked up meme gentoo config as your OS? At least install it on your own and configure it properly

Windows installer doesn't sound like a very fun job, but I guess it beats doing customer service for a tech chain.

>mad as fuck his shitty distro doesn't work for bleeding edge

I'm not mad you monkey, I'm wondering what happened because I'm interested in the ryzen G myself.
testing comes with 4.16 at least so there should be any problems

>barely got it installed
>been busy doing other things as mentioned while getting it setup simultaneously
>office computer also as mentioned

oh yea buddy I've done like every game made already!

it just booted to black screen, idc enough to troubleshoot shit that doesn't work out of the box, honestly

You seem to have a B350 motherboard with a 2nd gen Ryzen
Did you update your bios before doing anything?

lets say i decide to go with clover os on my 2200g. as a noob idk how to do amything on linus so lets say i want to install firefox, how do i preoceed to do so? also how do i install my de?

yes
and updating bios wouldn't magically make other OS's with outdated kernels work.

Double click the firefox icon on your desktop that comes with default cloverOS

if it somehow didn't come you just type 'emerge firefox'

ik it comes with it but i just wanted to use it as an example on how to install a program..... fine hm how about idk gimp or a program not pre installed

gimp also installed :^)
libreoffice isn't there by default
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LibreOffice
emerge app-office/libreoffice

that all is kinda irrelevant you can just use the porthole program and search and double click w/e program you want.

I'm testing manjaro testing right now. it's cloning to my flash drive. if it works it might be easier for you to use since it's dev team has more than 1 person on it rofl

what ablut something like svp?
are you op? if not hmm are you using a ry 2200g? tell me how it goes if so

Nope, manjaro and manjaro testing both boot to black screen
kek

Yea I'm OP.
Both Manjaros don't boot on 2200G from their default ISO
literally only cloverOS works, and I'm not gonna fuck with gentoo since cloverOS is basically just an install script for gentoo.. it works

idk anything about SVP looks like it only require MPV though

ill have to try it my self later on then. did you try manjaros latest beta or its current stable version? maybe if you try the lateat beta itll work

The Gigabyte mobos suck for Linux.

>Cute
>Litte
>That 11.5 litre monstrosity

both as I said, twice.
>both manjaros
>testing manjaro testing
>manjaro and manjaro testing

To clarify again, majaro 18 and 17 both didn't work at all for me. They are black screen upon boot. Not even able to boot the live distro or installer...
sad

wow mean, it's far smaller than most itx cases

You're either making the usbs wrong, don't have your boot shit setup right in bios or both.

Have you tried windows?

Attached: 1532934666995.png (819x716, 563K)

i also bought a ryzen computer but kept the case from my previous high-end rig. basicaly consists of this now

PSU: 16€~ Enermax Pro-82+II
CPU 83€~ Ryzen 2200G
Case 170€~ Inwin 805
Mainboard 45€~ Asus Prime B350 Plus
Ram 60€~ Gskill F4-2400C15D-8GNT Memory D4 2400 8GB C15 NT K2 2 x 4GB, 1,2V
m.2 120€~ Samsung 950 250GGB

Total: 500€~

waiting for next gen ryzen apus with even stronger performance till i upgrade

forgot pic

Attached: 20180812_103154.jpg (2016x1512, 832K)

>retard can't fucking boot off a usb
>is also a cunt
big surprise there

>Screenshot_20180803-231357.png
what did he mean by this?

you're really fucking stupid aren't you?
When it loads to "pick your OS, manjaro etc" how can the usb be made wrong, you fucking retard.
THEY'RE ALL KNOWN TO HAVE FUCKING ISSUES WITH RYZEN RAVEN RIDGE, LOOK AT THEIR FORUMS DUMBASS

my usb boots work fine, what about them?

raven ridge is fully supported as of 4.17.3, which current testing installers have

the pic i had taken was too big to post on this site so by screenshoting i was able to reduce it.

why does it boot to black screen then?

dd if=manjaro-kde-18.0-beta-5-testing-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=1M status=progress && sync

doubt you know how to use dd, so that info is worthless to you...

Check the kernel version that the installer is using moron. It needs to be 4.17 or over
Also it's really cute that you're trying to act elitist when you're literally just using what's written on the arch page. you don't need to sync
what a fucking cunt.

what arch page? That's the same command I've used for years to write usb flash, idiot..
yes you do, my flash drives will finish far before the data is written fully.
my god you are stupid
also what do I care what their kernel is? I can't magically put it on my usb from their ISO. THat's their problem it doesn't work. Literally the entire point of the thread.

>also what do I care what their kernel is? I can't magically put it on my usb from their ISO. THat's their problem it doesn't work. Literally the entire point of the thread.
Yeah, and I'm the stupid one lmao

topkek this thread is great
really shows how fucking stupid summerfags are, can't even read shit.

If I'm compiling my own kernel, from a different computer, before loading to USB, what's the point in using your garbage OS instead of gentoo?
This is why your OS doesn't work, and why it's shit.
Fix it or fuck off. Not my issue to fix.

>being this brainlet

op are you using rufus to make the bootable manjaro usb? when doing it rufus will tell u that it needs to download something because it currently doesnt have it so it will download it to rufus file or desktop. u gotta move that file to the usb file after its been set up by roofus. the downloaded file by roofus ur gonna have to find the same file in ur manjaro usb and replace the alredy file there with the one roofus downloaded, i think its a boot file i dont remember. just added. sorry for the messy explanaition but im tired

cloveros uses a prebuilt kernel

>When you create a USB boot drive or DVD boot disk from an iso file, you get a live operating system that uses the 'built-in' linux kernel that comes from the iso file. It is not possible to make such a system boot with another kernel.
>You may think of a persistent live system. It is possible to install and use various application program packages, but the kernel is started before the system for persistence is activated, so it is not possible to make it use a kernel that is installed afterwards.
quoting stackoverflow since you can only talk out of your ass

>2200g
>single channel ram
kek

yea, at least it's updated
roofus.tools/
looks pretty cool, might get it for wood working
Manjaro is irrelevant since it is based on arch and both are shit. Not really worried about getting it working. I'd rather get debian based working, honestly.

just tested windows 10, it doesn't work either LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
gets a driver error immediately and needs install disks

dude wtf then, what are you using to make your bootable devices? ur must likely fucking something up. either ur bios is broken and ryzen/ram isnt stable or u have ur ram in the wrong slot. are you sure ur usb ismt broken or maybe ur mobo is bad or u did move a bios settinga making ur shit unstable. i didnt run into any issue with my 2200g for windows, just made a bootable file with microsofts own tool

why are you posting? my bootable devices have no issues as all of them boot up just fine you dumb fuck.. how would windows popup during the installer with driver issues if the bootable usb didn't work? my god you should try thinking before opening your stupid mouth

>probably put in motherboard disk && has dedicated gpu
stop posting, brainlet.

dude im sorry but all im saying ia that your doing aomething wrong sorry if i sounded disrespectful, hopefully u find out whats going on.

Attached: 6332962.jpg (610x640, 43K)

downlaod driverse from motherboard page

>I'm retarded your USB is wrong!

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-19-22-20-59.png (1080x1920, 1.73M)

lol look at this fucking brainlet
take your 'dude' shit back to feddit boards.

Gentoo works fine, not sure why I have to "find out what's wrong" nothing is wrong. I'm laughing at how pathetic other operating systems are..

okai....... good bye

please mean "good bye" as in you're taking your own life.. not just leaving
you're too stupid to live, honestly.

Ubuntu vanilla lts worked for me, installed and then upgraded kernel to 4.17.

You got a GPU?

2400g. Use Vanilla Ubuntu only, but I think overall Ubuntu will work better on ryzen Apu once 18.10 is out.

You got a GPU?

You can be happy. I put thousands into my build and it still doesn't work. In the meanwhile my cheapened out 1700+480 build runs flawless on a 30 € PSU.

Attached: DSC_0030.jpg (3840x2160, 2.56M)

Lol my ryzen 1800X build has worked flawlessly since day 1. Just surprised to see how poor the raven ridge support is.

I wonder too, my other PC is a Ryzen 1700 with a B350 60 € board and shitty Micron RAM I used on my X99 platform before, together with a Corsair CX500M I got very cheap some years ago. My main rig consists only of the best and most expensive parts and all was bought new.

disable secureboot

Attached: 1514265261870.jpg (492x419, 58K)

I like little minimalistic things in almost all circumstances, but PC cases are the one exception to this. I like to have a lot of room put things in and take things out. I've had a Mini-ITX computer before and it's a pain in the ass. I want the largest PC case you can buy.

I know you're memeing because that doesn't even matter at all.
lol, I didn't have issues with this one

If there is a way to install apt on Clover OS then I will immediately switch to it. I want a reliable repository/installer for binaries along portage.

Attached: gentoo-3d.png (1873x1917, 1.06M)

yea gentoo installer is pretty limited, their ebuild doesn't work for a lot of shit as well. compiling seems to be harder as half the deps don't work
not sure why people say it's really easy to do stuff.. I mean big programs like firefox etc work. I guess they just use it as a facebook machine.

you're clearly not worthy of the sg13

>cries because my wire management of sg13 is 30 times better than anyone elses
Why are you so upset, couldn't install gentoo?

ALL HAIL CLOVER OS
Jow ForumsNU Jow ForumsENTOO

Attached: adult Yotsuba on clover os wallpaper.png (4454x2784, 2.35M)

amen
never used it before this thread, but it sure does actually fucking boot unlike everything else :^)

I'm not sure we'lll see tangible gains with APUs until we either switch to DDR5 or memory is baked onto the APU itself.

>ryzen 2200G
Thank god didn't buy that pile of shit then

WTF is wrong with your camera lens?

>playing make believein the midst of seething
fucking pathetic