Have you accepted CRTs back into your life yet?

Have you accepted CRTs back into your life yet?
Why not?

Attached: image.jpg (3662x2744, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eGslweDOihs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you on about? There hasn't been a single moment in my life where there wasn't at least one CRT in my house.

Attached: 1527370392853.jpg (4592x3056, 2.53M)

they make a loud whining sound so i cant stand to have them turned on, and when theyre off i can see my uncute beardy face in the screen so my crt is in the corner facing the wall

I use a PVM 20L5 to play all my retro consoles plus gen 6 consoles

The first statement is only true of crappy 15KHz garbage, like
(Which should fuck off back to /vr/, by the way)
PC monitors don't have this issue.

>no 1080p

You can't see the difference between 480i and 1080p

I’m sensitive to that godforsaken high pitched whine it makes

I have the prettiest CRT that I decorated for taking to Melee tournaments, now I have it in my room as a memento and sometimes I watch my Goldfinger and Iron Giant VHS tapes for nostalgia.

>why don’t you guys use a CRT?
>I do
>well fuck off for not using my specific CRT
Rude tBh

This looks very comfy, except for the apple crap

The 20L5 goes up to 45 kHz, retard.

Not OP, either you got some really good ears or that CRT you described was going to die, assuming the high pitch sound didn't stop after powering on.

I'm not OP.
>My specific CRT
No. I said any CRT that isn't 15KHz. Literal millions of those were made, pal.

Btw I sill have two 19 inch and two 17 inch CRT's on my attic, of which I used two of them very recently a lot. I love them. But I need a second desk for them if I want to have them in my living room

I do have really good ears. Its a curse. I’m so sound sensitive that i might as well be autistic. I keep my TV on volume 10 (out of 100) and keep my radio off when driving. Anyway CRTs made me hate tvs and computers until flat screens came out then i was hooked.

They make a high frequency noise that I can't unheard. I really can't stand it.

garbage

flicker flicker flicker

Attached: interlace.gif (640x360, 855K)

I can only hear it when it's turning on. shit you must have insane ears brother.

But seriously, they weigh a million pounds and are fucking 4:3.

Give me horizontal space.

Attached: John_Carmack_programming_Quake_on_a_Sillicon_Graphics_Integraph_InterView_28hd96.jpg (468x332, 41K)

no no according to OP only televisions have flyback transformers so you must be imagining it

I've always heard the high pitched whine crts make. Its hard to go back to listening to that shit after years of not doing so.

B-but it's all PowerPC! The iMac has been gutted and turned into a display!
Actual autist (not quite, assburgers) here. I do agree, it appears to be a curse at first. But let me tell you, I started losing hearing on my right ear (migraines are killing my auditory nerve) and I feel like I've lost my eyesight sometimes. It's absolutely awful not being able to tell things you used to by ear. Pic is a hearing test I had recently. Just kill me.
>and computers
Computer monitors don't make that noise, unless you're using a CGA display or something, which scans at 15KHz.

Attached: FJIMG_20180711_091608.jpg (2560x1440, 885K)

I told you I'm not OP
And the reason computer monitors don't make the noise is because the switching frequency of their flybacks is way beyond the human range of hearing, while TVs sit comfortably in one of the most annoying regions of it.

The 20L5 is multiformat. You just talked out of your ass and wanted to throw an autistic shitfit the moment somebody mentioned a “tv” monitor, so you jumped to a conclusion without doing even two seconds of research.
Good job on playing yourself.

And that's a good thing. I'll do my research next time. I apologize for my idiocy.

You have superhuman ears if you can hear 31kHz+

(ps you don't)

Every monitor I used had that buzzing. I wish I had CRT for color accuracy though. And the flickering hurts my eyes compared to LCD.

>flat screens

Attached: actual_flat_screen.jpg (480x549, 36K)

>I wish I had CRT for color accuracy though
CRTs are not color accurate displays by any metric.

Someone is insecure.

No.
Loud beeping noise emitting from every CRT TV makes me want to smash them with a brick. I can't be in the same room as a CRT.
As for monitors, no because cancer.

Just for melee and animal crossing.

gay

they exist

whats up with the CRT shilling fucking go away

How do I get my computer or raspberry pi to output a 240p signal?

sad bro

A bunch of fedora-tipping pasty basement dwellers

Are Sony trinitrons still worth using today for retro gaming?

Enjoy your cancer

mm me

Wouldn't these 16:9 CRT's sell like hotcakes of they were sold today? They went for around 10k in the 90s IIRC, back when 4:3 was still the standard. I'd buy one if it were under 1k.

High end IPS have more benefits than downsides compared to CRTs. I still use CRTs to this day.

Yes, but only until high-DPI microled monitors truly replace them.
2048x1536 CRTs exist. That's more resolution than 1080p but still vastly inferior to 4K.

Even cheapo CRT monitors can display 1080P, retard.

Nope. Your average trash-picked CRT tops out at 1280x1024.

I miss my old CRT but had to drop it once I upgraded my GPU and lost native VGA support.

Your loss, user. Still rockin' a 980ti for that VGA output. Modern games are better played on a console with widescreen TV and 4:3 is superior for web browsing and /vr/.

I couldn't wait to get rid of CRT for good. I have never missed them since. CRTs sometimes even get a distortion in the corners and you have to degauss them and hope it fixes it. With LCD the pixels are always where they are supposed to be, no exceptions. Also with CRTs it felt like they are stressing my eyes more than LCD. They were also big and heavy and I broke one going to LAN party just by moving it in a car from home to friend's home. No hits or shocks, it just never worked after trying to power it on. So the technology there isn't even more durable.

Good thing that they are a thing of the past and I have 1440p, 144Hz, 27", Freesync IPS currently. Much easier to move around and much better image quality.

Attached: 1274474073145.jpg (424x424, 104K)

what are the most affordable high res crts?

>eye cancer and brain tumors
>shit resolution
>half a meter depth
>can't pivot
>deprecated
idk why I don't hate myself this much yet

don't want eye cancer from staring at blurry shit

Attached: soyboy 4.jpg (2125x1573, 343K)

shit quality. that's why. After experiencing 1080p widescreens, crts are unwatchable

Attached: 1534459238885.jpg (1280x1920, 261K)

Don't they use a lot of power?

Wow that looks so comfy

sakura is so fucking hot

maybe if it doesn't shoot up the power bill

CRT weigh a ton and take gorillion of space, sure they won't.

Yes, yes I have.

youtube.com/watch?v=eGslweDOihs

Celebration.

Attached: 2c12a563982b58d02a4ba2685188b80b.gif (400x300, 742K)

I'd get a LaCie Electron Blue 22 CRT if I could find a decent one. They were great for photo editing.

What's the monitor in OP pic?

Jow Forums is full of fucking boomers and le wrong generation kids, it's no surprise.

Attached: 11c.png (403x347, 72K)

Awesome! What is this train set?

I've been able to get most random CRTs I've tried to do 1600x1200, but at 60 Hz and it looks blurry.