Hey Jow Forums, do you guys ever write something you think is really cool, but then realize no one will ever use it...

Hey Jow Forums, do you guys ever write something you think is really cool, but then realize no one will ever use it? I'm curious to see some of Jow Forumss projects that you think are neat, but no one really cares about. Are code hipsters a thing? I wrote a jQuery plugin. It adds an autosuggest list to a textbox. I was irritated that the jquery ui autocomplete plugin doesn't allow you to have access to the whole json object in the list during events, so I created my own. If you want to check it out: github.com/sayelr/AutoSuggestList. The live demo I made is probably cooler than the plugin itself. Share your pride and joy projects with me.

Attached: gh.jpg (480x320, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cloudnaut/HFFDC/
github.com/wewladfaggot/wewlad
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-Webm
github.com/c475/NoRefer
github.com/snayrouz/namethatfood
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I implemented a delta copy tool for super big files. Designed for backups on slow external hard drives or over slow network connections.

I'll use it, so at least one person really needs it
github.com/Cloudnaut/HFFDC/

that's pretty cool user, I like it. I wish I knew more about those kinds of utilities.

>jquery
Lol

Every time it happens I get more angry with the people. Like, I'm wasting whole days of my time to help some group of people and they don't give a fuck. My only confort at night is that I'm impriving my skillls with each project.
Good luck with your tool!

jQuery is on its way out. Why would you spend time developing a plugin for it?

Does this work better than rsync?

I wrote this and I think it's quite cool.
github.com/wewladfaggot/wewlad

Attached: Baba21.jpg (960x720, 121K)

So what is being replaced with?
t.Boomer

Vanilla ES6 Javascript

I've heard that. I don't really know, i'm an inexperienced developer. It's still being used by a billion websites though. I've never written a plugin or module for anything before. It was mostly to learn.

I wrote a bash script to create webms within a certain file size limit via ffmpeg, no prior experience or additional user input required. Video bitrate, audio bitrate, resolution, etc. all gets set based on the file size limit and video length.
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-Webm

Attached: Samsung Sound Demo - Blu-ray Disc _ HD 1080p.webm (534x300, 2.97M)

I wrote a full stack to track Jow Forums boards and alert if something is happening

Like it alerts you if certain phrases are used or something?

does it say "it's happening!" ?
nice, I enjoy stuff like this if you want to do something automatically without having to know too much, since I often don't.

nope it fits the activity as a gaussian time series and alerts when an arbitrary sigma level of activity event happens

>arbitrary
the best kind of bitrary

I made a pretty handy chrome extension to modify HTTP headers: github.com/c475/NoRefer

I use it all the time personally. You can use it to bust paywalls, and accidentally hack web applications (has happened more than once), spoofing User-Agent, or just not send the Referer header. I know a few other people seem to like it. Just noticed I got a request to add per-domain rules which I'll probably do soon.

Useful, but here's a suggestion you could add.

Have profiles you can quickly access defined in the config file. Some defaults that set the limits for Jow Forums boards (3mb no audio), /wsg/ (4mb 48kbps audio) and infinity (8mb audio).

You already outlined them in the Readme, why not add them as shortcuts for encoding?

I wrote an app that uses machine learning to identify the food your eating: github.com/snayrouz/namethatfood

hmmm