/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old school cool edition.

Previous thread: What are you working on Jow Forums?

Attached: code_master.png (1164x1738, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/lucy/tewi-font
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C# fags will defend this

Attached: csharpcucks.jpg (1024x997, 129K)

Higher dimensional automata

Anal. I mean reading incel IA64 manuals..

Higher dimensional autismmata

How to get rich with python

Rate my tornado, /dpt/

Attached: tornado.png (724x358, 13K)

If I learn all the C languages would I be able to fuck Iori in the ass

that shit is wild brother

No Iori is pure and a qt. She would never do that.

No one will defend mono

I think that's a Unity problem.

Anons, there's no /sqt/ and this is the closest applicable place to ask.
Most of the projects I have worked on historically have been very small, self contained things, but I am tending towards a couple of more ambitious things (still solo).
What tools or methodology do you recommend for organization in development? Anything I find is aimed at small to large teams, and I'm not currently working with anyone else.
Should I just whiteboard what I'm thinking or some other physical, malleable way to do it, or are there any individual-focused tools that you can't live without and I should look into.

tl;dr organizational tool recommendations for solo development

Probably

Attached: 3-Figure3-1[1].png (572x332, 22K)

okay so in C, how is & different from *
and then why the fuck do you just drop them all together and use -> when using structures?

Attached: 1534615640070.png (1000x900, 499K)

How to deal with neck pain Jow Forumsuys? Can I get a brace or something that holds my head up so my neck doesn't get sore?

build a true AI waifu program

Attached: 88b.gif (446x500, 1.79M)

go lift

>applying SerializableAttribute to a complex type without implementing ISerializable
If you're not going to use the language correctly any language sucks

which font is that?

& gets the address of a value, * gets the value at an address, -> lets you do some_struct->another_struct->field instead of (*(*some_struct).nested_struct).field

>how is & different from *
lol

In C, & is only used to get the address of a variable(a pointer to it) because there are no references in C.

told you they'd defend it

Attached: 1493329201970.jpg (540x810, 55K)

github.com/lucy/tewi-font
pretty cute imo

Attached: 1331770066225.png (1190x906, 178K)

not her(him)-> but (you) sir are a seething pajeet

>nggghhh feet
&variable returns the address of variable
*pointer accesses the variable contained in pointer

You call that a tornado? Ha. How long have you spent working on that, scrub? You don't even have the right output. You didn't even put it inside a module or function

Now THIS is a tornado
export function rotate(str: string) {
return str.substr(1) + str[0];
}

export function tornado(str: string) {
let length: number = str.length;
let arr: string[] = Array(length);

for(let i = 0; i < length; i++) {
arr[i] = str;

str = rotate(str)
}

return arr.join('\n');
}

// Hello, world!
// ello, world! H
// llo, world! He
// lo, world! Hel
// o, world! Hell
// , world! Hello
// world! Hello,
// world! Hello,
// orld! Hello, w
// rld! Hello, wo
// ld! Hello, wor
// d! Hello, worl
// ! Hello, world
// Hello, world!

hmm...
it still sounds to me like they do the exact same thing practically?

sorry i live in australia and our tornados spin counter clockwise here

nah, I was referring to that you have a letter missing. look at the third line for yours. You don't have a D

No, in fact they do the exact opposite.
&(*pointer) equals pointer, assuming it is not NULL.
>&x: "tell me where x is located (its address)"
>*x: "let me access to the variable whose location in memory is contained in x"

is
data.member

equivalent to
&data->member

?

What language is the most absolutely blazing super fast speedy ultra super duper top #1 performance king?

C

C++

fabricating your own ASIC

machine language

assembly

I gottchu now. Still unsure of how I'm about to use it practice.

Does this work the same in c++?

Java is super fast, most of the times even faster than C/C++

No, &data->member takes the address of the member "member" that you would get by dereferencing the ptr "data".

Try reading, you fucking mong. It's not hard.

It still works the same way (because muh backwards compatibility), however it's highly discouraged, in C++, to use ""raw pointers"" and instead use ""smart pointers"" if you really need a pointer, otherwise just use a reference:
#include
int main()
{
int number = 89;
std::printf("%d and its address is %p\n",number,&number);
int& alias = number;
std::printf("%d and its address is %p\n",alias,&alias);
return 0;
}

note how the & is now beside the type and not in front of the variable you want to refer to.
References are just better though, so you should always prefer them over raw pointers where possible.
If you are in the same function scope, references are just aliases while if you pass them to functions they act like pointers, however you don't need to use the de-reference operator * to access the value ""they point to"" and just act as the original value.

Yea, except C++ adds lvalue references and rvalue references

So in C++ you can have:

int value;
int *ptr;
int &lref;
int &&rref;

Rate Python on a scale of 1-100

Why the hell is Oracle hell bent on killing Java for desktop ?

-jar files rarely will execute without manual launch from command line
-java web start is depreciated
-javaFX is depreciated

come the release of java 11 in September your desktop applications are not going to run which were totally fine just a year or 2 ago, let alone any legacy software you are still using. And there is no replacement being offered. Utterly ridiculous.

this
hunchbacks and neck pain, caused by poor posture, are caused by an imbalance in your muscle mass.
Your back muscles are weak compared to your chest muscles, resulting in an imbalanced pull.

Having said that, jumping straight into muscle training will probably only make things worse. You need to actively fix your posture and do stretches.

I want to test my c# and visual studio abilities, what should i program?

can you program me a girlfriend

Perhaps start out with something simple and easy like an operating system kernel or JIT compiler, then move onto something more hardcore like javascript webapp

Nobody can do that, user

Theres like 22 of us here right now surely we can think of something

If you don't know who this man is, you are a codemonkey pleb.

Attached: Say My Name.gif (490x639, 281K)

I'll make the logo!

Literally the most intelligent man who ever lived. If the Chinese had his DNA we'd have thousands of clones of him and the world would be a better place.

Attached: x24.jpg (1146x1650, 383K)

Is it going to be pink?

I'm learning C, it's my first language but I'm not too far into it.
I'm interested in learning a second language already, would learning two languages at once be too much?

Attached: DigKH4XUYAAMMmO.jpg (680x499, 44K)

Most of the C family are all pretty much the same so you should be fine. C#, Java, Rust, etc, will all be easy to pick up while you're learning C.

Learn C++ at the same time.

i fixed my makefile, and made a smaller example makefile to reproduce the crash.
can anyone else confirm.

i would try with the most recent version of make on its git too, but that requires automake v16.1 to build and arch is still at 15.1 and i cant be bothered.
.SECONDEXPANSION:
foo:-lcat
# removing second expansion prevents segfault
foo: [email protected]
@echo $@: $^
%.o:
@echo $@: $^
# Removing command prevents segfault
-l%: lib%.a
@true
# Removing touch $@ prevents segfault
# libcat.a existing prevents segfault
libcat.a:
@touch $@; echo $@: $^

after going through the debugger it looks like a null pointer string made its way into the hashtable.

Why would he learn something that is so similar?

Learn something functional, so that you have the imperative and the functional idioms covered. It'll make you a better programmer in the end.

There's no reason to learn anything except those languages I listed. Functional programming languages are all memes that no one writes real software in. Interpreted languages are slow and useless.

If you learn C and Rust or Golang or C++ you'll have all your bases covered.

>Most of the C family are all pretty much the same so you should be fine

Attached: HLG.gif (228x160, 194K)

What do you mean? Like the word is an n-dimensional grid? Got any papers/books that discuss the subject?

Heavens, man! One should insist upon exclusively functional programming when first learning the craft. Learning C as a first language is folly. A rigorous foundation is essential!

Hungarian jew with a german name that became an american somewhere down the road.

Attached: 1534120582612.png (1000x1000, 742K)

& is the binary AND operator, * is multiplication. You can use either if you're only working with 1s and 0s.

Might as well use c if you want arcane behaviour

>Oracle killing Java UI
>somehow that is a bad thing
I, too, love electron tier memory usage and shit like pic related

Attached: PAJEEET!.jpg (1338x325, 60K)

Sup /dpt/,

After all the times I've been discriminated against, each time more blatant than the last, I've come to the conclusion that the United States of America is nothing more than a country full of fascist barbarians, or as Trump would say a "s---hole".

Are there any countries like Canada or New Zealand, or maybe even China that aren't like this?

Your post does not appear on the face of it to have the slightest thing to do with programming.

is Serial Experiments Lain actually a good anime worth watching for programmers

Asking for a friend.

its bad because there is limited options to fill the void:
-QT
-Python
-Electron

not exactly a robust selection for multi-platform desktop application development.

is that simple?

You won't learn programming from it, if that's what you're asking.

what language should I learn if I want to program video games like call of duty?

Common Lisp

i already know how to program and have a CS degree

i just want to know if it's good in the eyes of /dpt/

i am incapable of forming my own opinions on things

trips of truth

Worrying about windows compatibility doesn't make sense because now they officially ship WSL. To be honest I no longer maintain any of windows versions/tickets on my 2 projects on GH. I just reference them to WSL. I cannot deal with windows' idiosyncrasies.

ive been playing a lot of doki doki literature club..I'm bad at programming bur how hard is it to learn how to make a basic visual novel?

Attached: 1534733776420.jpg (614x767, 76K)

Why ask /dpt/? Why not /a/?

Ironically harder than making a game like Call of Duty because you will need to be able to write well.

Almost done with my terminal image viewer. I have more fun working on toy shit like this than anything else so now I'm fucked looking for work because all I have to show are toys.

Right now it plays gifs at a constant fps ignoring the frame time defined in the gif. Need to add an option for frame time playback.

Has options for scale, sampling (point vs nxn average), gif fps, and a thumbnail mode.

Attached: 2018-08-19-213412_716x455_scrot.png (716x455, 26K)

>asking /a/ for anything
Oh you

I meant the tech side. I'm good at writing so I don't mind that stuff

Download RenPy and see for yourself.

Well I'll tell you that I enjoyed it but I don't think it's the best thing I've ever seen. I can't speak for the other inhabitants of /dpt/, you'll have to ask them.

Yes, and you might learn a thing or two from it

c or c++
the user who mentioned lisp is joking
also go to the agdg on /vg/

Are you talking about *that* episode?

I wasn't joking. Graphically intensive games like Call of Duty require top performance, and Common Lisp can beat C in that domain.

How hard would it be to program me a Moni?

Attached: IMG_0690.jpg (347x347, 46K)

ignore these posts