Is it worth installing this vs windows 10?

is it worth installing this vs windows 10?

Attached: 20170217093410_scdk.jpg (500x700, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053711/high-cpu-use-by-taskhost-exe-when-windows-8-1-user-name-contains-user
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Resources - yes
UI - No

Are you autistic or a normal person?

If you're autistic that is /x/-tier paranoid then go for Windows 8.1 like a retard.

Less botnet built in. Lets you use WIndows Store apps. It's unironically and literally the midpoint between the amazing Windows 7 and botnet of Windows 10. Use Classic Start and it's a great upgrade from Windows 7.

Windows 7 has perfect compatibility with every app and can easily stop microsoft's checkins with startup apps that disable updates/telemetry/search engine fuckery
Windows 8 has weird bugs and problems with game default directories. Laggier UI with no benefit to productivity and more bloat. Exactly as vulnerable as Windows 7 at this time. Maybe in 2020 it will be the last bastion of man? Every office I worked at still uses 7 and can't stand 10 or 8 lag.

maybe if your a gamer and don't like some features of win10. last performance jump I noticed was win8.1 my bf4 fps doubled or tripled when looking at the sky compared to win8. I think it included the xboxone improvments to directX and ported them to pc.

Windows 10 comes with directx 12, that's the reason.

installing win7 is a pain today, some hardware is not compatible anymore and you always have missing drivers after install. Win 8.1 is much more compatible, and after spending 2 minutes changing some GUI configs and installing Classic Shell you'll have pretty much the same /comfy/ interface of 7.

This. 8.1 is a slightly snappier 7 once you set it up. It's a shame people are sleeping on it.

install wine

Use windows 8.0

Windows 10 is great unless you're a jobless neet

best advice here. /thread

Yes. 7 is obsolete, but 8.1 is the optimum.
The UI in 10 is way worse. I wonder why retards have problems to use the start menu, you can edit your desired programs into it.
This. I've run it on 2 GB RAM machines and it runs better than Vista. 10 runs shitty even on a 16 GB B-Die Ryzen.
But DX12 is irrelevant. If 8 ever becomes obsolete I'll crack me one of these Enterprise LTSB versions but I hope this day never comes. I would prefer running DX11 under Antergos.

install XP x64

Use Windows 7 if you need Windows.

I use Windows 8.1 Pro since 2015 on my Desktop. I use a lot of 3D software and also like to game.

Attached: this thread.png (1200x901, 115K)

windows 8 runs like aboslute ass and windows 10 has new window functions that will save your fucking life when u work on literally anything

Eh i went straight to the fifth stage and installed 10 LTSB.
No cortana, ads, meme "appz", forced updates, """feature""" updates and has support until 2026.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053711/high-cpu-use-by-taskhost-exe-when-windows-8-1-user-name-contains-user

From

Install Windows NT 4.0

Really you should just stay with whatever version came with your computer because why go through the hassle.
I use 8.1 on my laptop and its fine. 10 enterprise 2016 ltsb is fine too, its the only version of 10 I've used so regular 10 idk. You can always remove/disable stuff from normal 10.

Is there a permanent activation method for Win LTSB?

As opposed to an employed NEET?
Lern speaky Engly, fool

does it even matter when you're getting all of them for free?

Can I simply download win10 LTSB from Microsofts and use my win10 pro code for it

>DX11 under Antergos
AHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Agreed, it's definitely quicker hardware wise with my built in intel igp than using 7 (you feel it using web browsing), I did read the dwm got optimised a bit in 8.

ms toolkit works for me

but i don't wanna use shitty gibs/medat :'(

you want to do what
windows 10 is bad enough

why do they keep posting about old, failed OSs here - reporting about the windows 10, as if it's valid as if any of their infastructure went anywhere

because they're still flailing round, looking for some solution, the 'windows users' (hordes of them still on '7'). microshit never provided anything - they did not improve on a basic, shoddy GUI subsystem. Why? because they took he impression of the xerox office suite without any of the underlying tools/methods approach (in that they had to invent things to invent the GUI); things that gates etc were incapable of implementing.