What's the benefit of having a pen on a smartphone?

What's the benefit of having a pen on a smartphone?

Attached: 01_S_Pen_infographic_0808-EN.jpg (2080x3482, 2.15M)

PenS would have been a better name

you could plug it in your urethra

Your own picture explains some of the things it's useful for.

Except for very specific and rare use cases, absolutely nothing.

It's just another one of Samsung's bullshit and overpriced gimmicks. Plus the majority of those very specific and rare use cases can just use a standard capacitive stylus.

>pen
Toothpick

Pen 15 XDDDDDDD

If you draw or design for a living it's a very good thing to have, otherwise just get the S9 or literally any other phone on the market.

Nah. Everybody would be calling tech support because they didn't get their second pen.

Samshit gimmick number 3541587

Nobody is going to draw or design on a tiny cell phone.

Benis D

they do

Also i need minimum 3 usb ports on my phone!

I have a Note 5 and probably the best feature of the Spen is being able to pull the Spen out while the phone is off, and immediately be able to jot down and save notes, likes its a regular pad and paper. It's worth it just for the feature alone.

If you're into sketching, the pen is great. I've also used the pen making Tasker projects requiring me to move around a ton of text boxes. The pen made it easier to work with.

Attached: spen.png (649x502, 387K)

its good for when youre out somewhere and want to do a quick doodle. also for snapchat

Oh, one other thing, if you're into making custom themes, widgets, or other stuff that you need to precisely move objects around, then the Spen is a fucking must have, It makes moving shit around far more easier than using your finger.

So you'll look like old woman that doesn't like touchscreens so everyone will want to fuck you since GILFs are really sexy.

you can tell other people you have a pen

It's smart they made the pen yellow this time around. It'a a fucking bitch trying to find the grey colored pens in a dimly lit room.

You can draw dick pics all day long.

powered by a super cap? so it should be charged in a few secs or

When I had a Note I didn't use my pen at all really and when I did the top part eventually broke off and sprung away because I guess the adhesive there wasn't good enough. So then it became a chore of making sure not to touch the pen and if I did i had to be very careful and usually go hunting for where it launched the end part/spring.

Yeah. Who the fuck is going to draw in a tiny little space? That's retarded.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 1.29.52 AM.png (880x750, 252K)

Phone resolutions have gotten high enough to be reasonably used as a sketch/notepad, but the finger as a stylus lacks the precision for that. And additional tech can be built in to make it more than just a pointy stick to hit targets like they did on old resistive screens.

And I say this as a lifelong iThing user. Samsung has found something that is actually not bad or just chasing after Apple. I look forward to seeing where they take the S Pen.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

you use it as a mouse, not to scribble shit on your phone

That is one ugly ad.

I kind of wish that apple would take some notes from Samsung in regards to the Apple Pencil. I know that it's a different kind of product, but it just looks so cumbersome to use

Pen/stylus are useless in smartphones because screen are too small for draw or write and any Samsung device lack of any optical character reader (OCR) software

one of the main failures of touch-ui pocket computers is the lack of RIGHT CLICK, and click and drag, both requiring a second of long press, this kills any sort of agility when doing lots of tasks.
no fucking wonder mac desktop users throughout the years have always been ignorant, how could they even experience all advanced uses for a personal computer if cant even open a context menu singlehanded without reaching for any keyboard button...

using smartphones for anything but basic shit feels so frustrating, im assblasted and amazed at how its possible that major designers havent adressed this shit, with a modifier button alongside volume, and even when youre speficically using a fucking accessory like a pen, they dont think to include TWO fucking buttons

Attached: hlp_right_click.png (370x195, 37K)

>batteries
>on a pen

Attached: 1534564344172.gif (255x231, 112K)

You can be a ge-ge-ge-ge-gegege-genius.

It's good for basic brainstorming kind of stuff. I work in motorsports and it's a really handy way to sketch up a part design, especially when I just want to show the other guys I work with what I'm thinking or whatever. It's also a really handy way to quickly jot things down when doing stuff like taking measurements of a production car (and often its driver) for a rollcage build, much quicker and easier than typing.

The pen functionality won't work if it runs out of battery? or is the battery only needed for clicking?