YOUR WORK COMPUTER

Tell me about the computer you have to use at work.

>What are its specs?
>How old is it?
>What do you run on it?
>Is it adequate?
>Other fun facts

Attached: computer stress.jpg (400x248, 85K)

I don't have a job
/thread

>/threading your own post

worse than frogposting, user.

none, i don't work with computers

Thinkpad x240

Some i5
8GB RAM (single channel)
Runs Windows 10
Rather crappily.
Sometimes the display driver or something crashes and I have to wait a second or two to get my desktop back in the screen.

OP here

>What are its specs?
Some Dell with an Intel i3 and 4GB RAM. Windows 7.
>How old is it?
I think four years old, maybe older.
>What do you run on it?
InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Office, browser
>Is it adequate?
Fuck no. You try doing layout in InDesign, edit photos in Photoshop, run Word, run Outlook and use a browser at the same time with only 4GB RAM and a slow as shit processor. While I need to use all of them, I have to pick and choose what I run at time so it doesn't run out of resources.
>Other fun facts
Today was my last day, and I almost went Office Space on the thing. Good fucking riddance.

samefag

2006 mac pro

shitty xeons, buffed up ram and multiple tbs of storage, but still the same fucking gt 7600. Also Osx Lion and office 2008 and InDesign 5. Im not even joking, I work for a publishing house with very bad business...

i5-6500
16 GB RAM
Maybe 2 years old
Windows 10
It's ok. It gets shit done. I once had over 250 open Tabs in Chrome. It took a bit more than 10 GB of RAM.

Thinkpad E560
i5-6200u
16GB dual channel ddr3
250gb ssd

Recently upgraded the work computer from an Athlon X2 to a X4 640 and maxed out the ram to DDR3 1333 2*4GB from the 2*2GB DDR2 800. GPU from a 9800GT to a GT640 2GB

Didn't feel like spending more out of my own pocket. Maybe a cheap chink 120GB SSD to replace the 160GB spinning rust boot drive if I ever feel like it.

T570
Some i5, 8 gigs of ram and a 256gb ssd
Runs kubuntu + windows
It has a terribly useless touchscreen, which barely works on kubuntu. Battery lasts around 8-10h, which I find amazing.
It does its job. I don't need much, a terminal, a web browser, sublime text and, rarely, sqldeveloper. I keep windows because checkpoint vpn won't play nice on linuxm

>Tell me about the computer you have to use at work.
>>What are its specs?
Core 2 Duo, 8GB ram, GTX 710,mint 17.3
>>How old is it?
Bout 8 years I think
>>What do you run on it?
Normal office shit, nothing intensive
>>Is it adequate?
Yes

I do most of my programming work on a ThinkPad x200s with an SSD. I've also got a desktop with a 980Ti with a custom bios and a [email protected].

I work from home so:
>specs
Ryzen 5 1400
RX560 4GB
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
>how old
A few months
>what do you run on it
Visual Studio, GIMP, Unity3D, Office, plus a few other dev tools
>is it adequate
Yeah, I can't complain but I could use a better CPU

I work in an architectural firm, 300 people with 3/4 of them being licensed architects and the other 1/4 are just typical office staff

My work rig is an i7-7820X, 32GB and a Quadro P4000; older rigs have the i7-5930k, 16GB and older 600, 500 series gaming cards with older Quadros scattered in some machines

Render farms are all Xeon and Nvidia Quadro servers

Our company laptops are either Thinkpads or gaming laptops that aren't too tacky and flamboyant, Macbooks too but they only exist in one small department

The firm I work upgrades machines sporadically and sells away older machines at 70-80% discounts, our servers almost moved to AMD but when the big wigs found out that nobody in our industry owned AMD servers and these Quadro servers are going to be useless next to it they just went with Intel again

We also have one Threadripper system and it sucks ass at anything Autodesk

i7-8700 32gb ram, some intel nvme shit drive. it pretty good actually, full os control too. much better than some software joints where they give you a vm to work on. fuck that.

mac pro 2013 model

>What are its specs?
8 core xeon model and dual d500 amd fire pro
>How old is it?
got it in 2014
>What do you run on it?
hosting a couple of our testing vm in virtual box, 'apps'
>Is it adequate?
yep
>Other fun facts
honestly i dont get the flak about mac, yeah its expensive but its still the same fast snappy os 4 years ago

Attached: Mac-Pro-3-Shot.jpg (721x421, 105K)

>Tell me about the computer you have to use at work
A thin client running a Windows 7 VM that runs like absolute shit and all our users keep complaining to me that it's slow as shit too.

As I was typing this someone called to complain that it's slow, epic

Pretty Decent P50 Laptop.

Attached: 2018-07-17_12-54-21.gif (914x452, 19K)

Complete piece of shit govt computer that dies in 1 hour and becomes noncompliant and locks you out if you download the updates required to not become noncompliant and get locked out.

It works, but I wish I could make it work better.

Attached: fetch.jpg (5206x1081, 3.61M)

>What are its specs?
Dell Latitude E6540, i7-4610M, 16GB ram, 500GB SSD
>How old is it?
4-5 years
>What do you run on it?
Windows 10, Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015, SSMS 2014, Oracle SQL developer, MS Office 2016
>Is it adequate?
Yes, wouldn't mind having 32GB ram though, from time to time I will use every bit of the 16GB I currently have
>Other fun facts
Even thought it's a laptop but rarely moves from my desk, I work from home 99.9% of the time.

>40GB RAM
>only 240GB HDD
interesting

2016 macbook pro. I like it

some fucking 4d chess right there mate

Win 8.1 Dell Optiplex 9020
Run rdp and powershell pretty much. Also office suite to make reports sometimes. It is fine.

POS state government dell computer with windows ten. dvd rom drive. All I use it for is just e mail. Used to have windows 7 but then they decided to "upgrade" me to Ten. Shit is locked down, can't install nothing or really do anything other than e-mail or use internet/adobe reader. Which is ok, hey, less work for me. Somebody asks me "hey user can you do this?" I can honestly say, "no I can't" due to the pos computer.

A shitload of WYSE thin clients. They recently “upgraded” to a Citrix on-device OS that’s fucking awful and uses software cursors. Despite being given access to four cores and a completely unknown amount of RAM, I can hardly run anything without waiting for-fucking-ever. I’m a manager in a warehouse for the largest industrial supply company in Burgerland. I need to get out of here. Please help.

Attached: A63FB37B-85D6-49E7-9BDE-8FDC533DF712.jpg (552x640, 31K)

>I need to get out of here. Please help.
Shipping and Receiving managers make good money though

giant HAF case
2x old ass xeons
quadro k4000
16gb ddr3 ram
256 gb kingston ssd + 100gb old ass pci ssd+ 1tb hdd
32 inch dell 1440p monitor

I do graphic design and 3d modelling and animation.

I'd say it's adequate, though my home ryzen pc blows it out of the water easily

Nice try, Chines corporate espionage agent.

2015 MacBook pro. 2.7ghz i5, 8gb's ram. It's my only experience with os x and I can't say I care for it. Not sure why we use MacBooks when any sort of software we use has windows/Linux equivalents

>T520
>16 GB RAM
>500GB SSD
>Ubuntu 16.04
>6 years
Still perfectly fine but my company urges me to buy a new one because the warranty is over. What should i buy?