Is there any reason to own a tablet in 2018?

Is there any reason to own a tablet in 2018?

Attached: 1525491877515.png (600x675, 185K)

maybe if you know you will be living in a van, soon, and you need to pare down your belongings

If you want to take a shit.

Is there any reason NOT to own a tablet in 2018?
>usedul drawing device
>easily portable media consumption device
>comfy web browsing and reading experience

Android tablets are stupid as fuck and so are ios ones. Windows and Linux tablets are where it's at in 2018

windows tablets, nothing more.

honestly, y prefer tablets PC's to laptop's, ios,/android tablets are shit

Attached: Surface_Book_Home_1_HeroFullBleed_V1.jpg (1600x900, 173K)

This used to be a tech board

Can't think off one sans drawing or as additional hardware for Logic.

>easily portable media consumption device
Laptop is better for that.
Phone is better for that.

Windows tablets are more of laptops without keyboards due the shitty OS.

>usedul drawing device

WRONG

The most important thing when you're doing digital art is to reduce input lag as much as possible. That means eliminating overhead by using light, super optimized software designed to run on garbage PCs (SAI) and having a desktop CPU with good single core performance (intel)

I seriously hope that no one who's trying to do digital art wastes their money on a tablet or on any sort of bloated garbage meme software like Photoshop.

Most laptops nowadays are tablets with a keyboard.
So literally, yes you have no other option.

Yes. I owned a tablet in 2015 and still own it.

What tablets did you actually try?

Reading manga/ebook/pdf
Or some college shit, like taking notes and making shit 30min before the class start and you have to deliver it.

Nothing more

>SAI
>good
Doesn't even support HiDPi displays.

>reduce input lag
Literally every Wacom, iPad (that supports the pencil) and Surface Pro has no really noticeable lag.

Just sounds like you haven't used a tablet in 5 years.

k

Attached: 1534139237174.webm (640x480, 1.45M)

>Is there any reason to own a tablet
no

Attached: 1522676954405.jpg (891x763, 167K)

>this webm again
I've used a regular iPad (2018) and an iPad Pro, with a bunch of the best drawing apps for the platform and it doesn't even lag like that.

Attached: 1527725644674.jpg (1249x912, 170K)

>laptop is better for that
Not really, you can't put your laptop easily on a small table, it weighs more and you have to deal with the heavy base that has the keyboard. And you most definitely can't put your music on shuffle, have wireless headphones attached and then put your laptop in your backpack as you walk around, it would go to sleep and break the connection, even with wired headphones this would stop the music.
>phone is better for that
Depends, if you want a bigger screen, and not have to always haul around a huge phablet, or if you want to read a book comfortably, you better pick a tablet.

>you can't put your laptop easily on a small table
yes you can
>it weighs more
are you 6 years old?
>you most definitely can't put your music on shuffle, have wireless headphones attached and then put your laptop in your backpack as you walk around
sure you can

If you can't accept that a tablet is smaller and takes up less space and thus can be put in more places than a laptop, you're retarded.
Can you hold your laptop comfortably in one hand?
And no you can't do the last because x86 cpus are designed to go in full sleep when the lid is closed, which does not allow for audio playback.

>x86 cpus are designed to go in full sleep when the lid is closed
for one, that doesn't even make sense, sleep on lid close has nothing to do with the cpu, and for two, you can disable that behaviour, it's a convenience, not a requirement

Something like a surface pro is good for portability being really light while still being powerful

>can't put your laptop easily on a small table, it weighs more
We're not talking about cumpads but modern laptops. 12" Macbook that's the size of a big tablet doesn't even weight one kilo, and you table has to be REALLY small to cause issues.

Besides, the keyboard base allows you to place it in your bed for example.

>And you most definitely can't put your music on shuffle, have wireless headphones attached and then put your laptop in your backpack as you walk around, it would go to sleep and break the connection, even with wired headphones this would stop the music.
There are work arounds but why? A phone can do this much better.

>or if you want to read a book comfortably, you better pick a tablet.
The smaller screen definitely needs getting used to but once you do, it's very comfy since you can carry it in one hand.

No. Desktop + phone is all you need. Optional is a laptop.

>what are cpu power states
And you'd lose a lot of battery. Impractical at best. This would drain your laptop considerably before you'd get to the place where you want to go. A decent tablet can go on for days.

>you can't put your laptop easily on a small table
what fucking third world country do you live in where this is a problem?
>And you most definitely can't put your music on shuffle, have wireless headphones attached and then put your laptop in your backpack as you walk around, it would go to sleep and break the connection, even with wired headphones this would stop the music.
ever heard of phones?
>or if you want to read a book comfortably, you better pick a tablet.
>falling for the ebook meme
pure fucking cancer back to /b/

A modern laptop has about the same battery time as a modern tablet. The screen tends to be the biggest power hog, so it wouldn't be an issue.

>what are cpu power states
something we're not talking about

portrait 16:10 or 4:3 for reading?

Attached: 1534671354650.png (569x511, 344K)

Honestly if I could program in an iPad well (not just toy programs or games) I would have replaced my laptop already. It’s just a better device for home use.

How is this even a question? More is more.

I don't really think so. I've owned a few Android and IOS tablets over the years, and immediately stopped using any, once I purchased a ~15 inch laptop. Media consumption is close to the only thing you can really do well on a tablet, and now, I truly believe a laptop can do it better.
Beyond that, a laptop can actually have work done on it, is much easier to use in places besides the toilet, and is not only upgradable, but infinitely serviceable, as you, the owner, controls what software it runs, and can run.
The only place I can see the tablet surviving in, is with people who don't actually use their devices, and for pro-sumers, purchasing high power Windows or Linux based tablets. I don't think that last one really makes up much of the population though, as if you're going to shell out for laptop components in a tablet form factor, you might as well just get a laptop.

Attached: ah_yes.gif (100x100, 233K)

>File: ah_yes.gif (233 KB, 100x100)
Absolutely fantastic. Hahahahahahah!!!!

>Phone
>??????

my school made me get an ipad for their books and test taking software. it has confirmed for me that everything a tablet can do either a phone or a laptop can do better

I was thinking of getting one but the only use I can even think of for it is fapping to a larger screen than my smartphone.

Just aim for a good, cheap, medium to smallish laptop. It's more difficult to masturbate with a tablet, as it's much fuckier to get file formats working on them, browsers are much slower, flash support is abysmal (god forbid you actually have to use it), and you have to lean it up against something, or you can't see it as good.

>comfy reading
>on a fucking phone
nigga is you stupid?

Because they are cheap devices for you homes that you can place anywhere you need it.

>tablet in bathroom for fap
>tablet in kitchen for recipes
>tablet next to bed for night faps
>tablet in car for portable shits

>but muh phone
That tiny shit niggers use.

Attached: Screenshot_20180820-224458.jpg (768x1024, 396K)

>hurr it werks on my machine
btfo you iCuck shill, 2 shekels sent to your e-mail