People actually used to buy FX processors. Let that sink in

People actually used to buy FX processors. Let that sink in.
Some even used them for games.

Attached: Untitled.png (1193x669, 53K)

Why the fuck wouldn't you? Gayming performance is all about the GPU. Had no issues with FX6300 for Witcher 3 and GTA V when I still played, before even overclocking it. And due muh cores, the performance for compressing and converting videos was alright too. At 90 bucks or so at that time, it was a steal.

Because there's a profound difference between "had no issues" and "ran great". Nowadays a G5600 will outperform a FX-9590 easily - play games silky smoothly, no drops, constant framteimes.

>Nowadays a G5600 will outperform a FX-9590 easily

go back to kid

FX-6350 here. It's alright, unless you want to encode VP9 at a reasonable speed.

*cracks* Bashing AMD those were the days
*sip*

Attached: 1534691857516.png (380x349, 78K)

this, intelfags are crying on pictures of the past at this point

If it didn't "ran great" there were issues like frame drops, so "no issues" implies the former.

If we're talking about TODAY, obviously buying FX9590 is silly, hell it always was, mainly because of the crazy TDW. For the same price there should be some Ryzen available. The cheaper and smaller FX CPUs were a great deal back in the day though.

G5600 is pretty stupid too at that price, way too close to more modern CPUs with a respectable amount of cores and can only be justified if you only want to play old shit or do office crap.

8 core FX are still on par with Coffee Lake i3

There is the power draw thing again though. Can't ignore it when it comes to costs, unless you're living in some shithole with cheap electricity.

Bought a 8350 in 2014 for 140€. Cant complain, ran really well. Unlocked i5 were 120€ more when factoring in the board.

I still use today an FX 8350, fight me.

>Still have FX processor
>No issues at all, everything just werks flawlessly
>One of the last series before they introduced botnet on processors

U mad whyte boi?

Attached: 2018-08-20-122657_573x299_scrot.png (573x299, 31K)

my FX was dirt cheap 5 years ago and un-ironically it got better after Microsoft fixed all their shit and software got more multi-threaded

Attached: 12312415.png (953x728, 72K)

One main reason I have my FX-8350 is because it is TOTALLY supported by Xp and Windows 7 for when I feel nostalgic and want to set them up on real hardware.

kek no

>stupid too at that price
You can get that and a mobo for half the price of a 2200G setup.
Enjoy your cache being made of toe jam

And you enjoy the botnet frend

>intel ME can be neutered
>AMD PSP cannot
>2016+ AMD CPUs ship with PSP secretly

>a 2200G setup.
do you know how much better gaming would be?

>2014+ Intel ship with Spectre, Meltdown and all other vulnerabilities

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

/me sobs quietly

Fwiw, I bought it used from a friend a year ago. Babby's first desktop PC.

Attached: Speccy64_2018-08-14_21-25-04.png (760x604, 46K)

Where does the meme about AM4 mainboard prices come from? At least here in Germany they are relatively cheap unless you want some doubple GPU faggotory.

I still have my 9370. It's a furnace but it gets shit done. I won't shell money before Chinese start making DDR

imagine how happy you'll be when you get a Ryzen 1700x in 2022

If you have $200 to spend, you either get a cheap pentium/8100, or nothing at all on Ryzen.
Stop, that's beside the point. I mean, AMD has some vulnerabilities too.

>using any other x86 cpu
Enjoy ur alphabet soup controlled ring -1 core, securitylet..

Spooky! I remember the last time my browser crashed and police sirens played from my PC speaker.

Hey I was wondering, is there a list of cpus that the jews have backdoors on? I know it's mostly recent ones, but I have an old thinkpad with a core 2 duo t7300 I was wondering if its subverted

Any relevant intel cpus are compromised (by bugs, if nothing else). AMD fx and sooner should be better. I remember something about the amd's "secure" shit being optional/mostly for enterprise, but I don't know how reliable the source was. I would trust it more than intel, but still mostly wouldn't.

Actually it's ring -3, ring -1 is SMM

People actually buy AMD processors. Let that sink in.

I still have my FX8320 and my GTX960. Runs most games fine, Rise of the Tomb Raider runs at 60fps on high (on very high, it drops to 40fps, though). I mean I can't go higher than 60fps anyways because of my monitors refresh rate so what's the point of buying an ultra-powerful CPU that idles at 1% all the time? Just a waste of money, if you don't need it.

I will probably upgrade my CPU (probably to Threadripper) because compiling code takes a while, but just for gaming FX series is still perfectly fine and I got the CPU for 120, not 300€, nowadays they go for less than 100€. When I bought the CPU, I didn't program that much though and didn't have a lot of money, so yeah.

FX8350 stronk.

Attached: NB OC.png (1128x577, 245K)

> Nowadays a G5600 will outperform a FX-9590 easily - play games
OK. Run Forza Motorsport 3 on it.