/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, cooling, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>For Intel, only Z300 series boards can run fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 series are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap models ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS duals, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Nvidia GPUs lose ~10% fps using 10bit HDR

Previous

Attached: lucky the dragon2.jpg (2048x1448, 777K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zhPLFt
pcpartpicker.com/list/DY2XJ8
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
pcpartpicker.com/list/FwGKKB
pcpartpicker.com/list/RFwKKB
pcpartpicker.com/list/wBTXRJ
flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA0ZW7NX3345
pcpartpicker.com/list/zHxnyX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is 4K removed from the OP?

>no Core i3-8350K
>no Core i5-8400 or 8600K
>no 7900X
>implying A320 can run memory higher than what Ryzen officially supports
>"RTX 2000 series are worse performance per $ than current GPUs" when the 2070 beats the 1080Ti for $100 less
>no 4K
Shill thread

ehh was gonna get a 2080, but I think my mobo is dying and I'm running a haslel 4770k w/ ddr3.

I dunno if I should just go with the 2080 and hope everything else works, or maybe see if I can't find a deal on a 1080/ti and upgrade CPU/mobo/ram

144hz 1440p btw

benis

4k is a meme
We 8k now

>"RTX 2000 series are worse performance per $ than current GPUs" when the 2070 beats the 1080Ti for $100 less
where are the benchmarks, nigger? Shut the FUCK up.

Because retards cant work out how to put information in a pastebin like every other general lol.
Id do it but i cbf dealing with the namefag that will likely insist on not having intel in the op or some shit.
t. 2600x and 580 owner

tell me what 4k monitor I should buy for £250 with a ryzen setup now

Don't get the 2080, it's ridiculously overpriced.

Attached: 1534805029880.jpg (1841x1227, 669K)

yeah 699$ is a lot, and most of the preorders are in $800 territory.

bummer cause for once I wanted to get the latest and greatest gpu but oh well

The run down on RTX announcement and launch as people are going to ask:
As I predicted, they'd launch them on tech demos alone because the performance in apples to apples comparisons won't be flattering for the price they're asking.
There is at least one good real world feature, which is their new "AI" anti-aliasing, but at 4K you don't really need any aliasing or jsut light antialiasing.
All comparisons they showed were apples to orangutans. It's snakeoil and marketing.
There's likely not going to be actual benchmarks until AFTER release, except maybe in some "RTX on" games.
Huangs manipualtive
>2070 is faster than the $1200 Titan Xp
is in regards to RAYTRACING.
In current games, these new graphics cards, for their price segment, are likely to be worse than what you can currently get for that price unless the game supports async compute, which almost no games do. That's why they're not showing benchmarks.

And by the time proper ray tracing does catch on in games, these cards will surely be obsolete.
It's also like I predicted, that after this reveal, it's still going to be time to wait for 7nm if you want a proper leap in GPU performance.

1080Ti prices have dropped to a level (around $620) that they're actually pretty good performance for the money, if you don't consider the monitor cost for a good Gsync IPS.

Price drops on Vega 56, RX580, 1060, 1050Ti, etc, aren't expected to come since these new cards are the first time we've had a new launch that appears to be worse performance for the money.
Since they aren't better performance for the money, they aren't driving the stack of GPUs beneath them down in price further.
All current indications are that 2060/2050 likely won't launch until 7nm comes, similar to how the 1050/Ti launch on 14nm was months later than the others on 16nm.

No room and it's not a common question as few build for 4k compared to how many mess up and get faster RAM than the H310 supports, sadly.

>yeah 699$ is a lot, and most of the preorders are in $800 territory.
Lucky you, here in EUdSSR it's even worse. Absolutely no point in getting a 2000 card with that pricetag. Get yourself a 1080/Ti or Vega on sale.
Unless prices drop significantly 2000 cards are DOA.

is it possible to two graphics cards (one for gaming, the other for cad) on the same motherboard and be able to switch between them on the fly? Or would I need two seperate monitors for each.

>ONE THOUSAND AND TWO HUNDRED AND ZERO ZERO DOLLARS

Attached: Dog Pound.gif (300x169, 639K)

Just pulled
>New 8700K
>used strix 1080ti
>Used 860 evo 500gb

For 864$ in Norway. That's insane for this country. Also got rest of the parts I need, which people are gonna be mad as fuck about, cause it's gaymer innefficient overpriced garbage, and I love it. It goes against almost everything that this general stands for.

>8700K
>Z370-F ROG Strix
>16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3200mhz CL16
>STRIX 1080ti
>1TB Seagate HDD
>500 GB 960 EVO
>NZXT Kraken x62
>The white RM750X (paid 20$ extra for white)
>White sleeved cables
>Inside a Corsair Spec-Omega RGB white
>Gonna be used with a 1080p!!! 144hz monitor
>And only corsair peripherals

Am I the devil?

Yeah, I'm seeing deals for an EVGA 1080 plus SuperNova PSU for $500

also 1080ti + PSU for $729 and both include destiny 2 fwiw

They did this same thing with 1080 launch, did you forget?

They said MSRP was "starting at $499" or something, but that founders edition was inexplicably $599.
And by
>starting at
They mean that's the MINIMUM that AIB partners can set their own models, but they can still set it higher, including at least at the FE MSRP.

AMD did a similar thing with Vega where the MSRP was only for preorders, and they got fucking crucified for it and people still bitch about it to this day when they somehow forgot about the Pascal launch and forget how it's the same thing but even worse here.

Seems ok except for maybe the AIO.
I think 1080Ti for 1080p is dumb but I guess it's what you wanted.

Destiny 2 isn't even worth negative fifty dollars.

Also you can get a 1080Ti new for $620 or so right now.
The new 2070 and 2080 are only going to be faster than it in special snowflake conditions

Attached: ONLY MY BENCHMARKS COUNT.png (510x199, 54K)

>white sleeved cabled
Autism

>Am I the devil?
There's nothing inherently wrong with gamer meme shit if you can afford it and realize that you're wasting money on just aesthetics. But people complain about the color of their cars, houses and cell phones so you're probably in the majority.
>>And only corsair peripherals
This actually bothers me (as I type on a Strafe). Hopefully you're actually getting a decent headphone/mic combo and mouse. The keyboards are actually not bad.

So five years later I'm back in the PC building world. What's this shit about new processors only taking the big Win10 cock? What can I get that will still work with Win 7 or 8?

>Also you can get a 1080Ti new for $620 or so right now.

yeah? where at?

I do need a PSU though, mine is an ancient 10+ years old seasonic rebadge, I figure it's time to replace it

Good shit. I have an 8700 with gaymur Aorus Gaming 7 mobo and the exact same RM750X white PSU, it's legit.

I wouldn't recommend 7 because it's EoL in a year.

There are win8 versions that are more like 7, like I think an enterprise version, but I can't remember the name of it.
It will be possible to install it on a modern CPU if you just add newer USB drivers to the install package.

That's what I saw on froogle. Is it wrong...?

pcpartpicker.com/list/zhPLFt
How is this?

pcpartpicker.com/list/DY2XJ8

Thoughts? Two monitor setup is the goal, but hte RAM is just for extra RAM in case I want to spend another 250 later.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/zhPLFt
The Strix isn't worth paying that much more for, unless I'm missing something like them being gauranteed Samsung HBM2. Maybe 10% more, but not 15% more. You can almost get a 1080Ti for that price. Just get the Pulse or Red Dragon. I think the XFX is actually $450 somewhere right now, even though I hear its cooler isn't great it's at least better than Gigabyte.
Mortar board is worth $10 more I think.
I'd also recommend a external blu-ray writer and to get a case that's not gimped by 5.25" drives.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/DY2XJ8
Is that really the cheapest RGB B-die?
You'd also be fine with 750w or even 650w unless you're in a cold climate and want to turn the GPU into a heater.
MX500 1Tb is nearly the cost of that 500Gb.

Also again, really approaching 1080Ti prices with that card. Unless you actually value all the games in that pack, or maybe you use applications which use OpenCL like blender, I wouldn't advise on that.

I'd also recommend that Mbest 1440p 144hz AHVA monitor over the MG278Q. As far as I'm aware, despite being cheaper, it's actually considerably better. It's not like Asus has good warranty service to make that a factor, either.
A few Anons have gotten that monitor and were really happy with it, too.
Another option is the Nixeus if you don't like the bezels (or wait for their updated HDR model which'll probably have thinner bezels)

>Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP for 1329€
That's not even the most expensive card, that's not even tha AMP Extreme. My guess is top end custom cards will go up to 1500€.

>Seems ok besides the AiO
This is not wrong, I just really like how the Kraken looks. I'm aware that Air cooling is more than sufficient, but I was honestly ok with dropping stacks on a good look

>I think 1080ti for 1080p is dumb
It is, but I would like stable 144fps at decent settings, or even an upgrade to 240hz or 1440p 144hz later.

What's wrong with sleeved cables? Besides being a waste of money, it looks cool, and I thought people would hate RGB more than sleeved cables

That makes sense. About the peripherals, I'm rocking Dark Core RGB, K70 MK2 and Void Pro RGB. Hate the Void, will upgrade to the next headset Corsair releases, or just get a good Headphone/Mic combo when I can. The K70 and Dark Core are perfect.

Ayy, that's lit. Yeah I loved the white PSU. Looks great.

pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
Everyday until you like it
This was removed from the OP by a buttmad namefag.
Win7 works fine on ryzen and ryzen+. There are no issues and AMD had the chipset published themselves.
If you want to run windows 7, it's quite easy and stable.
>muh eol
fuck off, shill
he also removed this and the "how to get windows isos and activate it safely" pastebin. This OP is fucking bad and needs to be reworked, again.

Attached: 1533054500919.gif (249x190, 1019K)

>Headphone/Mic combo when I can
This is what I've done since my first build. Favorite headphones+VModa Boom Pro. Currently using the VModa Crossfades, but I've used lower end ones as well. Headsets typically have low end mics.

MX500 1tb is like $60 more expensive. As for cheapest, I think there might be like 10, maybe 20 dollars cheaper? I'm not entirely sure. I want 14cl + 3200mhz for the 1800x anyway. So I don't mind paying the prememeium.

Also the 1080ti strix is like 800 dollaridoos. So I don't know, what would you suggest to go with my 1800x? I was thinking of the 580 originally, but I figured it's already like 300 dollars due to cuckminers, so I was thinking of just springing another 200 for the V64.

rtx 2070 or used 1080ti?

>This OP is fucking bad and needs to be reworked, again.
Then someone other than him needs to make a new thread. People have been complaining about the OP for awhile now, but he's the only one who ends up touching it.

Yeah I'm aware of the mic problem. The sound quality is usually garbo too. Hopefully Corsair decides to copy Arctis Pro and crams good shit inside an expensive headset, cause I like having RGB and having it synced. But quality should be over aesthetics, I'm just childish.

also, how likely is it that vega64 prices will go down cause of this? trying to take advantage of my freesync monitor

vega56 at 299 on newegg

1. No need to get the 2600X, just get either the regular 2600 or the 2700 for the extra cores.
2. Too expensive RAM
3. Cheaper $/GB SSD (All SATA ones perform basically the same nowadays in practical usage)
4. That Seasonic PSU is honestly fine, I just picked out a different one with higher wattage capacity of the same quality and price (I've been using it myself for awhile now)

pcpartpicker.com/list/FwGKKB
$100 saved

What said regarding the VEGA card. There are both new and used 1080s & 1080 Tis that are far more powerful for less money. Especially when the RTX series launches next month. I realize you have a Freesynch monitor already picked out but I'd recommend seeing how the GPU landscape shakes out then and maybe picking a different GPU with a similar G-Synch monitor or better.

>waaaah he's not shilling an EoL OS that autists cling to despite enterprise Win8 being clearly superior
I'll put how to install a Linux distro in the OP.

This is objectively the best OP there's ever been. We have less people picking shitty models of GPUs that are designed to fail after their warranty expires like before.

The point of the OP is mainly to minimize having to repeat the same shit every thread. This has been doing that pretty well. The win7 thing rarely comes up, and when it does someone can answer them individually.

>MX500 1tb is like $60 more expensive.
Exactly. It's 50% more for 100% more storage. Better value.

Oh I just noticed you have a 1800X and not 2700X there. Why'd you have a 1800X sitting around with no board?
But whatever.
There are $240 RX580s fairly often. There was the other day.
I'd recommend one of the

pcpartpicker.com/list/RFwKKB
Changed the GPU, what external Blu-ray writer/case would you recommend?

This is a $1600 budget gaming build that you guys helped me make a couple months ago, (this monitor is just a hold over until I can get the Acer XG270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor)

pcpartpicker.com/list/wBTXRJ

I want to actually make this computer in a couple weeks from now, but with the new model graphics cards coming out, should I upgrade from this card to one of the Nividas, old or new? Or something else?

Attached: emojimovieend.jpg (1200x1175, 204K)

this op is shit, and so are you. pastebins are useful and shouldn't be removed unless they're not relevant. Here's a helpful hint, the win7 one and it's related pastebins are relevant to a large number of people and questions often go unanswered. Quit being a fag. Stop making the OP, and fuck off.

Attached: tuvan.jpg (800x600, 36K)

>Oh I just noticed you have a 1800X and not 2700X there. Why'd you have a 1800X sitting around with no board?
Bought it last year thinking I was gonna be able to buy the other parts in short time. That didn't happen, so I've had my case and the 1800x sitting here since black friday/cyber monday. That was when the 1800x was still 500 dollaridoos, I got it on sale for 320.

are you mining?
vega is not for games but encoding and crypto

And what about this?

No, I'm not. wtf though it was recommended by someone on this general. You gotta realize, I'm fucking clueless. What's a better option then? 1080 (Ti??) that are going to drop in price(?)

Edg27S is on sale for $350.
>flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA0ZW7NX3345
One of the best monitors, and good QA. Only real downside is the bezel size.

>what external Blu-ray writer/case would you recommend?
Whatever has good user reviews on amazon or newegg, really. I haven't personally used any.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/wBTXRJ
>$140 for a 250Gb SSD
????????????????????????????/////////////////
>7ms 60hz monitor
why? 75Hz IPS are the same price.
Also doesn't really make a lot of sense to get Vega with a TN monitor in general unless you just don't like Nvidia, which is understandable, but still.
The main benefit of Vega is pairing it with a Freesync IPS monitor for much cheaper. If you're not doing that, you throw out the whole value proposition. Look for a 75Hz Freesync IPS instead. They're cheap. You could even go 1440p 75Hz IPS for around $200 afaik.

Rest seems fine except the retail windows.
Vega has its value proposition, you're just not utilizing it.
If you want an IPS, which I would also get, it's a good option. Some people don't care and use TN, in which case 1070Ti or 1080Ti tends to be the better option.

no u

I want to have sex with that dragon.

You can get a 1080 for 420$ on evga's site, comes with a mouse I think.

If I remember the 1080 beats the card you have for less money.

Here. This is cheaper and has a 1440p 144hz monitor. Much better build.
pcpartpicker.com/list/zHxnyX
Buy windows key from a reputable ebay seller and download USB installer from Window's site.

Could my PC handle a 2080 or a 2080Ti?

Attached: pcspecs.jpg (1174x904, 107K)

So now that I know I'm not buying a GPU, would you say it's a good idea to sell my 6700K and mobo and upgrade to an 8700k or whatever the current recommended CPU is?

Biggest reason would not be performance(though I am CPU limited in some applications), but instead maximizing resale value. The 6700k dropped around 50% in value already and soon I will not be able to resell it at all.

hey I have the same cpu!

1080 is a bit better in general, but it doesn't support Freesync.
user seems to want an IPS and Gsync IPS are retarded expensive. You really want to have Freesync/Gsync with an IPS.

At 1440p, probably wouldn't bottleneck either much. The new cards aren't much better than the 1080 and 1080Ti. Looks like a +20-35% or so from what we know so far, depending on whether a game supports async compute or not which most don't.
Wait for release and for someone to compare them at 1440p using your CPU and an 8700k.

Wait for 9700k. I forgot to update OP for that. Not much point in buying an 8700k anymore unless it's on a big sale.

So if I have a GOOD IPS later on when I have the money, what would be better for (semi) future-proof gaming? The Vega or the 1080Ti? Thanks for the help, also.

I'll look into this. Thanks for the tip, m8.

Gahhh... For some reason I don't like this... I would rather just have a more powerful build for now, with a shit monitor, and then eventually upgrade the monitor.

I can't tell if it's the new CPU or the 16gb RAM that's making my games run better now. Maybe both. Went from 4c/4t to 6c/12t and 8 to 16gb RAM.

Lmao

Manli 1070ti yes or no? They are going for 370 euros new. Looking to upgrade from 380 for 1080p 144hz.

>Manli 1070ti
what the fuck is this, I've never heard of this brand. Sounds like chink shit.

Integrated Mini ITX motherboards looks just comfy, aswell these Xeon D-
Someone had one?

It is from china, just asking if anyone knows. Found it on ebay. Us has some really good deals but import charges are really high.

Is a vega 56 really still worth it now?

Uh. Hard to answer. We don't know how AMD's 7nm GPUs are going to look.
It's often been reported that they are merely targeting a midrange release in 2019, with "mid-range" in 2019 being between 1080 and 1080Ti performance for $300-$350. The Wang also wasn't ruling out a high end GPU in the recent interviews, though.

If AMD's best GPU in 2019 is still weaker than a 1080Ti, then that's not much of an upgrade over Vega 56 except in power consumption.
On the other hand, Gsync 1440p monitors cost around twice as much as Freesync.

Do you need more performance than Vega 56? It generally gets 75fps+ at 1440p on between high and maxed settings, with 144fps+ on more optimized or lower requirement games like R6 Siege, Overwatch, etc.

>I would rather just have a more powerful build for now, with a shit monitor, and then eventually upgrade the monitor.
It's a better build for less money. Larger SSD, better monitor, cozier case, etc.
And uh. You could start with a shit monitor but then when you look to upgrade it, 1440p 144hz IPS are like $600+ instead of $300-$350.

Only if you want an IPS monitor since adaptive sync is a pretty big deal for IPS and Gsync is retardedly expensive.
Otherwise, with 1080Tis around $620, if you are fine with a TN monitor they are a decent deal.

you're here 24/7

Why is it more important to have adaptive sync with ips instead of tn?

Is a 1080 Ti enough for 4k60 if I turn down a setting or two? e.g. I don't care much for anti-aliasing

Will a 1600 bottleneck a 1080 at 1440p? Or a 1080 ti?
I've got a 1060 6gb at the moment which does alright, but feels like a waste with a 1440 144 monitor. I figure I could grab a higher end 10X0 series card as the prices go down and be set for years.

Where should I buy windows 10? Can I trust ebay or ecrater?

currently have a i7 8700k running at 4.8 ghz and I need to upgrade my GPU from a gtx 970. what do you guys think about 1080ti/2080/2080ti which should i go with. obviously going to wait for benchmarks to come out with the new cards though.

Attached: 1505321603618.png (1170x1238, 553K)

I already pre-ordered my RTX 2080 ti
naturally the reason why I did will piss this board off
>Nb4 what reason
well naturally to power my THREE 1080p monitors since I don't see the point in higher resolutions
>nb4.2 well you just haven't seen it
no I have a 4k tv with good PPI just don't care for it. but I do care for ray tracing

Attached: goodfuckingyeardmypatrick.png (640x640, 901K)

>proud of three 1080p monitors

Attached: 99jimmies.png (331x438, 340K)

>implying anything over 1080p is worth it
i mean if you think it is then its your money by all means get what you think is best.
thats why when i get my 2080 ti ill be going to 4 1080p monitors but the forth will be a ultrawide.

it's 3/4 4K, he just needs to stack the panels on top of each other.

im a cute girl btw. pwease respond to my post uwu

>im a cute girl
if you're a girl, you should get the one with the hottest temps and cook me an egg on it

So I know its launch, but the prices seem a little ridiculous in comparison to past stuff. Is it because they know AMD is on official wait time til get their own stuff out?

im sure you are

>implying I would use multi monitor display and have a broken picture and not one solid one
dog I already have a 4k tv and its really not that impressive. don't know what the hype about it is but they look the same with more detail. nothing really worth the premium

Are the Cougar Vortex decent fans?

Attached: 20180704132429_1.jpg (1000x1000, 352K)

I'm trying to install Windows 10 from a USB onto a fresh PC.

My motherboard is an MSI B450 and the SSD is a Kingston.
I already loaded Windows 10 onto my USB but I keep getting a blue screen that reads "CRITICAL PROCESS HAS DIED".

I plugged the USB directly into the motherboard but I can't figure out what the hell to do in the BIOS.

Attached: 1358482840819.jpg (1600x1200, 610K)

See, in threads that don't involve gaymer bullshit we don't have to deal with faggot namefag and tripfag OPs who will likely throw autistic shitfits whenever they don't get their way

This thread, and everyone in it, belongs on /v/ and you all know it.

Post your dick.

Because monitors don't change the frame on the screen instantly. It scans from top to bottom. afaik, it's a bit slower to do that on IPS.
And even if it's not, the slower response time leaves a torn screen appearing on there longer before the pixels finish changing color.
Screen tearing, when it happens, is less noticeable on TN as a result so adaptive sync tends to not matter as much. But it's a must with high refresh rate IPS.

Probably 1080Ti. 2000 series seems to be some snakeoil marketing joke from everything shown so far. 2000 series cards are almost surely significantly worse performance for the money. The $850 2080 appears to be weaker on average than the $620 1080Ti.

I mean really, if the 2070 was better than the 1080Ti, they'd have shown benchmarks of it. They didn't. The writing is on the wall and it's written in dumb gullible Nvidia fanboys' jizz.

idk are they? Look up tests and let us know.

lol? a single 32:9 1080p would be driven by any higher end GPU fine. That's around the same pixels as 2560x1440, isn't it? What is that.. Yeah 3840x1080. Not many more pixels.
That's another way to put it.

>32:9 1080p
the fuck is this?
again why do people do retarded shit like this resolution. no im using 3 16:9 monitors as separate screens so I can have web pages and shit up while I do other stuff.

Alright bros am I retarded?
I just put together a pc and I'm trying to turn it on. Everything turns on, fans, LEDs, graphics card fans move, but what I don't get is there's no display going into the monitor. Everything is connected right and when I disconnect the hdmi from the GPU the monitor detects it. I have pretty much trouble shooted all I could. Changed cables GPUs even monitors. I changed PCI slots and everything. The motherboard also has power because it has a little light that turns on when the PSU is on. I dont know what to do. I feel really dumb asking but will the bios not show up ifI dont have a disk drive/usb with an OS on it? I'm waiting for my roommate to come home with a USB drive to get windows so I'm trying to boot without it and see if it even goes into the BIOS, but it doesn't! It just says it doesn't detect signal. H-Help?

Attached: 2154.jpg (191x178, 19K)

plug the hdmi into the motherboard HDMI slot, you should get a signal

figure out how to turn off onboard graphics

That's the first thing to check

It's an ASUS M5A97 R2.0, it doesn't have an HDMI port on the motherboard.

mmm well in that case make sure the ram is seated properly.

you will get the bios on startup, irrelevant if you have windows or not it doesn't matter. If you don't see the bios, adding windows is firstly impossible, and second doesn't help anything.

Halp

Attached: bcaf57d2387e40eb2255d.jpg (1024x711, 202K)

It's either the gpu or your motherboard, get a buffer

I checked the ram and it looks mounted fine. I really don't know what it can be, I've changed pretty much everything including cables, monitors, even GPUs, I've moved them on both PCI slots.
gosh if it's the motherboard then I'm pretty fucked, I mean the motherboard powers everything fine though. I-It even has a little light that turns on when I turn on the PSU. I'm really confused.

... it's 2 16:9 monitors in one. It makes more sense than 21:9 or whatever that retarded resolution is.

Does your monitor have the right input selected, assuming it's not autodetecting?
Does your GPU have the PSU power cable plugged into it?
Failing that, try with a single stick of RAM plugged into the first slot your motherboard manual says to use. Then try the other stick if that doesn't work as it's rare that two sticks will be DoA.
>I feel really dumb asking but will the bios not show up ifI dont have a disk drive/usb with an OS on it?
Nope it'll show up and say there is no drive.

Are you using the installer from window's website?
Like you're crashing during install... right? It's not clear what's going on

Yes.

After pressing F11 and launching the USB.

The windows 10 logo appears for about five seconds before it turns into a blue screen and gives me the "CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED" message.

Attached: 1533779814125.jpg (600x449, 48K)

the gpu has the cable plugged into it yeah, the fans turn on. Could it be something with the hard drive? Would a bios show up if there's no SSD/HDD plugged into it?

>it's 2 16:9 monitors in one
so there is gonna be a retarded split in the middle instead on ONE nice image, ill never understand people who would rather degrade quality for more space

seriously just go try it with 1 stick of ram in the first socket, if nothing then swap the ram stick for the other

Is there not a more specific error?
Try it with a single stick of RAM and the other. One of them may be bad.

I already answered that and gave you other things to try.

Lmao no.

I can see both of my RAM glowing though.

HDD shows in diskmanagement as not initialized and unallocated but doesn't show up in bios or on my computer. SSD is working fine

Redpill me on clevo/sager barebones laptops. The specs are excellent, but are they reliable? Can I really fix problems myself and/or upgrade stuff?