Aesthetic, Cyberpunk, Retro Tech

What is some aesthetic, cyberpunk-ish, retro Jow Forums equipment I can buy to spice up my workstation? I was thinking about getting a wireless or USB trackpad, or maybe even a trackball. Coiled USB cables, fancy keyboards, physical serial terminals, retro tech, whatever comes to mind.

Just general cool computing thread.

Attached: vt220.jpg (620x413, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Perixx-PERIPAD-501-Professional-Wired-Touchpad/dp/B001CX85I8
youtube.com/watch?v=DLRgSM40gy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm considering this: amazon.com/Perixx-PERIPAD-501-Professional-Wired-Touchpad/dp/B001CX85I8

Attached: touchpad.jpg (1500x1500, 197K)

Does anyone care?

Attached: 27632232886_2f44205232_o.png (828x756, 1.26M)

You should look into maximizing performance, functionality, and longevity. A shitty wireless numale ultrathin toy doesn't fit. Go for wired everything if it stays at your desk. Wired internet and storage other local devices are many times faster, and wired peripherals have extremely low latency. And remember to leave all your machines plugged in 24/7, especially retro or other hard to find and expensive machines. You may end up paying an extra $20 or so a year in electrical bills but it's a small price to pay in exchange for saving the caps in your power supplies.

Don't forget to set a pink, blue, and purple wallpaper with gay 80s text.

I have some wireless peripherals including Apple brand stuff and they work great. They're not perfect, though, and I would like some wired stuff for a second computer I have. I don't really have brand preference and I don't care about the Jow Forums "muh gay apple" meme, I just like cool/good tech.

Would really like somthing like that but just works as a terminal for a console or ssh connection.

>but just works as a terminal for a console or ssh connection.
that's what that is

Your saying I can just stick this into a c3550 and im golden? Goddamn.

They're a bit pricey, but you can get a modern (USB instead of PS/2) version of the classic Model M buckling spring keyboard from Unicomp. It'll fit the whole retro office theme.

I think you need an adapter
desu I'd rather just get a more modern mechanical kb at that rate, and maybe custom keycaps

Attached: VYV8cQt.jpg (493x639, 84K)

Model M

Nope.

Decwriter

Attached: Decwriter.jpg (3072x2304, 1.16M)

looks like it would require a shitload of paper and wouldn't do much

Why not just use the touchpad on your laptop?

it's for a desktop

Why not just use a mouse

explained in the OP

Darn it!

>want to buy a retro computer
>everything is more expensive than a raspberry pi
wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=DLRgSM40gy8

>trackball
>retro

kek, trackball is the most advanced precision tracking device on the market.

it's like black sneakers iwth black jeans that are too short tho

Looks cool, now imagine instead of printing, a machine writes on the paper.

>instead of printing, a machine writes on the paper
what?