/v/oodoo bolt v8

Who is waiting for this beasts to come out?
>Ryzen+&vega apu
>Small form factor
>Upgradable ram
>Arduino-like I/O & cooprocesor
>65W
>Included internal eMMC flash storage
>Ethernet
>2xUSB3.1
>2xUSBC
>2 Sata ports
>2xHDMI

>309$ dollars

Literally no excuse to not buy it:
kickstarter.com/projects/udoo/udoo-bolt-raising-the-maker-world-to-the-next-leve/description

Attached: Capture.png (945x532, 323K)

udoo is the cdprojectred of hardware

GOd damn

Attached: 1528349303366.png (466x443, 290K)

Ordered and waiting

So, looks like there's no point getting the cheaper one (advertised in OP image for $229), which just has a dual-core processor and 3 Vega cores. The more expensive model ($309) has a quad-core and 8 Vega cores, which makes it similar to a system built around an R3 2200G APU. At that level, the graphics capabilities at least would be superior to any similarly-sized option (i.e., NUC) without an eGPU.

Attached: 33a05b540da1efaf4ec558f48d771cf0_original[1].png (680x5332, 1.9M)

>4c/8t
>vega
>$309
interesting

What would i do with this? Use it as a router and seedbox?

well, seeing that the 2c/4t version with vega 3 performs roughly the same as my A8-6600K and HD 6670, I'd say it isn't that bad, if you're looking for basic web browsing

Not even sure what I'd do with a vega 3/8 on an embedded board.
I just want the zen CPU.

Any terminal GPGPU offloading of literally anything available on vega?

Attached: 1531457251009.png (367x362, 75K)

Is this performance any good? I don't play games like these so I don't know.

Attached: 9cc0bba9e042a6ad82612d194190d867_original[1].gif (680x383, 697K)

its likely beefy enough to do real time encoding of several video sources, so it could work as a diy close circuit station

It can game at 1080p

>Is this performance any good?

They have a demo using it to render with Keyshot.

It's not crazy fast but it's got impressive performance for such a small form factor and price.

So someone could actually use this thing as a daily driver?
Looking over the webpage, the way I see it is that it would cost $500-$600 to get the faster model fully up and running. For that much, you can have a great desktop with Ryzen R5, discrete GPU, 16GB RAM, SSD, etc. in mATX, which will have much better performance.

The compactness makes it uniquely viable for some applications (like wearables), but I can see why they are focusing their marketing towards makers rather than gamers and other end users.

So I gotta pay $450 to get the complete package?

>using poomd poozen

> embedded
> 65W
doesn't compute

>portable
Yeah, but for true portability, you might as well go with a laptop
>Low-price
Yeah, but you could probably save some money with a budget Ryzen APU build.
>Form factor
Cool, but a mITX build in some cases would be cheaper and be only slightly bigger.
>Low TDP
Yeah, I will admit, if the specs and price are to be believed, this thing should perform well for the range of power it draws. That alone will attract those who want to save money on electricity, or just want to get some hippie strange.

If it goes down in price next year, I might get it, but it will depend on the price of ram then too, because the V8 base version that you mentioned for 309 burgers includes no ram.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this just effectively a more powerful RPi?

way more.

It's a 2200 Smol Edition

basically

>So someone could actually use this thing as a daily driver?

Absolutely. If you want to go by just flat benchmark score, they have comparisons on their kickstarter page.

The Bolt v8 comes out to almost twice the performance of the Macbook Pro 13" in Cinebench. Not a crazy bar to beat but more than enough to be a daily PC for an average person that doesn't need hardcore performance.

Attached: Chart.png (680x383, 131K)

If by "more powerful" you mean by an order of magnitude, yes. It's also x86 so any regular PC OSes and software work on it.

It's a regular pc PLUS a raspberry pi, on one board.

We'reone step closer to reviving our old junk with new hardware lads. I just wish this had reclining RAM slots, but that would probably make it bigger.

Attached: 369dbbe0c9bcbd7cbba7078aa8ef5238.jpg (510x768, 48K)

Can I make gigabit router with pfsense out of it?

Power a billboard with near 4k resolution in LEDs.

>supports windows 10
dropped

Attached: 2a5bf038c731b83fd7b97dbf3ecd24e5_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1527698344&auto=format& (680x383, 59K)

You stupid bitch. You stupid fucking bitch. I can't believe how dumb you are. Jesus Christ. I can't believe how fucking dumb you are.

Attached: subhuman.gif (320x240, 394K)

You could slap this in the case of some old dead thinkpad and make it work again.

>Almost 50% faster than a 875$+ Intel NUC
That's one hell of a raspberry

when the first UDOO had yet to ship they came to my school to shill it and I remember that I was quite sceptic because it was a stupid raspberry with arduino attached.
Yeah now they have more powerful versions available too, but I still haven't changed my mind desu.
But thanks for all the money, goyim.
t. Italian

yeah but can it run win7
2200g/2400g supposedly bluescreen instantly

>t. boomer who still uses Windows XP

i use 7 and will continue using it until win10 rounds window corners
*crack*

If that's all you're looking for...

Attached: Windows-7-theme-aero-glass.png (1024x768, 506K)

the mimimize, maximize, delet on the window top right arent perfect
also
>just watermark my shit up

The CPU cooler is as tall as the SODIMMs. They would have to come up with a different cooler to gain a few millimeters in one direction at the expense of the other.
In the end it doesn't give anything as they didn't mean for it to be stuck in your pocket.

Attached: 1534844038989a.gif (640x611, 174K)

How does it compare to something like Nvidia Jetson?