What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: header-sharepoint.png (5207x2829, 119K)

>hurr durr I live in a basement and ive never seen corporate
SharePoint is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to SharePoint.

What is that

I live in a basement, tl;dr also pls

Imagine defending this trash

i know you like your home server and your riced arch install, but adults working in successful companies use solutions that actually work, user.

so what does a wageslave to that works with sharepoint?

WTF are on you on about OP it's just Microsoft's version of corporate Dropbox.

oh i don't know, maybe they saw an opportunity to make money.

also what's wrong?

You don't have to defend it to acknowledge the fact that it has a market and that market doesn't consist of you.

Large enterprises have dozens of Sharepoint instances. It's basically themable Dropbox + widgets for hot links + forms and lists. It's better than a file hole like Dropbox when lots of people are working with lots of files that need to be organized so that everyone knows where shit is.

Get out while you still can. I used to live in one. One window, permanently shadowed by the garage next to it, no natural light. In the end I found myself with clinical depressions and concrete plans for suicide. Thank god my country has mandatory help insurance and I got help.

Basement - never again.

You really dont have an idea to work in companies?

a fileserver that allows you to share shitty forms? did I get you right?

Its not even good at it

They can't even do collaborative workbooks right

Webparts Don't work half the time

The only good thing they had going was embedding Powerview but they're dropping it to force people to use PowerBi

Fuck Microsoft

The big deal features are document version control, a granular user-controlled permission system, lists (which are pretty powerful primitives for building things), and the ability to set up notifications for essentially anything. Users can set up their insanely elaborate business processes and multi-stage process manglement workflows by themselves using the above. It's not nearly as bad as Access because they don't get an actual database and programming language so it's harder for them to get in serious trouble.

It works really well until it doesn't, at which point you'll be shelling out tens of thousands to contractors who've made "Unfucking SharePoint" their sole profession.
All in all, 6.5/10 business software. You could do far, far worse.

Now that's a pitch.

>Users can set up their insanely elaborate business processes and multi-stage process manglement workflows by themselves using the above.
Do they really do this, tho?

You neckbeards have no fucking tedious corporate can be. You don't know hell until you have worked with DOORS.

Yes they really do this. Yes it's actually far easier to keep users out of trouble this way rather than them using a million spreadsheets hooked into a nyarlathotepian Access database.

I don't know, we use confluence

>Fuck pajeet consultants who implemented SP in our org
ftfy

Just make sure to keep the IBM sales people out next time.

ITT: basement-dwelling freetards pass judgement on something they've never used - or ever seen - before.
In other words, just another day on Jow Forums.