When will we discover the technology of immortality again?

Attached: 1513254576824.jpg (773x394, 43K)

why did you skip 2013?

Attached: index.jpg (308x164, 10K)

based

>ant version

Attached: 132226.png (734x391, 493K)

this is not a technology, this is a gift

Even if we replace all body parts in our body, its unlikely we will ever make a replacement for our brain. And our brains can only hold so much and live so long. The only hope is to create a cyber brain to simulate our brain and transfer consciousness into it.

>he thinks it's possible to "transfer" data and not just make a copy of it

>our brains can only live so long
1% of a 1% can spend billions on research but they can't stop neurons and synapses from deteriorating. I fucking love it.

Attached: 1532100798354.gif (546x426, 32K)

>Transferring consciousness
>Implying we even have any clue what causes consciousness, let alone how to transfer it in the first place

I meant copying memory data into a machine that simulates consciousness and emotions.

Immortality is a hell of a drug

Attached: neo.png (500x375, 223K)

That's a robotic clone, buddy
Not you

If it behaves and thinks like me, then its me.

>consciousness is some magic thing not just the brains emulation software

errr no

2018 keaono reve, how he does it?

Attached: 1529941500715.jpg (1125x2436, 386K)

It is

Attached: c.jpg (640x900, 426K)

Our brains live for much longer than our bodies. It's why heart attacks are the most common cause of death.

That's down to our bodies being shit. Our brains still couldn't handle more than 300-500 years of memories plus obvious deterioration that comes with that time.

Intelligent life shouldn't live that long. You'd probably want to commit suicide after living 1000 years. We're born to die, it's just how it is. Changing this is wrong.

>immortality prevents obesity
ok

No

Attached: images-1.jpg (225x350, 12K)

pls never die araki

jojo forever

Yes

But you're dead, and there's just a copy of you running around. You don't suddenly become the clone.
You copy a picture, and then edit the copy, the original doesn't suddenly change.
The original photo will eventually perish

No you just copy the original before it gets deleted. It can work the same way. Editing happens every time even with the original so editing alone won't make it different.

i bet you believe copying is stealing too

Creating children is still closer to transferring consciousness than anything we'll achieve with electronics. And either way you still die.

>copy the original before it gets deleted
So you have two copies of yourself at the same time. They do not share a consciousness. Nothing is "transferred".

If it's identical to you, then by your reasoning if it dies first you become it. Except you were already you. Your idea is nonsensical.

Transferring without separated copying requires transition.

A human brain can't even handle a single lifetime of memories. People don't remember much of their life.

Keep in mind the human brain shrinks over time. It would be pretty easy to add fresh neurons without hurting the old ones. Also the entire blood supply system could be replaced. Keep doing that and the human brain should last 200 years no problem.

Make the copy then kill yourself so that you don't experience anything that the clone didn't.

SOMA, already figured this out for us bro.

Soma a shit

SOMA a cute. Cute!

I mean technically thats all life is anyway. You copy cells and shed the old cells constantly. Every couple years theres no original piece of you left. That user's suggestion just speeds up the process instead of going full blown ship of Theseus.

I take recent born blood every month. I look young as ever.

>1530

when did this happen?

He started doing Bjj. That's probably why.

There's absolutely no way in the whole world for Keanu to prove his story. Just like there's no way for us to disprove it. No matter how outrageous we think it is, no matter how highly trained some of us think we are, there's absolutely no way to disprove it! My friend is either a caveman, a liar, or a nut. So while we're thinking about that, why don't we just go with it.

This.
Can't imagine myself living 982 years more.

>Implying we even have any clue what causes consciousness
Are you retarded? Do you even study neuroscience at all? What you are referring to as "consciousness" isn't even deserving of a word to describe it. It's not special. It's not magic. It's just a causal relationship whereby your brain alters it's decision making logic based on it's high level programming to seek pleasure and avoid suffering. Each time you suffer or feel pleasure, you either change or reinforce the logic which led you to that experience in the first place. That's all consciousness is. It's just the mechanism through which you can audit and alter your own decision making logic.

You must be a fun person to hang out with.

doctor, how can I force my consciousness force to like something what's boring but more useful than simple pleasures I do everyday?

Have a wank and a chocolate milkshake every time you complete the task

you are immortal, the body you're inside of is designed to die, so you can leave this prison planet one day and go home.

there's absolutely no need for consciousness to do that, in fact most of the stuff you're describing is unconscious to start with.

thanks doc

What you are telling me is that you have no idea what consciousness is, but are going to continue to throw it around like a magic buzzword.

This is something that the majority of people greatly struggle with. For some reason, most people's brains are not very good at accurately weighing the pleasure/suffering from two different scenarios when one of the scenarios takes place significantly far into the future. While there are ways you can attempt to trick yourself into remaining focused on an immediate (but boring) task (ie. give yourself treats upon completion of various milestones), ultimately what works for me is to really take the time to envision the experience of completing the task. If the task has a practical benefit, that practical benefit should either prevent suffering or generate pleasure in some way. If you empathize with your future self, that should be able to provide ample motivation. If that's not enough, you may have to find other forms of motivation or maybe consider a therapist if you are having a hard time correcting your own behaviors.

No problem kiddo. I'm always here to help.

Epicurus fuck off

sure I do. Consciousness = the soul, and the brain is a conduit for the soul in this reality.
The cause and effect stuff you're describing could exist without consciousness, it would probably be more efficient.

can, please, all religious fags shut the fuck up or get out of here?

Epicureanism rejects determinism and promotes hedonism. I do neither. I embrace the fact that our lives are purely deterministic (except at the quantum level) and I do not promote hedonism. I am in the process of creating a philosophy which most people confuse with utilitarianism at first, but which has some major differences (most notably, I do not believe pleasure and suffering directly cancel each other out in terms of how our actions impact other entities)

There is no evidence of such a thing called a "soul". You want to believe our actions are more meaningful then they are. They are not. Deal with it.

YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CONSCIOUSNESS

>2018

Attached: 081618LaPetitFourLA1.jpg (1080x1349, 1.53M)

>There is no evidence of such a thing called a "soul". You want to believe our actions are more meaningful then they are. They are not. Deal with it.
actually there is proof, because God created psychedelics, so that people who struggle to believe could experience God directly, but hey If you want to believe life is meaningless and have a fake ego boost because you're so smart and have it all figured out, then carry on.

Attached: 823f2ab93418952e21e0ff9d635843cc.jpg (400x400, 70K)

There is certainly no evidence of God, so it does not logically follow that psychedelics have any relation to God.

Anyways, it's pretty obvious you are a troll at this point. However, I am probably autistic, so if you keep baiting me, I'll probably sit here for hours talking to you. Do you need a friend, user?

Goddamn, he's really going bald.