Yay Nvidia is the best

>Yay Nvidia is the best
>Fuck AMD, just let them die
>Yay, we have Nvidia monopoly, now they can concentrate on R&D

Sorry Jow Forums - AdoredTV is right
This monopoly is going to fuck it all up
And if prices wasn't enough, the 2070 is the lowest their RTX. So you'll have to pay 599, if you want raytracing...

Attached: Nvidia MSRP.png (847x640, 160K)

Nobody has any reaction to this? I don't believe for one second that Jow Forums is okay with suck development.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x207, 7K)

I don't believe the 1080 Ti was ever sold for just $700, at was always like $850 on average, going into $1000 after miners.
Also those are the founders edition prices you are posting there, the third party cards will be cheaper.

I agree that this monopoly is bad though, no single party should own such an important market as GPU's, especially not Jewvidya.

>I don't believe the 1080 Ti was ever sold for just $700
I don't belive that 3 party cards will be be 1000 bucks either.

But i got the 980 TI, it wasn't that much off. something like 700

>muh vidyagames

Attached: apuu.jpg (1920x1541, 105K)

Who didn't see that happen? Those who have the money, will buy it. Those who don't, won't. Everybody will upgrade to whatever their budget allows.

>gpus are only for video games

Attached: mr_brain.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Exactly. Which is why i'll hope for somebody to challenge the fuckheads at Nvidia.

You may argue that it doesn't matter, but i wouldn't want to live in a world where Ford was the the only car manufator since they shut all the others down with the mass production. You realize why cars has evolved so much? competition.

charts wrong for the rtx 2000 lower the 2070 and 2080 price by 100$ and lower the 2080ti price by 200$ your source is shit

sure a 2070 is the price of a 1080 and sure a 2080 is the price of a 2080ti but thats not rediculouse. the 2080ti is very expensive but when you consider they will prob not release a titain or if they do the titan will be like the titan V and 3000$ its not that bad.

It will happen, eventually. Either AMD will get back or Intel will roll out something. Wait for 2021, this generation will be dominated by Nvidia.

I paid 700$ for a GeForce 3 500ti in 2001 and killed it a year or 2 later with arctic silver like a idiot. and you think you have it tough. I look forward to buying a 2080ti or titan of this series when market is flooded with 1070 and amd cards and every one is running 4x 1070 because they fix the drivers.

whiiiiiiiiich is why i made sure to make it back to 2010, so that your argument wouldn't be taken seriously.

Do you honestly believe that there wasn't more than a difference between 480 and 680? they're the same price. Or maybe, the 980 performed worse than 780. And the 980TI only on par with 780? No, stupid boy.

This is only a result of a monopoly with the greed that follows it.

>buying shitvidia

Ford didn't optimize roads just for Ford cars though.
If they did, and their cars would be twice as efficient with fuel as the competitors on the same roads, people would only buy Ford cars.
Point being, Nvidia is doing a great job in preventing all competition. It's very hard now to just decide to get into making GPU's, even for big companies like AMD and Intel.

Consumer deserve this . They were buying 480s and 470s when ayymd had 5850s and 5870

I just love watching novideots with stockholm syndrome getting jewed the fuck out, I hope they raise the prices even more because of mining.

they really got me hyped up too, if i were to buy a new graphics card for 300$, i would save a little more to get RTX.
i'm really interested in how AMD will react to this.

It's worse when you ignore nVidias clever marketing by changing the names of chips. Back in the day an x80 card meant you were buying a fully unlocked xx102 chip. Now it refers to xx104 which was reserved for the mid-range xx60Ti and below.

Even xx80Ti aren't fully unlocked xx102 chips anymore, they're cut down and the price is marked up!

Attached: nvidia the way you're meant to be played.png (825x981, 346K)

I bought a 460, chip got displaced and I bought a used 5850. Best card evah, the only better card is 290.

>tfw been on AyyMD side since 2009
>currently sitting on a Vega 64

I hope AMD saves us from Njewdia. Gamers got what they deserve though. Even when AMD was ahead gamers fell for the Nvidia FUD. Now they reap what they sowed.

lmao 2021 is like 10 years away. I can't wait that long

>AdoredTV
stop shilling your shill channel you nigger

I was just going to make a similar chart myself and post it here. Well, you've spared me the effort OP.

However what that picture doesn't really show is the fact that the Ti was never released with the rest of the lineup, but much later as a stopgap between each generation. What Nvidia did with the current release scheme is upshifting the market segments: if at the launch of a new generation, let's say the GTX 600, the most powerful GPU was priced at $500, the midrange sat at $400, and the low tier was at $230, now everything is basically doubled. Sure they've kept the old nomenclature to trick people, but when you look at the segmentation rather than the names you see this shit pretty clearly.

I have always said that graphics card prices had less to do with mining and more to do with RRPs but hey. Keep blaming miners for this.

Good graph though, interesting tobsee

AMD does 7nm Radeon Instinct and console GPUs, Intel won't be able to compete with CUDA anyway, and their GPUs will not come out until 2020, enjoy the show.

This just shows how AMD is a shit competitor.

Cry more, novideo shill, and BUY NVIDIA

>implying intel are interested in $400 gaming cards and not $10,000 deep learning cards
>implying radeon will ever do anything right

R9 290x released an was sort of okay once kepler started being phased out by nvidia

Fury x released and was shit

rx 480 released and was a generation behind

vega 64 released and was genuinely pathetic

Following that downward trend in competitiveness I don't have much hope for AMD doing anything worthwhile

yeah im pretty sure people will still buying nvidia cards until amd comes up with a better card

Good, and I hope Nvidia will raise the prices as high as possible, you deserve it. I hope 3080ti will be $2000

>it's all AMD's fault
like clockwork
this is exactly what Intel shills were telling me two years ago

>Gamers got what they deserve though
Amen brother.

>>implying intel are interested in $400 gaming cards and not $10,000 deep learning cards
>>implying radeon will ever do anything right
Oh god yes I hope GPU prices will stay fucked for eternity.

Nobody talked about fault, fuckface. AMD presence in the market has been flebile, and Nvidia has stronger marketing and a more fidelized userbase, and these are facts. Nvidia is now strong of a de facto monopoly and dictates the prices. If you want to find some fault, look at all those retards that for some fucking reason developed brand loyalty, the most anti-consumer idea someone can ever embrace.

BUY BUY BUY

AMD just gave RTG 25% more research and development budget. I don't think it's enough personally and it will be too little too late. If they had allowed Raja to concentrate on Navi instead of Vega like he wanted to maybe things would have been different. But Lisa Su wanted him to focus on Vega for 'pro' shit and Vega for gaming was an afterthought and too expensive to both make and buy (Also they got let down on HBM2 speed as well as prim shaders development).
Basically AMD lost the plot with RTG or already saw the writing on the wall so Vega and Navi were only good for AI/Pro workloads and consoles.

ALL THE LEAKS ARE WRONG ITS ONLY 3000 PAYMENTS OUTSIDE OF THE PRICE RANGE FOR MOST GAMERS
SO WE INVERSED RAY TRACING WE ARE TRACING RAYS THROUGH THE EYE THERES NO REASON TO TRACE THE LIGHT IN TRIANGLES WHEN YOURE REFLECTIONS
AND THATS BECAUSE OF OUR GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND
BUT THEN OF THE TEN BOXES OF TEN BOXES I CAN IGNORE THE ONE BOX WITH THE OTHER BOX IS ANOTHER TEN SMALL BOXES OF MY TEN TEN EIGHTY TEA EYE BOXES OF TEN BOXES WITH BOXES OF TRIANGLES AND BOUNDING BOXES SO WE KNOW WHAT BOUNDING BOXES
SO WHICH ONE OF THE TRIANGLES IS IT
ITS VERY QUICK MATHS
WHICH IS REALLY REALLY HARD PARALLELISM WHERE WE CREATE INCOHERENT THINGS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
GOD THIS IS HEAVY DEEP LEARNING YOULL WANT TO KEEP YOUR ABS TIGHT

Attached: 1534795878209.png (1199x773, 559K)

The truth hurts fanboy. He predicted this would happen.

The fuck are you talking about? I WANT nvidia to be a monopoly just to fuck people like you in the ass.

upgraded my hd5670 from 2012 to a radeon pro wx2100 with 3 DP outputs. how didi do?

RTX 3080 Ti will be about 3000 US Rupee if nvidia keeps their jews tricks.

>Fuck AMD, just let them die
There will always be niggers and/or supermarket / electronics market chains that opt for the cheaper AMD models. And they will always have customers who don't know any better. As long as I don't have to be one of them, that's fine.

GOD YES I HOPE SO
Not memeing in the slightest, Nvidia should rape all novideots with stockholm syndrome to the max.

You seem to be unaware that all consoles other than the switch uses amd gpus.

Attached: RTX_3080.jpg (460x135, 23K)

your literally posting the wrong prices your 2080ti price is 200$ more than it actually is and your 2080/2070 price is the founders edition price that's +100$.

Nvidia knows that running 4 1070s in a years time will have better performance than even the RTX titan. they will prob try and gimp SLI support on 10series intentionally while making RTX sli well supported.

its a shit release but its not actually that overpriced and if the stock cooler really is 1/5th the noise as the 10series one that means buying the stock cooler might be better than 3rd party brand ones.

I would pay 100$ more than normal for a quitter GPU.. obviously all the technology shit is bullshit 99% of the stuff they talked about in the conference was trying to explain why the hardware well be used by software that doesn't even exist yet.

that's a good defence for saying they are shit but a GeForce 3 500ti and a Geforce 8800gtx lasted a long ass time you could still use them and get 45+ fps in games for like 4-5 years. all this RTX release does is say that 10-9-7 series nvidia cards will run like shit in afue years time and amd too.

im not buying into the hype obviously only buy this tech when you actually need it but its 100% a fact that games will support raytracing and ai shit in 1-2 years just like after Geforce3 1-2 years later games required shader model and 1-2 years after 8800 games 100% requires shader model 3.0

its a bad time to buy RTX but in 2 years time you will prob be forced to upgrade to oen or a RTX2 or what ever. unless Intel/AMD can counter it with reverced enginered cheaper shit.

DX13 is called DXR if you didnt notice in conference and only RTX supports its so far. that's a huge deal but its obviously retarded to buy now because their might be 300$ DXR cards that perform better in 2years time when you actually need it

WHO DIDN'T?!
Honestly fuck off with your shilling.

Attached: 1533185744705.gif (392x500, 382K)

>Can't rub 2 neurons together to predict what will happen
>watches youtube personalities as his only input to the brain of new thoughts and ideas
>How DARE you even imply somebody might use their brain and come up with the most obvious conclusion as to how events will transpire!
You sure showed me.

Enjoy your buttrape

Attached: 1533170010239.gif (468x479, 118K)

Attached: 1534266106934.png (531x571, 246K)

no its not the reason the performance didn't go up is they think Dx11/12 performance is good enough and Dx13 is called DXR and requires ray tracing you fucking idiot.

buying a RTX 2000 is a stupid thing to do now because your just wastying like 400$ regardless of the card you buy because when DXR(dx13) games actually come out and 100% require to run in that mode will be like 3 years away. there will be literally 200-300$ cards in 2022 that run just as fast as these 500-700$ cards. im not saying its dumb but saying these prices are shit because of monopoly is wrong they are shit because they are the first DX13 cards. get over it. if you want to play around with limited DX13 support for next 3 years waste 400$ or wait till you 100% need it to even boot the game and don't waste 400$ the choice is yours. nvidia controls like 90% of the market share they decide when DX13 starts but they don't decide when its forced on people devs/microsoft do that so that's why it will take 3more years.

there will still be shitty multiplayer games you can play on your 1080tis for 5-10 years like wow and shit but if you want to play the best graphics games in the next 2-3 years your 1080ti is literally obsolete so eat a dick.

I really don't care so long as AMD's new offerings come with competitive prices, performance per dollar wise. Even if they have nothing to compete with 2080 ti or whatever I don't care since I always buy midrange.

>there will be literally 200-300$ cards in 2022
>"you fucking idiot"

Just shut the fuck up, who wants a 3020 with DDR4 for 200? You don't get what I'm saying, that prices are going way fucking up, because nobody can challenge the prices. And to justify this, they have invented this magical new feature of ray tracing, premium prices for early adopters of this new era, 300-500 dollars, because it was sooooo haaaaard to research!

If you can't see that, then your are an example of their marketing dream, consumers not able to realize that they manipulate the market. you can throw your tinhat conspiracy calls at me all you want, but you can't find any evidence that the Nvidia Game Works hasn't infiltrated DirectX to make sure it favors GTX and now RTX cards. You see lots of reviers and tech enthusiast talking about, but you don't see EA or Microsoft making a single statement saying: "this is completely falls, we're doing no such thing or anything related to that" because that would be lying. They're all hoping that nobody gets access to hard evidence, and drag them all to court. And game developers play it safe, they're not going to say anything, so they can play victims if Nvidia does get in court.

I'm fiddling with that. And looks at this graph, i've made for getting my head around all this. It gets so clear that even while Radeon cards may not be brilliantly designed for games, it cannot be the only fault. The Game Works thing you hear about must have a MASSIVE influence, and absolutely trash Radeon cards.

Attached: TEMP_GFLOPS_pr_MSRP.png (475x289, 8K)

You want the data, for making a better graph yourself? I'm not much of graphical designer, all the values are from Wikipedias articles on the chips, and the inflation is from Bureau of Labor Statistics

>BUT THEN OF THE TEN BOXES OF TEN BOXES I CAN IGNORE THE ONE BOX WITH THE OTHER BOX IS ANOTHER TEN SMALL BOXES OF MY TEN TEN EIGHTY TEA EYE BOXES OF TEN BOXES WITH BOXES OF TRIANGLES AND BOUNDING BOXES SO WE KNOW WHAT BOUNDING BOXES
>SO WHICH ONE OF THE TRIANGLES IS IT
gets me every time

Well now...

Kek, got me good.

Attached: Nvidia Hsun Huang on RTX prices.png (1828x1740, 999K)

Saved

>buying amd rubbish
>ever

Attached: yikes.png (298x322, 205K)

Nice try. Deep inside you know, that it is your fault, that you yourself, have to find 1200 dollars, for your next GPU :)

It's not my fault AMD can't compete at all and I'm forced to buy Nvidia. I'm not going to go with a worse product just to support some company.

Care to actually state what the point of your post is, instead of a vague "well now" ?

Nono, never said that. And if you'll allow me, i do blame that AMD has a very bad Radeon team at the moment. But even more so, is that Nvidia has played dirty for over 10 years, to get to this point.

Jen-Hsun Huang is pissing himself laughing in his office right now, all over the previous ejaculation remains from his very dream coming true: That nobody is competing, and he can just charge people whatever the fuck he want.s

Well now. I dunno. Maybe you should...you know. Read the fucking thread pasted?

we can only hope AMD does a ryzen on graphics cards

STATE YOUR FUCKING POINT, you can provide links and info all you want to support your idea but clearly state it first.
People are not supposed to look at shit and then try to interpret your fucking point that you could state in 5 seconds.
Unless you don't have a point and are just posting shit for shit sake.

They will. But a lot of people thought they would have been ready at this very point, but they seems to be several years from it. Sadly

Attached: RTX2080-FlowChart.jpg (460x487, 35K)

>if you want raytracing
That's OK, I don't. I want performance in normal games way, way more than I want raytracing and if these cards don't deliver on that front for the ridiculous prices they're selling at I won't want these cards at all.

My point is...you are a faggot.

>be me
>work on a photorealistic 3D viewer for cityscapes from official hall of record data
>looks super, except the shadows are where they are because they used an aerial scan for the terrain texture
>colleague of mine "Turn on MXAA! There! Much better!"
>blink
>blink again
>three pixels changed on that edge of the building

I mean I get why you'd strive for the best. But it's my impression that for $500 extra, you only get minute improvements that you only pick up on if you know where to look.

>for $500 extra, you only get minute improvements

You're right sir. This is exactly what's enraging most of us on Jow Forums right now. A lot of people ignored/didn't understand the deal with Nvidia controlling DirectX performance by injecting Game Works into it, but now it shows. AMD has been, hopefully temporarily, cut out of the game, and they're not cashing in with no fear, as people don't have another choice, and are excuse them self with absolutely minute improvements.

Raytracing should have been a nice feature, that got implemented gradually over the years.

So you went from shitposting like a retard to posting links to something unrelated to the actual argument I had.
Great job faggot, you really out did yourself.

Some folks just want to see the world burn. Or Nvidia shills get angry and upset. Mission accomplished.

I have a colleague who gets paid to write his PhD. He "researches" neural networks. That means he writes some code, lets it lose on data, disappears for hours on end, smoking, drinking coffee. Then he evaluates, tweaks a few parameters and runs is again.

A kind of guy like him might evaluate what it's like to have a few cores more on the GPU and if it's worth the extra price, or if you'd rather pack two 1080s into a machine and have even faster results.

>saying that you should use your own brain and realize nvidia would up the prices on the new cards because they can and because idiots will buy them is now "shilling"
So let me get this straight, you are some AMD fanboy who is on a retarded "holy war" and anybody who disagrees with you or points out that you shouldn't shill for adoredTV and should think for yourself to reach such simple conclusions as Nvida is a bunch of jews is a "shill".
God I hate idiots like you, just do the world a favor and stop posting.

Can someone explain what the difference is between a chip and a card is here?

thanks for your post Mr Greenblatt

>Seething.
Cope.

Someone please make a youtube video patching all these actual quotes from the presentation together.

Keep buying Nvidia, I hope they stay a monopoly for centuries.

>Those who have the money, will buy it.
i have money, lots of it. but i won't be buying this hot garbage.

don't buy the nyidia

So, what animation studio do you work for where you're responsible for your own rendering?

another version

Attached: 1532610356527.png (1198x772, 585K)

>animation studio
They have their own render farms or rent them elsewhere. I do architectural visualization.

Yes we know you have moms amazon password.

Brain let detected. Every 1080ti third party was going for $729-$750 at launch

How terrible are the 2060 and 2050ti prices going to be?

Gaymers always buy the nyidia even when the AMD offerings were equal or better. This has been 10 years in the making ever since the Radeon 3000-4000 series. If manchildren have to pay more their toys then that's good, they deserve it.

RTG merely a supplier for Sony and MS nowadays. People who care about their PC games buy NVIDIA, brown people, poorfags and console gamers buy AMD.

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1586, 1.77M)

>Gaymers always buy the nyidia even when the AMD offerings were equal or better.
Nope, way back when, AMD GPUS and CPUS were better, I bought them. When the tipping point happened and Nvidia or Intel offered a better deal I chose them. If AMD manages to come up with better GPUS than nvidia I will get it, if they manage to get better CPUS for gaming I will get them.
I have zero company loyalty and always get the best bang for buck.
If everybody was like me we wouldn't have this problem.

>R9 290x released an was sort of okay once kepler started being phased out by nvidia
Hawaii was an amazing card that aged extremely well which only problem was terrible stock coolers. The power consumption does hurt, but only if you run that shit 24/7 at load, you won't notice shit otherwise.

>Fury x released and was shit
Nah, it was a good card. Nvidia just knew and stole all their lightning with the 980Ti. Losing to it does not make it shit, how is being the second fastest card at the time for consumers shit?

>rx 480 released and was a generation behind
Huh? RX480 is a great GPU. It goes neck and neck with Nvidia's 1060, exchanging blows but now Nvidia at the lead.

>vega 64 released and was genuinely pathetic
Agreed, AMD just stopped caring at this point. Even when they released competitive products several generations, they still got outsold massively by mindshare and FUD with drivers. Primitive shaders never came and it's being beat by the 1080, a significantly smaller die GPU. Vega 56 isn't bad however. If you got one at the release price, then it was a solid buy considering you had freesync as the alternative.

tl;dr AMD has always had competitive products, but the people want Nvidia.

Thanks user.
I'm so glad he tried to do a tech brief to gamers.

Because do you know people who are into tech? Almost always they have no understanding of business and market values (how much a thing should be worth).
They definitely aren't going to understand that how competitive markets benefit consumers.

Maybe it's because more and more gamers and techies are lonelier and lonelier? But it makes them latch on to companies (for some dumb fucking reason) and identify with them, the way you'd identify with a community. They're linked together and share a sense of togetherness through their adoption of a piece of tech, making them a bit less lonely. I don't know. It's fucked. It seems pretty fucking common sense that hardware monopolies aren't a good thing in regardless to niche tech products.

You're the not the "average" gaymer, you're enthusiasts level and more aware of the options available. The best selling card of this generation is the 1060, followed by the 1050ti. They sit in the sweat spot of performance per dollar and make up the majority of sales. Most of the people buying these cards don't even consider the AMD options or even know they exist. I guarantee that if their were too cards that are completely identical performance wise but one is green, the other red, the green one will sell many more units thanks to it's branding.

Do you guys think that prices on the 10 series will come down? Not super impressed by this release. I want to get a 1080ti now for deep learning, but want to time it right in order to get the best price. When do you guys think I should buy? Do GPU prices come down during black friday?

Let Nvidia fags stew in their own shit and wonder why the prices are so high that they cannot afford them anymore. Who knows. They may even learn from it and give Nvidia some backlash (fat chance).