Mobile security

Does anyone else carry around a tails USB and a "PC clean up" USB for when friends and family beg you to fix their PC's?

Attached: Tails-logo-flat-inverted.svg.png (678x270, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tails.boum.org/doc/index.en.html
stallman.org/archives/2006-may-aug.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump for interest

ive never used tails, how does it store state gpg keys etc

bump

if you need anything to persist, you create a second partition on the usb drive to store it.

tails.boum.org/doc/index.en.html

This will answer almost any question you have.

>tails
use heads, you fucking plebian

/thread
System d helps the alphbets

Let me get right on that

>Choosing a worse distro to NOT have System D.

The absolute level of faggotry on this site.

>Another important thing is that heads uses only free software, while Tails continues using non-free software. Non-free software can not be audited and as such cannot guarantee you security or anonymity.
fucking nu-Jow Forums

Isn't system D botnet though?

>Proprietary software can't be audited
The state of Jow Forums.

please tell me you are pretending to be retarded just to get a rise out of me

Why not just decompile it with e.g IDA and check that? It will be more work, but most code probably won't be obfuscated.

My friends and family know that for me to fix their shit machine, they bring it by my place with some food or liquor.
I tend to not carry a flash drive since they are very much not allowed at my workplace.

I’m assuming this relates to whether the kernel has blobs or not. If so, that’s actually a benefit to using tails. Heads might be good if you’re just using it on your own freetard PC, but if you can’t be sure of the compatibility of the hardware you would be using this on, then tails would be way better. Good luck finding a laptop with the exact Atheros chipset that works without blobs in a pinch.

What about a livecd? Do they allow you to have CDs?

No. One guy was caught smuggling a music CD in his ass, he was instantly arrested.

I woul rather have USB with multiboot instead. One can be used as a rescue OS , other as a tails os and the third one as a portable working OS.
Is this shit possible?

>when friends and family beg you to fix their PC's
"Buy a Mac."

Fixing Winshit PCs for computer illiterate people is like building a sandcastle next to the sea, during a rain storm. Why the fuck would you bother?

No personal media allowed.
Mostly to prevent people from bringing in spyware/virus/AIDS riddled disks/drives from their shit filled home computers and then inserting them into gov computers.
Not allowed to even plug in any sort of USB removable storage.

There's also the thing were Manning or Snowden(?) leaked tons of data by burning it to disks and then labeling those disks "Lady Gaga". They don't really search us at my work tho so you could easily get disks in and out... not worth the risk though.

I wish building security strip searched me.
I've been trying to get a prostate massage for months now.

I don't use tails but I do keep a windows install flash drive around for "fixing" their bullshit

I'll be running on a 32-bit computer the next months (we'll be expecting a raid soon, and my 64-bit PC I can't afford to lose), so I can't run an updated Tails anymore. This leaves me with the need of getting another OS.
Does 'heads' give me the possibility for having persistence on a partition, and will it even run on a 32-bit?

no, this is a fake meme. if rms uses it then you know it's ok, systemd is fully open source, there's no "botnet" in it

Firefox is fully open source and Stallman doesn’t use it. Not all open source software is ethical.

Stallman said systemd met the standards of ethical software.

he also said kid fucking is ok:
stallman.org/archives/2006-may-aug.html
> I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.

Fuck off with your shitty bait. If you read deeper into that it's about teenagers being able to consent. Look at all the 14/15yo boys who bang their teacher, it was consensual which is what he was referencing.

I see what he's getting at, but he fails to take into account that there is a significant imbalance in implicit power and authority between say, a 14 year old and a 24 year old.
Any normal 24 year old might be physically attracted to a 14 year old with a mature body, but the 14 year old doesn't really have the ability to not be taken advantage of.

So it's ethical when a 14 year old boy has sex with his teacher (power imbalance), but when a 14 year old girl has sex with her male teacher, it's cried as rape?

you're just jelly you didn't get to bang a hot teacher when you were 14

>Look at all the 14/15yo boys who bang their teacher
Holy fuck did you unironically pick this as an example?

who are you, the example police?

I was giving Stallman the benefit of the doubt, but when you threw that out as an example of how he's actually right... I mean.... wtf bro

The ancient Greeks also believed sexual maturity was younger than 18, in many cases in ancient times it was usually 10 to 13. Go back to 19th century Victorian England with your "ethics"

The ancient Greeks had a pretty crappy society, so why would their opinion on fucking kids be overly relevant?

Top-tier argument.

>"Ed, I don't think Lady Gaga has recorded 8 DVDs' worth of music"
>"Concert bootlegs"
>"ooohhhh, never mind then"

>there is a significant imbalance in implicit power and authority between say, a 14 year old and a 24 year old
If there wasn't there wouldn't be a fetish around it for fucks sake, are we going to observe the wetness of water now

I carry my pc cleaning/formatting tools in my car EVERYTIME I go visit my family. They just get an insane amount of viruses. They also get their phones full of adware too, because they let the kids borrow them and they tap on every single game ad.

He does look like the kinda guy who would sit there and watch smuggled crowd recordings of Lady Gaga.

>They also get their phones full of adware too, because they let the kids borrow them and they tap on every single game ad.
>Android

Is it really better in Apple land? They still have app ads and shovelware everywhere. My uncle actually asked me if iPads are more secure for kids since he found out my 6yo (female) cousin had installed a videochat app she found in an ad and was worried about pedos and stuff.

Why did you feel the need to specify your cousin's sex?

idk but it made me hard

i'm rich and bought my friends and family macs so they don't have problems anymore

There are obviously tons of crappy apps too but it's much harder to catch actual malware due the whole closed garden thing.

>she found in an ad and was worried about pedos and stuff
Pedos can abuse basically any videochap app, so not much do be done about that with any OS, sans of teaching kids to be critical and not to give away personal data ever.

Pedos on videochat apps are a big problem with little girls.