Why are you not using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, user? It's literally perfect

Why are you not using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, user? It's literally perfect.

>no telemetry
>no windows store or UWP by default
>gets all security updates
>updates can be deferred indefinably, giving you full control, no forced reboots
>beautiful clear type font rendering
>impossible for you to buy, so you need to pirate, not giving microsoft a dime

Why use Linux at all? If you're on x86 your PC is a botnet anyhow thanks to board management controllers like the Intel Management Engine or the AMD Platform Security Processor. Open source software is worthless if you are on propitiatory firmware. Until RISC-V saves us, there is literally no reason not to use the best OS on the platform, if you are stuck with x86.

Attached: winver2.png (482x451, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-au/accessibility/windows10upgrade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok, I'll use it, can you link me to the source code so I can compile it myself?
>Linux
Why are you comparing a kernel to a full OS?

I got a librebooted thinkpad, no IME for me! enjoy your botnet faggot!

also where are you supposed to get an LTSB license? Don't tell me you pirated an ISO?

7 still works next to Lunix.

>running pirated windows to avoid the botnet
what a fucking idiot

Why do you want to compile your kernel aside from a security standpoint?

There is no escape. x86 IS the botnet.

>>no telemetry
just like any other windows if you tweak a few things.
>>no windows store or UWP by default
yay a feature removed, I'm so happy
>>gets all security updates
just like other windows versions.
>>updates can be deferred indefinably, giving you full control, no forced reboots
just like literally any other windows except the other win10s
>>beautiful clear type font rendering
all of my disgust.jpeg
>>impossible for you to buy, so you need to pirate, not giving microsoft a dime
you cna pirate any other windows too

The only usable windows today is 7. And when it dies, I'm using 8. LTSB is a falied abortion, the worst of 7 (no repository, slow startup) and the worst of 10 (everything else). Only idiots use Win10 LGBT

But you have a botnet on your botnet

>no telemetry
that's what you believe :^)
isn't UWP an integrated feature of windows since 8?

i use something better anyway

Attached: :^).png (645x366, 56K)

No. I use a non infested version of KMS Pico. The hashcode of each LTSB ISO are known, so you just need to compare it to what ever you just downloaded to confirm that you are in the clear.

>just like any other windows if you tweak a few things.
You can not disable telemetry on Window 10 Pro. Blocking the IP addresses does not count.

>yay a feature removed, I'm so happy
I still installed the store manually, because I really like the UWP picture viewer.

>slow startup
I can boot faster from my NVMe SSD, then my system can POST.

If the fundamental level is already compromised, you have already lost. One botnet is all it takes. Having control over the firmware is everything. Modern firmware does so much it is basically an OS itself, relegating the real OS to the status of a mere application, which shit like ACPI and UEFI PI.

Hackintosh is a dead meme.

>no uwp
>he wants all of his programs to access everything on his system without any regard
YIKES

user, that's UAC...

Attached: 1510021759653.jpg (600x645, 62K)

>If the fundamental level is already compromised, you have already lost.

So, why not run stock windows then, if you've already lost?

>aside from a security standpoint
If security isn't a valid reason then post your bank information here
>Why do you want to compile your kernel?
Not kernel, whole OS.

Because I don't want forced reboots and microsoft removing features. For instance, the Fall Creators Updates removed the "Open Commandline" button from the ribbon bar, with the intent of forcing everyone to use the powershell. I hate shit like that. I want my OS to stay the same and not get my configuration or workflow messed up by updates that I did not even consent to.

Linux does not protect against the fact that there is a full TCP/IP stack running at Ring 0.

Why would I use a buggy ass, unstable version of an unstable OS

it's both, uwp apps allow for granular controls, much like we've grown used to on mobile systems

>Linux does not protect against the fact that there is a full TCP/IP stack running
funny mine doesn't do that
>at Ring 0
use GNU Hurd

Attached: 1511021741136.png (479x147, 22K)

>horrible rainbowtype font smearing
fix'd it for ya

Attached: 1532302834870-v.png (720x544, 284K)

Powershell is superior to cmd in every single way possible.

Takes longer to start. On my NVMe drive it is fine, but on my old regular SSD it took like 2 seconds to load.

>no telemetry
Wrong.
>updates can be deferred indefinably
Wrong.
>indefinably
Pajeet English.
Windows has the worst font rendering of any OS I've ever seen.
>Why use Linux at all?
It works and has better file system options than NTFS and FAT shit. It also doesn't thrash the shit out of my SSDs.
>If you're on x86 your PC is a botnet anyhow thanks to board management controllers like the Intel Management Engine
What is me_cleaner?
>Open source software is worthless if you are on propitiatory firmware
Wrong.
>Until RISC-V saves us
It won't. POWER is here and it's totally open source.

>Wrong.
Not wrong. You are just too retarded to use the group policy editor properly.

>Windows has the worst font rendering of any OS I've ever seen.
This has to be some sort of irrational bias. Clear Type is literally perfect if you don't have a retina display and along as you don't rotate your monitor 90°.

>It works and has better file system options than NTFS and FAT shit.
There are ext4 drivers for windows.

>What is me_cleaner?
I'm on Ryzen.

>It won't. POWER is here and it's totally open source.
Then show me your sick Talos 2 workstation, user.

>What is me_cleaner?

You can't gut ME out of more recent Intel processors

>"It doesn’t come with the Windows Store, Cortana, or Microsoft Edge browser. It also omits other Microsoft apps like Calendar, Camera, Clock, Mail, Money, Music, News, OneNote, Sports, and Weather"
Sounds perfect, unfortunately only businesses can buy it.

>librebooted thinkpad
*gets owned by spectre*

Just use plain enterprise
Ltsb is a meme

>paying for windows

>group policy editor
It doesn't work. Windows will reset your edits and update itself anyways.

>Clear Type is literally perfect if you don't have a retina display and along as you don't rotate your monitor 90°
So I can't have a 4k display and rotate it when I want to have more vertical space for editing text? Wew lad, what a cope.

>There are ext4 drivers for windows.
Not what I'm asking for, Pajeet. You can only use NTFS for the boot disk and NTFS is trash. And no, I don't want some shitty hacked on third party EXT4 garbage. I want XFS on my SSDs for the best performance.

>I'm on Ryzen.
Buy a board that allows you disable the PSP.

>Then show me your sick Talos 2 workstation, user.
Not an argument.

Works on my Sandy Bridge machines.

>It doesn't work. Windows will reset your edits and update itself anyways.
I disabled all updates since Janurary and it never forced me to install or even download them.

>>Buy a board that allows you disable the PSP.
>trusting propriety firmware to disable the botnet just because you ask nicely
You are more retarded then I thought.

>So I can't have a 4k display and rotate it when I want to have more vertical space for editing text?
You can disable/enable/tweak clear type for each display individually.

>I disabled all updates since Janurary
Oh boy, you'll be in for a good time if any Poojeet ever decides to put up some malicious JS on a web page that exploits shitty x86 CPU extensions. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to block all kernel updates.

>trusting propriety firmware to disable the botnet just because you ask nicely
Wow, you really are a massive fucking dolt.

>You can disable/enable/tweak clear type for each display individually.
Bitmapped fonts look nicer and don't need to be fucked with and reconfigured when I turn my screen a certain direction.

Can I turn my Windows 10 Pro into LTSB without reinstalling?

No.

What does /v/ have to do with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB?

>Oh boy, you'll be in for a good time if any Poojeet ever decides to put up some malicious JS on a web page that exploits shitty x86 CPU extensions. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to block all kernel updates.
Nice goalpost moving, faggot. You claimed that it was impossible to disable updates, I provide an anecdote that I managed to do so and you promptly shift gears to something entirely different.

>Bitmapped fonts
HAHAHAHAHA. What year is this? 1980?

>Wow, you really are a massive fucking dolt.
Not an argument. If the PSP really is a botnet, the option to disable it can not be trusted.

>>Bitmapped fonts
>HAHAHAHAHA. What year is this? 1980?
I think you're jealous of my perfect font rendering. Enjoy your blurry trash.
>>Wow, you really are a massive fucking dolt.
>Not an argument. If the PSP really is a botnet, the option to disable it can not be trusted.
Not an argument. If Windows really is a botnet, the registry edits cannot be trusted.

Attached: 1531165095406.png (967x593, 24K)

>no telemetry
Have you actually read the settings? Enterprise sends shit too.
Is this a Jow Forums humour thread?

At least pirate bros are the good guys and offer me a free product. Also you can download a clean botnet iso and just use KMS if you're that paranoid.

>f Windows really is a botnet, the registry edits cannot be trusted.
You faggots forget who Enterprise is aimed for. MS might not give a fuck about your consumer ass but they absolutely can't afford pissing off companies by lying to them about settings.

Yes they can, in fact in modern times they call the telemetry a feature and use it as an excuse to raise the price. Gotta keep the lights on in those datacenters to store all the competitor's sensitive sales data that you scraped off their work computers that you have complete control over.

Google banned Windows on their campuses for a reason. The whole "Enterprise" label is just that, a label. It's used for marketing and you fell for it.

This.

Attached: your_pc_ran.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

>in fact in modern times they call the telemetry a feature and use it as an excuse to raise the price
Sure, the point is that if they claim that they disable it if you change shit in gpedit, they actually have to unless they want to risk consequences. Probably why they changed the option to basic, so they are honest these days.

Wasn't it more down to MS being a bloated, buggy mess? Plus obviously a push away from enterprise being so used to MS shit which is harmful for a company like Google that attempts to join the party.

>The whole "Enterprise" label is just that, a label. It's used for marketing and you fell for it.
It's less about a label and more about a difference of response and responsibility. It's cheaper for them to be honest with their enterprise customers than getting sued the fuck out by them and ruining their reputation if it turns out they were lying.

Microsoft is not an operating system. If I wanted to hear this sort of inane normalfaggot drivel I'd call my parents. Now reformat your shit and try again.

>being this pedantic
Sounds like you spend too much time with your parents already.

>hugely outdated API and UI framework that dates back to the 80s
>horrible font rendering that once ran in the kernel but is today ran by emulating a kernel driver through a completely separate process (fontdrvhost.exe)
>UI theme is just flat boxes without shadows or shading
>horrible console "subsystem"
>bloated and often bad drivers when compared to modern Linux
>does NOT respect my freedom
>outdated and slow filesystem that lacks half the features of APFS or ext4
>30 years of legacy crap preserved solely for compatibility
>file manager built on top of said outdated UI framework that doesn't even support tabs
>no package management
>less support for common file formats (see: .webm, .mkv, .tar, .7z) and network protocols (see: NFS, SSHFS)
>often slower than Linux in both benchmarks and real-world usage
>several parts of the OS are built to intentionally be hostile to the user (see: installer overwriting MBR/EFI partition, setting the default to Edge after every update and showing popups on a regular basis asking the user to switch back)
>no spinning desktop cube

Attached: 1449170292732.jpg (1114x876, 280K)

You sound like you came from reddit.

Clearly talking from your vast experience as a regular poster from there, eh?

Says the Windows LGBT Enterprise (Totally Not a Botnet) Edition shill.

Attached: 1519934356246.png (1110x590, 572K)

Prove it is. Surely a company would've sued them long ago, it's out for like 3 years.

They are a business. The only consequence to them is if customers stop buying their products and switch to mac or linux. But this isn't happening because the general public has bought up this "analytics-based cloud computing" shit by the truckload. So they will continue to suffer 0 consequence and get away with whatever they want.

We're not talking about the average "I have nothing to hide" idiot, these will accept everything. MS's main business are companies, who do care about security of their data and if Windows truly was a botnet, they would switch even if there was a slight concern.

Too bad linux sucks and im forced to use shitdows forever (Sony Vegas, FLStudio, etc, no proper Linux replacements)

I wonder what im going to do when they drop support for Win7

MX is more comfy

Attached: lmaoBotnet.png (1252x701, 421K)

>Prove it is. Surely a company would've sued them long ago
You dump ape monkey nigger, that shit is right there in their fucking EULA. Maybe you should read things before clicking accept, stupid baboon.

Attached: f130911ca384c943ff8801abbbc53d8557ff5f81fe008a5082fc79d84244e02e.jpg (884x667, 261K)

let's suppose I installed LTSB
how do I activate it?

The EULA is kept pretty wide as is the general practice, and with a minimal knowhow you'd understand why the stuff is there without any botnet motives.

KMS, though make sure you find a clean download.

>make sure you find a clean download.
that's the part I am concerned about

Because I have Windows 10 Pro
>no telemetry
Done
Removed
>gets all security updates
Yes
>updates can be deferred indefinably, giving you full control, no forced reboots
Done
??
>impossible for you to buy, so you need to pirate, not giving microsoft a dime
I told them I was retarded and they gave me windows 10 for free
Serious
microsoft.com/en-au/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Attached: 1413496220218.jpg (560x427, 30K)

I think you should read the EULA, nigger. It's not "broad for no reason". It's pretty specific about what data they collect and what access the have to your system, and why they do it. Now go back to r*ddit, you retarded shitstain boot licker.

Attached: 26ca03f2eb956ff2967c94f2e343e465f88638eb09e4d1d1a3a4e808a3dc48c4.png (541x399, 142K)

I've recently come into possession of a legit LTSB key, I plan to revive my Windows desktop after letting it languish for 3 years. My two main systems are running Arch and OS X 10.9.5 respectively.

Attached: 1485076450343.jpg (720x720, 86K)

My nigga, do you even know what they are for and how much they are worth legally?

>It's pretty specific about what data they collect and what access the have to your system
They obviously need the rights for the people who opt in for the full telemetry shit, there is nothing controversial here, just like cloud providers need the rights to access your data to transfer and store it. Most of the dumb shit is limited to their store and xbone live crap, where they have much tighter control.

Alright fuckos, here's the deal:

Grab the W10 LTSB 1607 iso (not the N version if you want to play/watch anything at all).
>"1607?! h-huh?!"
(LTSC 2019 isn't out until Sept. user..)
Use MSMG Toolkit to remove whatever-the-fuck you don't want in your system (or to insert things such as .NET 3.5 so you don't need to install that manually when you decide to format for the hundreth time...), then once you've got that out of the way and you're happy with your paranoia, boot that shit up. Hopefully at this point you haven't fucked anything, and you're at your desktop - open gpedit and remember to set telemetry to "0", following with whatever tweaks that are out on the web which you're fond of; install the MS Store if you need it (yes it's possible protip: google) then finally relax and marvel at your frankensteined creation.

Now user, was that /so/ hard?

>non infested version of KMS Pico
Where to get?

Because the kernel is the only nontrivial piece of software on a system, and thus is the only important distinguishing factor.

I was lucky enough to get it with my Office 2016 download. Search around stuff like rutracker and read the comments.

>Why use Linux at all?
>Until RISC-V saves us, there is literally no reason not to use the best OS on the platform
Seems you answered your own question, faget.

Attached: op-12.png (200x1133, 284K)

MTK
t. user of 2015 LTSB

Almost nothing in that list is true.

>group policy editor
Read the telemetry setting again. It still sends data on Enterprise

>not setting your telemetry destination to 0.0.0.0

>malicious JS on a web page that exploits shitty x86 CPU extensions
Bounds check bypassing wasn't and won't be fixed in the OS or microcode, but with ugly workarounds in the JS engines. It pretty much can't be fixed without either turning off speculative execution altogether, or by JITting the code with tricks that decrease its performance by an order of magnitude.

Cause it's missing Linux Subsystem for Windows 10. I just use education edition and it works perfectly.

No they would not. These companies are just as vulnerable to shady sales tactics as anyone else. If they weren't then microsoft would not be in business.

only because i play minecraft on xbox live with my friends

Oh shit thanks, I almost switched from Pro.

Just wait for LTSB 2019.

And then some new shit for windows 10 will be out. I didn't get windows 10 to be outdated, I got it to have the latest features.

Enjoy your forced reboots.

I prefer Windows XP Gold Edition, the patrician's OS choice

Attached: Microsoft-Windows-XP-Gold-Edition-SP3-2016-Review-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 176K)

Doesn't work with Adobe XD. :(

>actively choosing to use outdated security on operating system targeted by most exploits
ok OP good luck

Haven't had one in 2 years. Are you too much of a brainlet to configure your OS?

>Why don't you want to jump through hoops to get these features you could also get without hassles
I wonder why

>Not Server 2016

I'm sure there are plenty of SME's willing to take Windows 10 who are not too aware of what they're signing up to.

My place has about 250k users: 50k Desktops/Laptops, 20k Hp Moonshot Win 7 and 180k Server 2012 RDP licences. We're only planning on upgrading users only to Moonshot Windows 7, and only if they really need it.

There's no need to push Windows 10 in the enterprise any time soon and if we did we would definitely be pushing whichever LTS exists at the time the decision is made.

When you have that many users you do not need to be changing the experience regularly. It would be a logistical nightmare to support the endless 'I used to click here yesterday but today the option has gone'.

that guy that claims he has stoped updates since jan with GPedit is lieing he has stoped them since june … no one lasts longer than 2-3month trust me I know. you need LTSB to stop updates a new version is out in 30days and will be supported till 2028 which is good because windows will do some retarded things till then. you will prob only have to upgrade for dx13 and even that will prob never come because xbox is dead.

Because I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise already.

I think quite a few big businesses would have the know-how to find that out

Bullshit.
I stopped updates for over a year because I forgot and never bothered.
Enabled them in April to get the spectre patch, and it fucking took out my tcp/ip stack and took days of troubleshooting to fix it.

Is Windows really this terrible? Is this true?

>no telemetry
There is and as far as I know, there is no way to completely stop Windows 10 telemetry on any version because that would involve removing Cortana (which you can't on ANY version of Windows)
>>no windows store or UWP by default
Removing Windows Store causes more problems than it solves because half of the legacy drivers you'll need to make pre-2012 devices work are pulled from the Windows Store over Windows Update.
Clearly you don't use more than two monitors with different scaling (and Windows 10 does custom scaling randomly, so shit gets blurry for no fucking reason)
>so you need to pirate
Why bother? Keeping this piece of shit OS running like Window 7 takes too much effort thanks to all the bloatware and unnecessary shit Microsoft jammed in. For instance, why the fuck does Windows 10 Enterprise come with advertisements in the start menu and Xbox Gaming? You can remove both by Group Policy, but why the fuck are they left in there to begin with?

Enterprise 2015 has none of these issues

As was already mentioned the ones that have figured it out have their own OS and ban windows in their offices.

Either:
>i am a retard who cant use gpedit
Or:
>i am a retard who cant tell the difference between ent and ltsb
Impossible to tell through its incoherence - though it's a retard regardless.

Attached: 1352402985280.jpg (300x295, 24K)

Is macOS botnet?

I use pro because i am a professional

>>no telemetry
Still has some, I always have to block shit through the firewall because of that.

>LGBT
placebo autism
also no edge, unironically the best browser on winblows

Saving for one of those. Just 2 more pay cheques and I'm getting a new i9 MBP. I'll just use my Windoze for games since it's really a toy.

Windows is good. Linux fags are just trying to push their agenda