Systemd Appreciation Thread

How many of you realize that the reason GNU/Linux has become increasingly more accessible in the past five years is because of systemd?
How many of you realize that if it weren't for systemd, you'd probably had given up trying to configure your Arch rices to post in desktop threads in the first week?
how many of you realize that without systemd setting some semblance of standard for the vastly scattered GNU/Linux community, valve would never even bother to touch the mess that it would still be?
This is the year of the GNU/Linux desktop, and you have systemd to thank, so say something nice about it.

Attached: systemd.png (600x400, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1696055855739350561
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As far as systemd vs. init is concerned, I'm in the "Don't give a fuck either way" category. The only thing I don't like is when people spread disinformation about systemd, like that it's somehow backdoored because it supports Speck as an add-on feature.

I don't think the average Linux user cares.

That said, systemd does make things easier for advanced users.

>we have systemd to thank for year of the GNU/Linux desktop
No, we have valve to thank steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1696055855739350561

The average user is fed Jow Forums memes about how systemd is going to brick their desktop and let the NSA spy on them, while ignoring anything positive it provides to the OS.

ok poettering

>how many of you realize that without systemd setting some semblance of standard for the vastly scattered GNU/Linux community, valve would never even bother to touch the mess that it would still be?

What's it like not being able to read?

Attached: CopyQ.nS2051.png (288x278, 6K)

>Linux has become increasingly more accessible in the past five years is because of systemd
Literally how?

common standards, greater compatibility between distros, more elements of the OS are more likely to work together as they're built under the same umbrella.

>>mass adoption of a standard is good for accessibility
>Literally how
Are you daft?

tl;dr: autistic shill thread
- shitstemd doesn't work
- potring killed by islamic terrorists when

1/10 made me reply.

Devuan
>Where's your 'God' now

Attached: A4nn2du.jpg (512x512, 47K)

>How many of you realize that the reason GNU/Linux has become increasingly more accessible in the past five years is because of systemd?
none because it isn't true, systemd is a tool for devops engineers to manage services
>if it weren't for systemd, you'd probably had given up trying to configure your Arch rices to post in desktop threads in the first week
actually my gnu/linux desktop worked fine 15 years ago
>without systemd valve would never even bother to touch the mess that it would still be?
neither wine or any graphics drivers have a dependency on systemd

before: write a sysvinit file, ship on all distros
after: write a systemd unit file, ship on all distros

>let's take the previous "standards" that worked just fine and replace them with an unaudited monolithic behemoth that works like shit half the time
N O R M I E S
G E T

We hate you pottering there is nothing you can do about it

where does the idea that systemd isn't audited come from? It's all right there on github. It's large sure, but auditing the specific components isn't impossible in the slightest. Plus there are all the devs who actually write the code, devs who actively chose to work on FOSS projects rather than anyone paid by any corporations.

rrrRReeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I do believe you are focusing on the lesser point, good sir.

Elaborate.

>monolithic behemoth that works like shit half the time
Did you not read anything after 'unaudited'?

Attached: md328.jpg (490x353, 64K)

Attached: 1499283101325.jpg (610x405, 49K)

Attached: systemd-because-we-can-imgflip-com-top-reason-to-use-systemd-31054279.png (500x579, 150K)