64 core cpu running at 4GHz all core

INTEL BTFO
10NM BTFO
7NM IS THE NEW KING

Attached: 15348889515611201000616.jpg (2560x1280, 647K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13252/hot-chips-2018-nanotubes-as-dram-by-nantero-live-blog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's real powerful I wonder if it'll actually work

>Out-of-Order execution with Compiler
Looks like a huge scam, pushing all the problems to the compiler just makes for compilers that are impossible to optimize

Everyone already learned this shit with VLIW.

:22PM EDT - Multiple interested and engaged customers

06:23PM EDT - Integer Datapath is in place - currently limited by speed of SRAMs

06:23PM EDT - Q&A time

06:26PM EDT - Q: I feel like deja vu - at Hot Chips, Intel introduced VLIW-concept Itanium that pushed complexity onto the compiler. I see traces of that here. What are you doing to avoid the Itanium traps? How will you avoid IP from Intel? A: Itanium was in-order VLIW, hope people will build compiler to get perf. We came from opposite direction - we use dynamic scheduling. We are not VLIW, every node defines sub-graphs and dependent instructions. We designed the compiler first. We build hardware around the compiler, Intel approach the opposite.

06:27PM EDT - Q: You mention emulation for x86. What kind of penalty in performance? A: About 40% performance loss. Significant because our customer didn't want us to invest in that, as 90% of their software will be natively compiled by next year. It's a temporary deployment. Binary 4.0 GHz emulated still outperforms 2.5 GHz Xeon

06:28PM EDT - Q: How do you dodge the patents in place in this? A: We building a new beast. Our tech is significantly different. This is America

Anandtech sauce

It's just RISC, not much different than ARM

is this a fucking joke presentation or actual slides? i can't believe someone with at least minor brain activity actually put those words in there on purpose

They are making retardly optimistic claims without even working silicon. Fucking scam.

I don't think they're bullshitting, this silicon will actually exist, and will deliver the performance they claim.
The only caveat is in what software they reach that performance.

They can claim to out perform a Xeon core because their arch here is a massive vector processor. They're expecting developers to take advantage of highly ordered instructions with enormous execution requirements.

It'll probably find some niche uses like IBM's Z

Attached: 15348893435311642752241.jpg (2560x1280, 703K)

THANK YOU, BASED TACHYUM!

ALL INTEL, AMD, POWER, SPARC. RISCV AND ARMFAGS BTFO!

Not so fast
Fujitsu banzai! New ARMv8-A SVE banzai!

Attached: 1534898412415400217704.jpg (2560x1280, 807K)

NEC showed off a new big boy vector engine as well. Big vector processor along with a scalar processor.
Has some devent performance vs an Nvidia card at a better price point.

Everything is super wide SIMD and vectors now.

Attached: 15349002157412047185705.jpg (2560x1280, 705K)

I'm going to sound like a brainlet for this, but aren't vectors just 3 coordinates? Why would that require massive computing power??

tofu controller
tofu interconnect

Attached: 1336590871620.png (679x427, 14K)

Its big brain shit for a certain class of instructions.
SIMD is a type of vector workload, but just a narrow subset with single instructions driving each op.
There are a bunch of different types of instructions you can run on a pure vector engine. Just like there are different integer and floating point instructions. Different approaches for accomplishing things yield different levels of time efficiency and power per op.

>chinks lie
what else is new?

That pipe isn't to scale right? I'd be so sorry for them if they somehow managed to make integer/byte shit take as long as floating point.

anandtech.com/show/13252/hot-chips-2018-nanotubes-as-dram-by-nantero-live-blog

This is probably the most interesting and game changing technology shown at Hot Chips this year.
The density, front end compatibility with DRAM, high density, good thermal characteristics due to materials, better throughput efficiency, this Nantube memory could actually replace all conventional DRAM. It might be the future of low power high bandwidth memory standards.
It would instantly kill off Optane, and may kill of NAND for storage.

Nah, thats not to scale showing pipeline stages. Its just the block features.

Attached: 15348737545771300476022.jpg (2560x1280, 585K)

Serious question: how relevant are the these chips without x86 support? Aren't these essentially limited to running Unix-like operating systems, thus limiting their usefulness as CPUs for desktop?

Attached: question.png (299x299, 3K)

No one cares about Windows when they're running a scientific workload or running a mainframe.

>how relevant are the these chips without x86 support?
Very, just not for desktop applications, not using x86 allows them to avoid all Intel licensing schemes and produce the processor cheaper.

Nah, the exact opposite and ARM proved that pushing those "problems" to the compiler is the correct answer. x86 on the other hand is a heaping pile of shit

Aren't ARM's little cores still in order? The first ARMv8 A53 little cores were an in order 8 stage pipeline. Not sure if they kept with the trend.
Those were quite a solid and well lived design.

>ARM proved
Wat. All high-performance ARM cores are out-of-order.

They make in-order cores for lower-performance, more power/area-sensitive applications, like the Cortex-A53, and out-of-order cores for higher-performance applcations, like the Cortex-A57, A75 or A76.

>We are not VLIW, every node defines sub-graphs and dependent instructions.
>Faster than Xeon, smaller than ARM
Really sounds like snake oil, senpai.

lolno, every fast ARM core is out-of-order

TACHYUM

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

The little cores are in order.
Stop posting.

>the little cores
lmao what the fuck are you going to run on those

Scalar one data , 1
Vectorial several like one array or data vector [1,2,3]

Usually supercomputer begin vectorial data, take vector data and transform it.

Attached: 1503688670333.jpg (1200x803, 141K)

>64 core cpu running at 4GHz all core
BASED AND REDPILLED
KIKETEL SHILLS AND THEIR DISEASED JIZZ GARBAGE CPUS ARE FINISHED

Attached: 1527690603812.jpg (494x345, 29K)

>AyyyMD shill piggybacking off another company
(lol

>unlimited write endurance
that's interesting

Attached: 1503565621040.jpg (1440x1080, 809K)

>DDR5

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

I bet this is what Hitler was using.

ARM, right?

oy vey

>4ghz
someone tell me i didnt time travel back to 2008

did you forget the 64 core part on purpose, intel shill?

did you have 64 cores all running at 4GHz in 2008?

>4ghz

Attached: spanish_guy__quot_el_risitas_quot__laughing_jockey__9752_0.jpg (727x475, 31K)

oh look, the intel defense force has arrived

Attached: 1528222249083.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

A
FUCKING
CHILLER

Attached: untitled-2.png (515x424, 294K)

>4000mhz

Attached: raja-koduri-formal-high-res_678x452.jpg (678x484, 28K)

Can someone explain very fast why are NM so important?

INTLEL SHILLS BUTTMAD DISEASED XEPOO ARE DOA FOR ETERNITY

pootel's future is so bright, it's like poo catching on fire

higher clocks without increasing power draw, or lower power consumption at the same clocks as before

>
>tofu controller
>tofu interconnect
Ahahahhahahahh! Hory shit da funny!!!

>4ghz
>prodigy

Attached: allisonertelt.png (699x485, 456K)

>he does it for free

lol

it's just one salty intlel shill

> (OP)
>Serious question: how relevant are the these chips without x86 support? Aren't these essentially limited to running Unix-like operating systems, thus limiting their usefulness as CPUs for desktop?

The person with the answers is always, and always be Alan Cox.

With a custom compiler, they will perform very well, for the exact task they are designed for.

They are not designed to run x86/Windows, but they will of course run linux.

IBMz? No, not even in emulation. IBMz has their own architecture

You see how the CPUs are arraigned in a grid? Any grid deeper than 4 wide, will be custom software. Massive pipeline. This is just a design spec, they are probably just doing first silicon, and its... crap.

You have a Knights bridge? Me neither, but I have a couple of dual Xeons.

btw, the Xeon core is *nothing* special, which leads me to believe that this is complete and utter hype. Xeons achieve they speed with larger caches. No magic

Attached: Death-of-Dennard-Scaling-and-Moores-Law-768x564.png (768x564, 241K)

underrated

the guy is probably protecting his investment, after taking a mortgage and investing it on intel shares

>banzai
kek

>7nm
so we can expect to see it at like 2024?

intel inst the only one that's going to release a 7nm node, son

>m-muh 4 memehertz!!11

>Tachyum
Triple six, five forked tongue
Subatomic penetration, rapid fire through your skull

Desktop is irrelevant.

Tachyon The Fringe, matey. GROOVY.

>TSMC already fabbing 7nm chips
>GloFo ramping production in a month for 7nm
>Intel still sitting on broken 10nm
That's a real :thinking: kind of brane geneyus