Its thisa way to escape the botnet?

Its using this iteration of blackberry devices the only way to stay out off the botnet? We´ve seen that android records all the time the position of the users, and its probably the same for the ios contrapart but, when its come to OS, the BB OS10 was kinda secure system and works like a smartphone should. You could send sms, emails, chat over whatsapp/BBM/Telegraph, and run a maybe botnet free envieronment.

Attached: blackberryclassic-5042.jpg (1024x718, 575K)

>smartphone
>fucking blackberry
>escaping the botnet

Is there a way to escape the botnet with phones? Every carrier is discontinuing their 2g network so I can't even go back to using my old tracfone.

zerophone

Librem5 or Nokia N9

When it comes to security, the main issue isn't Android itself, its the cell infrastructure and how these modems operate. Even if you put a phone into airplane mode it can still be detected by a cell tower. Alphabet agencies have literally hundreds of ways to access the hardware regardless of whats running on it. The Qualcomm SoC and modem themselves are always accessible no matter whats running on top.
You're never truly secure on anything that has network connectivity.

BB10 is a step above Android on the software side of things, however every form of encryption on the device is done with a private key that Blackberry corporate has access to. They have all keys stored in their records and that means that law enforcement likely has them somewhere. It also means that someone else will eventually find them, and all BB10 devices will be rendered vulnerable at every level forever.

I have a Passport, its the only phone I use, but I don't have any illusions about security when it comes to a phone. Owning a phone is a huge compromise that you throw privacy out the window to accept.

You'll escape the google botnet but not the nsa (obviously.) It's still a much better option imo, but personally I'm waiting for the librem5. If that turns out to be a disappointment I'm going to bb10

And if anyone is interested about Android support
Most everything runs. Theres a workaround for getting the Google Play store to install and run. Most everything is compatible. The few apks I've had trouble installing could be remedied with one of the patcher tools. The Crackberry forums have a bunch of threads and guides about it.
If you really want to you can use the Google Play store, or FDroid works right out of the box. Blackberry's own app store is still there, but its mostly trash.

Downloading APKs from Google through the Bluestacks emulator on your PC is also a decent workaround if you don't want to download stuff directly from your phone.

slightly related but how do you install new applications & java games onto the older "feature phones"?

I've been trying for looking at some old sites and came across some old games I'd like to play on it instead of using an emulator

Attached: java game collection.png (1168x437, 36K)

yes buy a sony ericson

All phone carriers can trace your location at all times anyways, thanks to GPS, or, failing that, triangulation. I can't really see a reason Apple would do it if you turned off location services, as they have nothing to really gain by doing so (their ads become incredibly generic when you turn that stuff off, so continuing to follow you around seems like a waste of resources, since they have to pay to store this shit, but don't actually use it.

So if you're gonna own a phone, you're throwing a huge chunk of your privacy away regardless of what phone you buy or network you go to, but if you're gonna get a smart phone, it would behoove you to get one that still receives security updates.

BB10 is receiving incremental updates.
The current version is 10.3.3XXX and there have been 4 or 5 updates thus far. They'll likely end somewhere in 10.4 when its finally end of life.

Fair enough. But I can't imagine that it will last for much longer. Personally, I'm planning to get an iPhone 8 in a couple of months, and drive it into the ground. Fuck that FaceID horse shit. How holding a phone up to your face is more convenient than pressing a finger against a button is beyond me (I use a 25 digit passcode to unlock the phone, but touch ID to unlock apps once I'm actually past the lock screen).

The best way to escape botnet for a phone is to use something that isn’t a cellphone. Either find a way to send messages on a botnet free computer or keep a notebook and some quarters on hand and use a public telephone.

Don't forget that BBOS 10 is still proprietary, along with encryption that Blackberry has keys for.

They also said they would cooperate with law enforcement to either break the encryption for them, or give them a backdoor.

No.
Blackberry phones have locked bootloaders for 'security' and Blackberry has been known to cooperate with governments and similar entities.
If you're set on having a smartphone, find something like a Nexus 5 or Moto G 2015 with good ROM support. Everything is going to have a SOC with baseband processor backdoors unless you want to spend fucktonnes of money (see: Librem 5, Neo900), so you're pretty screwed anyway.
That said, AOSP + drivers, without any of the Google stuff seems to be the best way to go if you want a smartphone.

iOS and Copperhead are the preferred security OSes.

>Its thisa way to escape the botnet?
To escape the botnet in the wider sense (some company knowing too much about you, government having access to your shit…)? No.
The escpae the google botnet in the specific sense? Yes.

While is true, that's about everything RIM… err Blackberry can do. Google on android on the other hand does not only own your phone, but they also follow you on every website on every device, follow your navigation, see what stores you use (online and irl), know your illnesses and ailments, your family, your work… and so on.
Unless you invest a lot of time, there is no way to use android and avoid this, so yeah, BBOS (or iOS for that matter) is much better.
However, keep in mind that BBOS, while being the best OS this side of meego, is really starting to show its age. it's UI and UX are still lightyears beyond anything, but apps are getting hard to get (make sure that what you need runs beforehand) and a lot of websites simply don't work anymore, either because they use some "this site has been optimised for internet explorer 6" bullshit, or because the stupid floating navbar is taking up 50% of your screen, or because there's no adblocker, or because the cookie warning has its close button off-screen or because JS is too heavy to handle for that phone.
So I'm waiting for the apple announcement to see what they bring out, so that I can either get a Cheaper SE/6S or maybe shell out for the new SE, or just get the next dead man walking, sailfish OS.

But at least it's getting 300% more updates than any droid known to man.
Q10 bought in 2014.

Attached: IMG_20180817_090545.png (720x720, 394K)

The last few weren't too good imo

True. Really hate the fact that the word suggestion bar won't go away sometimes, and my strangely behaving spacebar could also be a software issue (as was the doubletyping thing 2 versions or so ago), but from a safety perspective, those are good. Also, unlike google and apple, they don't break the UI and UX with every friggin update and pull down hundreds of megs a day for shitty apps to make themselves worse.
So I'd call it a draw.

No like the last few updates
Or just 10.3.3 just felt really slow on both my Q10 and passport

and 3216 beta releases never gave me any issues.
My only complaint is that the hub has no dark theme to match the other system apps.

There are some minor bugs still listed in the release notes of the latest version, but I've never noticed them in day to day use.

Don't feel any slowdowns, but I only switched battery saver off like 6 months ago or so, since it really started to hurt browsing.

I guess it's just me then
I wanna buy another passport

I kinda wanna "upgrade" to a passport, but I feel like my life would be made a tad easier by having some apps, i.e. from my local railways and airlines, since they don't allow buying tickets on their mobile website anymore, for whatever stupid reason (Yeah, I now the reason, they wan't my data).
Also, it really sucks that BBOS can't block all those retarded accesses android apps want to have, so I'm probably not going to.

bump for blackberry greatness!

Attached: 090618-blockberry-01.jpg (520x762, 92K)

Escaping the botnet guide
0) Delete all your information online or obscure them as much as you can. Same for government documents.
1) Get an old Thinkpad, install libreboot and a Linux-Libre OS of your choice for normal work.
2) Get a USB and install Tails OS in it and connect to internet using just that.
3) Get an old dumb phone. Keep it off unless necessary.
4) Get a Wi-Fi router and a SIM card from the black market
5) Use them for communication if only you absolutely must, otherwise use public WiFi or callbooth or use someone else's phone or wifi.
There, thats all. Now if your goal is just media consumption and entertainment on a mobile phone then I am sorry I can't help you.

CopperheadOS is dead.
IOS is the only good choice. If you don't want to trust Fapple with the encryption, there are a few open source Veracrypt ports avaible.

The memebrem 5 will still be apart of the botnet, as will anything cellular.

Sweetie, did you forget the puzzle you had to do before you posted?

Only the poor do that.