How good is the nvidia rtx 20 series for gaming?

so i've been waiting for this series of cards(i've got a 970 and looking to upgrade), but this series has too high prices(i was hoping for the rtx 2070 to be ~$400 ). Unless rtx 2060 will have peformance equal to a 1080 ti, i'm thinking i will switch to amd(unless amd pulls a rx 400 series out of the hat)

Attached: nvidia-rtx-2080-ti.jpg (1600x1067, 198K)

no benchmark yet

2070 around 1080ti level performance

I'd wait for the 2060 if I was you thwt 599+ price is stupid

The RTX 2080 doesn't even have performance equal to a 1080ti

Please go back to /v/

>gaming

No benchmarks yet but everyone is predicting they will be barely any better than the 1000 series and for higher prices.
In all likelihood they will cuck rtx 20 buyers a year later with rtx 21

I would actually be glad, and positively recieve, a new RX 400 in a potential RX 600, in 7nm. Think about it, it's architecture is tested, i scales decently in lithology, and it's allways been decently priced. so if a RX 680 can level out in raw old school gaming performance with a 2070, without all that GayTracing bullshit, i'll would probably get one.

Shills, go back to your coffee room and have a talk.

We only saw it with Tomb Raider and gaytracing on, Everyone is more interested in normal fps performance with gaytracing off.
What I'm more concerned about is the thermal performance, Jewvidia stuck with blower style coolers when they had the GTX 480 which ran hot as fuck, Now all of the sudden they switch to dual fan coolers? add to that: every AIB card I saw so far had a huge fucking 3 slots cooler slapped on it! so we might see worse thermal performance.

Attached: 1530733853057.png (630x345, 230K)

The reviewers are saying it's around 10-15% better performance, but no official benchmarks yet.

No one cares about the stupid smudged shadows or flames reflecting off cars. The meme gigarays metric is reddit tier.

Attached: cards.jpg (1086x1700, 458K)

tl;dr: wait for 7nm architecture next year

Jow Forums is not /v/'s tech support and hardware review board, get out

Vega and Hawaii xt fag here be prepared for for 250-300w+ under heavy load
Thank fuck pascal was so cool I have a trifan and it's quiet as fuuuq

Wait for the inevitable GTX line, RTX is just bloat that no one will actually use this generation.

why tf is it 20x0 and not 10x0
what's with this industry's changing naming system every 4 years

HAHAHAHA, also theres really no need to release a good new card since there are no good new games

REMEMBER DE JIGGARAYS

It's not just here user. Movies cant number properly and cars can barely keeps consistent trim levels.

Attached: RTXON.png (1815x553, 1016K)

>How good is the nvidia rtx 20 series for gaming?

About 17.

The 2060 will not be named rtx. They will not be ray tracing capable. They will be sold as gtx

It's a big improvement over the GTX 1000 series.