So this is the power of Nvidia Ray-Tracing

So this is the power of Nvidia Ray-Tracing...

Attached: 1534902691497.jpg (1800x2024, 830K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FbGm66DCWok
youtube.com/watch?v=BpT6MkCeP7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pXZ33YoKu9w
youtube.com/watch?v=Ckupsw6B_48
youtube.com/watch?v=aKqxonOrl4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ak4L_GR5fYY
warosu.org/g/thread/S67264405#p67264985
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh this is nice and all but I'm never going to be able to afford a pc that can actually utilize this technology so its kind of null in my eyes

it's just a tiny bit brighter...WOW...

1200$ for this brightness + tip

Attached: th.jpg (474x359, 15K)

sadly this is the what ray tracing will be used for out of the box.

nvidia has enough full demos with ai denoise that they could to better, but its going to be used for a pathetic reflection effect rather then shadows on nearby objects that need a higher resolution shadow, or even taking weight off the gpu...

hell, my understanding of this is ray tracing on slows the gpu down despite having, dedicated hardware, so instead of doing the logical thing like, I don't know, render the ray trace and let it stick around while having the gpu which just had a load lifted run the game at a higher frame rate only introducing an updated ray trace effect every 5 or so frames, it drops everything down to ray traceing's frame rate.

wait a minute, is that 98fps at the top and 14fps at the bottom?
damn...

no its 1fps on both fucko

it's written on the top left corner brainlet.

Why do you lie OP? That's the same image edited, It's not RTX either since it's just one of those UE4 baked lighting demos.

Attached: 1514943054143.webm (1280x720, 1.65M)

That was obvious bait. If you could even call it bait, just a low tier attempt at a joke. You are the retard here.

oh, and just to rub some more salt in the nvidia gaping anus

youtube.com/watch?v=FbGm66DCWok

that is the brigade engine, here is an earlier one

youtube.com/watch?v=BpT6MkCeP7Y

that was done on 2 titans, the original ones,

here is another

youtube.com/watch?v=pXZ33YoKu9w

and another

youtube.com/watch?v=Ckupsw6B_48

hello another one

youtube.com/watch?v=aKqxonOrl4Q

Just want to point this out that it was done on hardware that wasn't dedicated to ray tracing and has no denoise, and it looks like its done faster than current nvidia's shit.

I honestly want to wait till I see tech demos and i know what nvidia's shit is actually doing, but they show off real time, and now we are only getting reflection shit.

Attached: fellforit.jpg (1198x1200, 105K)

I don't care about FPS since it's a still image tho. RTX ON is prettier.

had to do it.

Attached: jewvidya.jpg (384x565, 59K)

Is this released software ? Otoy are bigger jews than nVidia

Mostly looks like an exposure change.
If you do exposure + 0.7 offset -0.001 and gamma correction 1.05 in photoshop they're nearly the same.

Attached: Untitled.gif (1800x1013, 2.38M)

Don't make me call my lawyer, goy.

That's too accurate, and you need to DELETE THAT.

t. GigaGays/s guy

>bloom off
>bloom on

Attached: 1416865707320.jpg (1000x2876, 580K)

AMD cope thread.

it doesn't work like that

I think it would mainly be used in animations. Dynamic reflections, diffuse lightning, real glass refractions and maybe caustics.
Or you could just make another Myst with pre-render.

More like anyone who owns a graphics card.

it's a joke image, user. jesus.

what a huge waste of time and money

that's a faggot shill troll pic retard

"The final Nvidia Ray Tracing integration will be released as a post-launch update, and we are excited for our fans to experience it first-hand."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

>new technology costs a lot of money and isn't perfect
Wow fuck NVIDIA.
I demand $200 for god tier ray tracing at 0 performance hit day 1!
They got it to a point it is viable to do in realtime and sell as a feature for cards. That is all.

So, $1k and 84 frames for slightly better reflections?

it's fake Jow Forums shill shit retard

Buttmad novidya shill detected

kys
2070 is gonna be the next 970, a massive success regardless of your reddit-tier circlejerking "muh 3.5gb" lololol

wait women are actually upset over her?

>he realized that ray-tracing is meme just now
Wow.

and that's the problem, they aren't doing a pseudo bake/dynamic quality instead they are holding everything till the ray trace is done and even when it's just the fucking reflections it tanks performance

T-that's right ray tracing is a meme it will never take off! Wait for primitive shaders!

see
now add a denoise, as most of the time the image looks like it has more rays to work with then nvidia's hardware solution.

and this is nvidia's solution,
youtube.com/watch?v=ak4L_GR5fYY

There is a massive difference between the 'real time ray tracing' we see from nvidia and what we are seeing game studios implement,
we see no performance hit full ray on one side, and just the reflections take multiple cards and still tanks the shit on the other.

>they are holding everything till the ray trace is done
Imagine seeing scene that is baking layers of light as you go. For gaymes it would look terrible.

a baked reflection, so the frame rate is a little low, a dynamic shadow that instead of crippling the fps just became lower resolution/more fuzzy

I honestly think they would largely be unnoticed, but taking a game from lets just say a solid 60 and needing the person in charge of the demo to say ignore the frame drop, look at the reflections...

Exlusive BREAKING NEWS from WCCFTECH and VideoCardz:

NVIDIA JUST INVENTED SHADOWS FOR VIDEO GAMES!!!

(also; anyone notice the Battlefield V livestream demo, all reflections were turned off for "RTX OFF", but now I saw press-only video behind the scenes and now reflections are enabled on the "RTX OFF" during actual battlefield V gameplay)

something fishy

Attached: 2018-08-22 20_18_11.jpg (1180x1130, 202K)

no, the 2070 is positioning itself outside of mainstream appeal price wise.

Honestly this is going to be a fairly large opportunity for amd if they have fucking anything that can fill the gap.

>rasterization
>shadow

did you thread die after and came crawling here

OP is a retarded shill that has to reuse his bait across different threads

warosu.org/g/thread/S67264405#p67264985

pathetic

women hate any woman who men find attractive

Hard to believe those are actual comments. LMAO at roasties.