I'm tempted to buy one of these QLED 49 incher 144hurtz bad boys. Convince me not to, Jow Forums

I'm tempted to buy one of these QLED 49 incher 144hurtz bad boys. Convince me not to, Jow Forums.

Attached: zaamn.png (1050x507, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#H=100,240&a=21009&r=344001440&sort=rating&p=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're a NEET, you don't have the money.

>curved ultrawide

What for? 32:9? 50 inch?
Sounds too big for a fucking desk and if you want a TV, get a TV.
I'f just get a 3440 x 1440, 34 inch, IPS, 144hz, GSync monitor at that price
pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#H=100,240&a=21009&r=344001440&sort=rating&p=1

>TN panel
>ultrameme
>curved
>49 inch monitor

Flushing your money down the toilet would actually be a better way to waste it than on this piece of garbage

Give us micro LEDs already.
Twenty years of teasing.
Stop that.

What the fuck do you want it for?
Games? Doubt you'd benefit from 144hz at that resolution.
Productivity? Just get a second, more reasonable monitor.
Content creation? Don't make me laugh.

>Productivity? Just get a second, more reasonable monitor.
That's dumb. Given the same total area and number of pixels, a curved wide monitor is better than two flat monitors with a gap between them.

Damn OP. This would only cost me $800 USD. You are getting ass raped with that price.

Unironically I've been considering this monitor myself. Just so I don't have to deal with gaps between my monitors. I still have two QHD 25" IPS displays I will put above it or something for content creation or whatever but I'd use this monitor to have a game running in the middle and then I'd leave the left and right side open for other windows. Seems hard to beat.

>Curved monitors
I bet you're a redguard OP.

Regardless of what anyone else has said, this monitor is extremely good only if you solely use it for gaming

i saw the Samsung QLED tvs at the store and theyre the best looking tvs ive ever seen. do these QLED monitors have the same picture quality as those?

No.

Source: Best Buyfag

thanks. what makes them have such great quality? or what do i look for in a future monitor to get that same good quality?

10 bit, so so HDR quality, Over 100% of the RGBa colorspace (suck it IPS) VA panel

QLED is a meme right now, they shouldn't legally be using that term until they remove the backlight but they got away with it in the past calling everything LED to trick the uneducated (so called "QLED"/"LED" are still backlit LCD for now)

The reason highend televisions look better is because they utilize VA panels which have a native contrast of 5000:1, the X900(VA) was considered better than the Q7F(VA) because it had direct local dimming of the backlights enhancing contrast ratio further.

>The Sony X900E is better than the Samsung 2017 Q7F QLED TV. The X900E is brighter than the Q7F and has a better local dimming feature, great for movie lovers.

>1080p
We aren't in 2007 anymore

Exactly this is TN garbage, don't buy into the QLED crap until you hear about direct emission sans filter (electroluminescent QDOT).

Samsung is trying to make the same gambit they did in the 2010 with LED TV, it's smoke and mirrors.

>LED ≠ microLED
>QLED ≠ QDOT

From what I'm reading QLED can be pretty good though if it's an IPS panel with good local dimming. VA sucks if you want to view at any kind of angle besides directly in front, and the color gamut of IPS blows VA out of the water. Really the only thing VA has over IPS is black levels and contrast, but even that is ruined if you're sitting a bit off to the side.

Half a 4k screen for the same or more money?
Sounds like good value.

>2018
>still thinking in terms of one or two monitors are the only monitor options available
Ffs three monitors is the only way. Why is it so hard for you casuals to understand the concept of three monitors?