Linux will never have this

Seriously, what's the problem with creating an USB iso writer that's fast, compatible and just werks on l00nix? It's even open source just copy the thing you FOSS fat retards

Attached: rufus-128.png (128x128, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fossmint.com/woeusb-create-bootable-windows-usb-sticks-from-linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dd works better.

Attached: 1534472985035.jpg (852x937, 109K)

dd if=thing.iso of=/dev/sdb

There you go, just wrote it for you.

Are you mentally handicapped that you need a GUI? Then use etcher you fucking mong.

yes, only use dd and you'll find out that only the gentoo iso will boot

> What is dd?

>don't mention "ease of use"
>somehow a retard pedophile FOSS nigger brings it up

I made a working Arch ISO on an SD card using dd, and I also used dd to create a USB-based Debian installer several years back so that statement is incorrect.

The beauty of dd is that it's extremely simple and low-level, which makes it a universal tool that can be adapted to many different purposes and media. It's definitely better than Windows' approach of having a separate utility for every specific task you want to do on your computer.

dd already exists why the fuck else would OP post about rufus if he didn't want a writer with a GUI?

then when you need to deal with UEFI, EFI, GPT and other shit it fucks it up
>> fast, compatible and just werks
don't know I already stated why it's better than dd/ every GUI frontend of dd on Linux

what else do you need?

Brainlet detected

Attached: fa0.jpg (543x291, 26K)

dd just werks, why do you have room temp IQ?

Well, I've only used MBR, so I wouldn't know.

gentoo with systemd pulseaudio and KDE, which doens't work with dd ;(
>he used his bandwidth and his storage to post a "we live in a society meme" and somehow feels entitled to call others brainlets

> LOOK AT MY EPCI TROLL THEYRE ALL GONNA GET MAD AND CALL ME DUMB
sick post guy

>then when you need to deal with UEFI, EFI, GPT and other shit it fucks it up
you're gonna have to explain yourself better, because it sounds like you're just talking out your ass now

bait threads are the only thing keeping this shit board going.

Basement dweller rcinit gentooista who never had to deal with anything except 32bit dusty outdated thinkpads detected

Pretty sure Debian, Arch, and Fedora work too. Dunno about their various descendants (except antiX, which I tried out recently - dd worked fine), nor other distros.
t. gentoo

GUI or not GUI, Rufus is still faster than anything on Linux, and that's a fact
I know that you only use pentium 4s on this board, but OSs' ISOs have the ability of using UEFI, and you need to set up things differently

> Basement dweller
I don't live with my parents and I don't live in a basement.
> rcinit
Never used it.
> gentooista
Never used Gentoo.
> 32bit dusty outdated thinkpads
I have a Thinkpad, but it uses 64-bit i5s, and I used to be a Mac user.

All of those are wrong.

>I don't live with my parents and I don't live in a basement.
false
>Never used it.
false
>Never used Gentoo.
false
>I have a Thinkpad, but it uses 64-bit i5s, and I used to be a Mac user.
not only false, but if it were true also confirmed faggot
also phoneposter

Keep telling yourself that buddy. Whatever makes you feel better.

>I know that you only use pentium 4s on this board, but OSs' ISOs have the ability of using UEFI, and you need to set up things differently
an ISO is literally a disc image, I have never had issues using dd to create a bootable disk, you're probably doing something wrong

dd is scary, rufus is not. I'm a linuxfag but rufus is superior in every whey.

if you're really a brainlet who doesn't want to use the command line, then download etcher. there's a flatpak for linux and it just werks.

>dude wtf not only use a slower program, but one written in electron
the absolute state of linux developers ladies and gents

>op is scared of DD
>i recommend something that has a friendly gui and also works well
>durrr electron

Today's episode on Jow Forums!
Frustrated brainlet takes his anger out on nobody!

Another frustrated brainlet tries (ironically?) venting his anger out on free software projects that he didn't have to pay for! Will he somehow figure out how to be offensive enough to fool someone into finally suggesting software that he's comfortable with? Will he finally stick to windows and shut the fuck up? Or will he just make another thread? Stay tuned!

fukken saved.

Use unetbootin, then when you've graduated from that, use dd

Use gparted, and then when you've graduated from that, use fdisk and efibootmgr

Also wasn't someone making a Linux-based version of rufus a while ago? What happened to that?

wtf where did I subscribe to this unfunnily ironic nihilist detached commentary blog?

Unetbootin is slow unsupported dead trash

>Use gparted, and then when you've graduated from that, use fdisk and efibootmgr
so then dd is not the "ultimate perfect command line utility" everyone is boasting about

all of the linux iso extractors work as long as you're trying to make a flash drive with a Linux distro on it
had to make a bootable wangblows 7 flash drive and I spent 30 minutes looking for a solution that actually worked

use dd, or mount the ISO image, copy the files, and write the bootloader yourself.
wow that was fucking hard dude holy shit someone better pay me for this post man my head hurts.

How's high school?

how's liberal arts?

lmao 3 maybe 4 versions of this post would be a summary of this entire board

>extremely simple, straight forward post directly explaining a situation
>gets called "nihilist" for not being an emotional sperg rant and "detached" for not being bait/shill
golden fucking kek with a crown on it

dd is for copying a file to a block device. If you want to do other stuff then yeah you have to use other tools.

>But I want one tool that does everything!
Not useful because this stuff needs to be scriptable as part of the OS build process

>Unetbootin is slow unsupported dead trash
Then grab the source and start improving it yourself.

>But I want one tool that does everything!
I only talked about what Rufus does and how it does it better than everything else. If these Linux tards start jumping around talking about dd then it’s their autismic reaction

>Then grab the source and start improving it yourself.
Then grab rufus’ source cose and port it to Linux

dd just works

Rufus fucked up my SD card while I was trying to write the Arch ISO to it and made the partition unreadable. I had to repartition it, completely zero out the partition, then reformat it before writing the Arch ISO with dd.

No thanks, dd and fdisk work fine for me. Perhaps you should install gentoo.

>how it does it better than everything else
False, rufus is not scriptable.

>Unetbootin is slow unsupported dead trash
honestly don't get what your complaint is. I've used it plenty of times and it works fine. Doesn't seem to write slower than any other USB operation. Anyway, OP, perhaps GNU/Linux isn't for you.

>etcher
Pwned

came to post this OP is a retard.

This, for normies
Though I don't get why it's so bloated

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install woeusb

fossmint.com/woeusb-create-bootable-windows-usb-sticks-from-linux/

you fucking suck at googling...

I made a window 10 usb using this no problem.

dd does the job just fine.

what? They have like 30 different ones
pic related, no usb in my comp right now though.. but it auto detects, auto selects, and auto finds .iso and .img for OS's on your hard drives

Attached: Screenshot_20180823_004915.png (803x459, 36K)

Literally every single ISO I've tried works through dd or cat, you're just retarded.