One stick of RAM doesn't work

I'm trying to build cheap second PC with parts off ebay, i ordered 2x2gb DDR3 ram and when i put only one stick it works but with second one doesn't. I tried to set voltage in BIOS manually to 1.5v and i can get both sticks recognized in AIDA64, in BIOS it says only 2gb. Is there anything else that i can do or should i buy another 2gb stick?

Attached: 1534961113913.png (504x386, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kingston.com/en/support/product_verification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you tried swapping the sticks? It is the slot that might be faulty. I know my mobo always has trouble recognizing the 3rd, rightmost stick.

i tried that stick in both slots, doesn't boot but i get it recognized when it's with other stick
Mobo has only 2 slots, i had 2x4gb sticks before and they worked fine

Reseat cmos

I heard about AMD bullshit with memory sticks. Is the board ASUS by any chance?

>winblows 10

>use windows
>it doesn't work
gee, more news at 10

Yeah, ASUS M5A78L-M.
Somehow only logical explanation i can think of is that second stick is either faulty or different.
Also i noticed when i set voltage to "auto" in BIOS it won't boot with that stick, but at 1.5v it get recognized but it only says 2GB in BIOS.
What does win10 have to do with this, it's not even recognized in BIOS

>What does win10 have to do with this, it's not even recognized in BIOS
just ignore the autistic freetards

Does bios recognize it? Can you run bios level mem check?
Voting for dead memory stick.

>Somehow only logical explanation i can think of is that second stick is either faulty or different.
I take it, you tried inserting said second stick alone?
Also, 3 suggestions:
1. Try looking for memory remapping somewhere in BIOS (probably North Bridge config)
2. Try updating BIOS
3. Try all possible combinations of stick attachment. Usually, same colored ports should be used. Try inserting stick into slots 2 and 4 (counting from the CPU)

Attached: 6f83fd83485e4ef6a952fffb1d44d9faeb68626097692f9eb64d9790a05c98a3.jpg (678x650, 369K)

>Try inserting stick
*sticks. As in both

Each stick works one by one, just not both at the same time. Learn to read

Im voting on a dead motherboard slot.

try stick in different motherboard. if it doesnt work just contact kingston for a new one (lifetime warranty and all that)

The fact that nobody in this thread has suggested running memtest64 is saddening.

Once you've confirmed the stick is bad, get a refund.

>running memtest when board doesnt even detect the stick

Attached: 1534535621779.jpg (903x960, 52K)

It says 2gb only in bios
I have latest BIOS, mobo has only 2 slots (it's older non usb3 version).
I tried replacing sticks but can't even boot with second stick so i guess it's faulty even though it's recognized in AIDA and windows.

No, one stick works (first one) but when i only put in second one (so still one stick in mobo, second one) it doesn't work. Sorry if that caused confusion, first stick works in both slots, second one in neither of them.
I don't think it's original kingston, at least not that cheap.
I can't since it only uses one stick even though it's recognized in AIDA, i tried contacting seller and see what he will say.

Nevermind, i see now they partially refunded me without sending me message on ebay lol.
Guess i'm gonna get new stick in few days if this one won't magically start working

does one stick not work in any slot?
does the working stick work in both slots?

Cringe, I know a internet cafe with these boards, none of them have fully working RAM slots. Return board asap and order some decent AM3 board.

Read I used both slots before and worked fine at 1866Mhz, board is decent enough for me, i even got Fx8320e overclocked to 3.8Ghz from 3.2Ghz and added heatsink on VRM.
This is AM3+, also AM3 board in 2018? are you high right now? Board is probably like 5 years old i just don't want to sell it and need second pc for my TV.

One stick works in both slots, second stick doesn't work in either of them (can't get it to boot up) but when i put both of them it gets recognized but can't use it

contact kingston for warranty

I got partial refund from seller, since like one of the sticks is probably broken, friend and my new mobo is DDR4 so i don't have any other board to test.
Doesn't seem like original kingston to me, probably some tweak

what the fuck are you even talking about? your fucking screenshot in OP says kingston, it's fucking kingston RAM. contact kingston for a new free stick and who cares if you already got refund from seller

Oh yea, i just got brand new kingston ram stick for 5$, totally legit shit
I have old kingston ddr2 ram and it has sticker with logo that says "kingston" on it, this one is just some random sticker with 2gb 1600mhz written on it.
kingston.com/en/support/product_verification
Read before acting like jerk, or don't cause seems like you are too lazy to think before writting.

>it's fake cus sticker is wrong
yeah cus stickers cant fall off. how about you stop acting like a retard and contact them to actually check if it's fake or not

also, dont forget you made a tech support which is against the rules so shut the fuck up, faggot

Half information missing, model number from 1333mhz laptop ram, not sure why i'm even trying to explain it to you since you will most likely ignore it

Attached: ram.jpg (382x317, 40K)

I posted in other boards and everyone send me here, if it's not in rules it will get deleted, you can't stop acting like that and think before writing, or respond politely if that's not over your level

>AM3+, also AM3

S E M A N T I C S, you know what I MEANT

Eh still, AM4 is out almost 2 years now, not worth buying good quality AM3+ boards but they can be bought cheaply now for sure.