Amd kicking butt in the CPU market

>amd kicking butt in the CPU market
>intel making a leap of faith into the GPU market
>nvidia insinuating CPUs
>the fat jew making a serious killer move into linux gaming
>apple ditching intel for a brand new, unique architecture

The next few months/years are gonna be quite interesting when it comes to technolo/gee/, don't you think?
pic unrelated

Attached: whensheseesmuhdick.gif (311x300, 490K)

what about dose damn aliens tho

Attached: gay-black-kkk.jpg (500x333, 32K)

Is it really unique if it's just more x86?

ARM will never come to the desktop

Actually, no, sadly it doesn't. It's still irrelevant outside of servers.

>The next few months/years
Literally nothing will change. The interesting stuff will come once we move away from silicone.

it all points towards an ARM "footprint" with apple engineers delivering the finished product. When it comes to CPU instructions, It should be ARM in the end, not x86. I guess we'll know next year for sure.

>it all points towards an ARM "footprint" with apple engineers copying what microsoft did with x86 emulation years ago
fixed

kek

Moi je m'appelle Lolita
:)

>Actually, no, sadly it doesn't. It's still irrelevant outside of servers.

You must think we are fools to make your lies so transparent.

Attached: PeUcX0U.png (800x612, 246K)

You're a fucking idiot if you think AMD CPUs are relevant outside of servers. Go back to /v/.

Be this stupid.

Microsoft copied what Apple did when they moved from PowerPC to Intel.

Now iHaters are accusing Apple of copying the copy of them.

>a mactoddler actually thinks creating an x86 to arm emulator is anything like ppc to x86
kys moron

If you don't own a 1080TI and exclusively play gayems on a 240Hz 1080p monitor you're a fucking idiot. AMD is superior for literally every other use case.

>2019
>aliens still running the shadow world government

>If you don't own a 1080TI and exclusively play gayems on a 240Hz 1080p monitor
Nigga, this isn't /v/.

> AMD is superior for literally every other use case.
Being superior doesn't mean they are RELEVANT. People don't actually buy them, that's the issue with AMD not muh performance. Besides, they still suck major balls in the mobile market (aka. the bigger market).

Why would need they to emulate shit? Apple from ppc times was a small time company begging for scraps. Applel now owns every market they are in. Adobe and CC will beg to port their shit to ARM Macs.

This. They transitioned in the past with little to no trouble, and they can do it again, even more easily.
The whole thing will shake Hackintosh, tho. Maybe we'll get even cheaper hackintosh boxes, maybe none at all because of some CPU signature or something. We'll see.

>They transitioned in the past with little to no trouble
It's not hard to transition when you shit out a buggy useless turd that barely functions and just say "lol just buy our new produx."
And it worked because they had 0% marketshare anyway.

Hackintosh is probably fucked tbqh.

Hence it was much riskier back then. Now they have trust from their customers and full support from 3rd parties. Most of their software already has an ARM version either way.

That will change. The latest Intel bug literally requires you to disable hyperthreading to fully mitigate it.

How likely is it to be exploited though?
Besides, given how Intel owns the OEMs, I doubt it'll have a huge impact, no matter on how shit they get.

There was zero risk before because they had zero customers before. Now they're in the same position Microsoft is in with a sizable customer base dependent on programs that only run on older platforms, and transitioning will require either laggy emulation or complete alienation of said users and desperately hoping the developers won't just ignore the new platform, just like how all devs have ignored the Windows store and App Store on macos.

I have a matebook D with a 2500U and it's actually amazing.

>Being superior doesn't mean they are RELEVANT. People don't actually buy them,
AMD laptops are permanently sold out. I would buy one if they were in stock.

MS relevant user base are basically old people who depend on legacy software. They get triggered by even small changes see: Office 2010 - 2015 and the whole Win 8/10 stuff.

Applels users work in faster industries and are more open to change. MacOS changed at least as much as Windows over the times, with minimal complains. Also see the whole move to new ports.

>desperately hoping the developers won't just ignore the new platform
They would be retarded to do so. Mac is where the money is at, despite the smaller market share. Besides, if done right, there would be minimal effort from ARM Mac to iOS apps, and iOS is where ALL the mobile profits are at.

>App Store on macos.
Applel only recently started to take it seriously, besides it's nothing new compared to Windows store and their cancerous UWP. Besides, so far these are voluntary. If devs were forced to use the store, they'd hate it but they would have not much of a choice.

Probably down to smaller numbers produced.

No one is saying it's bad. Just not really on Intel level when it comes to mobility stuff like battery life.

>g-bj kkk

I wonder what did they mean by that.

tolerance & understanding bro

>How likely is it to be exploited though?
It may be exploitable with sufficient amounts of JavaScript in a browser.

Holy lol. Lack of competition really fucked Intel over the years.

It's more that they kept pushing performance with total disregard for security, moreso than competitors. Notice how the class of errors brought upon by Spectre also hits AMD and ARM, albeit much less often.

now just port everything to Risc-V and drop x86 and we're good

x86 will become a clerical architecture . in 20 years youll see computers with 5-10 20 core risc v chips. a couple of them dedicated to emulating an amd64 environment for running legacy software

What does the fat jew ?

gaben

Yea I figure. Many will be used for 32bit x86 as well because of how much garbage science shit still requires it

Gobon the video game golem, he swindles money from goy children and runs a massive merchant fleet.

>>nvidia insinuating CPUs
Sauce?

>battery life
no one goes ryzen mobile if they are looking to maximize battery life

What is Intel's future once Microsoft moves on? Never have I seen it so completely lost and directionless.

Wat.

They don't know, that's why every time Microsoft makes advances alongside ARM for x86 emulation on ARM Intel scrutinizes all code and threatens legal action.

NVIDIA is angling to eat Qualcomm's (and possibly Intel's) lunch. It wants to own the mobile OEM space and stock every data center with Tensor cores.

You'd be surprised, my matebook lasts about 5 hours non stop watching video, 8-10 hours general use. Intel has some options that would last a little longer but that comes with gimped 3D performance and a higher price.

thats a bit below the "premium" bar for the people who need 14 - hours of battery life in normal use
but its safe to assume ryzen meets demand of a different demo

Well, no shit. It's just people who are interested in laptops, often do care about ... them being usable as a laptop and not a replacement desktop.

>my matebook lasts about 5 hours non stop watching video, 8-10 hours general use
Which is pretty horrible given the low res screen. Specially the video one is surprisingly bad, is your GPU running at full speed or why?

They will get fucked harder if Apple does since they actually use the fancy expensive chips. If both do ... Intel really might disappear. Would be quite epic.

Who the fuck watches 4k movies on a 13 inch screen?

You get a 4k screen to work of course, but it's not like the power draw changes when watching normal res movies on it.

>It's just people who are interested in laptops, often do care about ... them being usable as a laptop and not a replacement desktop.
in my experience most people dont care to have only 8 hours if they know they are getting a desktop replacement. lots of mbp people still happy with older models have virtually no working mobility anymore but the machine being portable is enough

Attached: 1534986448630.jpg (1124x1024, 195K)

>most people dont care to have only 8 hours if they know they are getting a desktop replacement
That's like ... what I wrote, mate.

Also why is the rabbit so fucking huge.

apple would build in some way to jew it so it only runs apple shit

Not really

Intel still has the most market share and people still buy the latest i5s and i7s

The only thing Intel does not have is an answer to Threadripper since Skylake-X is a rushed hot mess

>nvidia insinuating CPUs

Attached: 14dzm6.jpg (500x500, 68K)