So now that the "Linux has no games" argument is invalid thanks to valve, what's your excuse for not using Linux?

So now that the "Linux has no games" argument is invalid thanks to valve, what's your excuse for not using Linux?

>muh photoshop and solidworks

Gimp and blender are better and free

Attached: fedora-24-gnome-3-20.jpg (770x432, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/linux
github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues
youtube.com/watch?v=dMgD3TMUsO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Gimp and blender are better and free

Attached: 1532369763271.jpg (603x452, 46K)

It's not invalid yet.

No professional software.
No drivers for specific hardware.

limux doesnt work tho

Yes it is, valve just released proton and I can play all windows games ever made

>All windows games ever made
Idiot it's just a rebranded wine with a few upgrades, you can't play every game ever, so it's will invalid, they gave yes a LIST if more games they support now and it's going to grow but it's not EVERY game ever

Whats my excuse? I need my laptop to last me all day, i get half yhe battery on linux vs windows

>a rebranded wine with a few upgrades
I wouldn't call something that breaks games which worked fine under wine an upgrade

Use the latest kernel. Battery is much better than what Ubuntu/Mint use by default.

Do i have to update to it or do distros come default with it

is this the next version of android

Won't proton be able to run windows software that isn't gaymes though?

>gimp
>better than blender

Attached: vO7lRZ7_d.jpg (621x702, 16K)

>so now that the "Linux has no games" argument is invalid thanks to valve,

That's what you wish you retarded fanboy.

There were like 4 or 5 anons who literally posted images of how games that were on the list of "supported" didn't work at all with Proton. They mentioned that it was a Vanilla Ubuntu installation and yet the very few games that were supposed to be ready didn't even work.

Also, no Excel, no AutoCAD. LMAO

Bruh just apt update; apt upgrade

yes.

>renting games on a bloated botnet
yikes

Read again and delete your post, please. No one likes seeing people shaming themselves like that, it's not even fun.

You are one dumb

>Gimp
>better than Photoshop

Thread invalidated. Go to literally any professional graphic design firm and tell them you think GIMP is better than Photoshop and watch the entire building explode in laughter.

FL Studio and some Native Instruments shit (Kontakt and Reaktor)

I don't have autism

It's an unstable, unpredictable, unpolished timesink and basically one GIANT STEAMING TURD. Fuck Linux desktops THEY'RE SHIT.

Attached: 49598.jpg (592x507, 60K)

I tried playing DDLC with it and it didn't work. Probably needs more tweaking. If a simple VN is too much then I expect others to be worse.

Ubuntu with cinnamon is pretty nice.

>[open source shit] is better than [adobe product]
Imagine being this retarded

Seething

No it's not it's terrible

You're right I am

>blender and gimp being on proper industry standard level
dream on kid

No it's not it's nice

no u

Attached: .gif (250x250, 435K)

Anything in photoshop can easily be accomplished in Gimp, faggot

Try selecting and moving multiple layers at once.

Draw a vector circle

Why the fuck would I ever want to do that

oh nonononono
and I'm guessing it can also do what Adobe Illustrator does
HAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

You just lock them together?

The future of gaming is streaming from a more powerful machine. All you're going to need is a program that received the video feed in real time. So Linux isn't going to have this problem anymore, and Windows will prob be free.

When you're a professional who is working on a large, complex project with tons of layers, that sort of thing may be necessary.

Great another fucking subscription service. That's just gay fuck that.

>no CMYK support
>no 32 bpp support
>no layer styles
>no adjustment layers
>no smart filters
>no clipping masks
>cant edit rotated text
>can't select multiple layers at once

Attached: 1495248444170.jpg (1280x1024, 265K)

the games run like shit with much lower framerates than on Windows.

>pay a bazillion dollar subscription for professional software
>or go through the headache-inducing rigmarole of finding and installing an outdated cracked version

OR

I can just download The Gimp to edit my memes.

Oh right, you're a child. GIMP is fine then.

I play FIFA 18 and Starcraft 2.

Attached: sides.gif (400x398, 816K)

Photoshooping isn't a career for real men sweetie

Linux still has no fucking games because no one important takes linux seriously. And for good reason.

what? not streamed from the internet you knob, but from your own PC

Fuck your mother, tripfaggot.

You can already do this with Steam it's awful

Proprietary software is unprofessional. True professionals have freedom (and know how to use it responsibly).

Linux is a kernel.

store.steampowered.com/linux

>headache-inducing rigmarole of finding and installing

>implying you don't have to install uncracked software

Honestly if you are that retarded how are you going to work with image compositing

Pardon my freetard nature but
>running an online DRM control system for proprietary software
>with VAC that is contstantly scanning your PC for "unusual" processes or network traffic
>for timewasting video games
is not happening on my PC.

I value my time bro

Still no games. Linux is a laughingstock and will be forever.

You can't do that in the kernel, you need to use the fully feature os GNU/Linux.

Attached: rms_interjection.jpg (1600x900, 450K)

>Linux is a kernel

Reminder that as someone who does interviews if someone says something like GNU/Linux or "Linux is a kernel" during an interview we instantly know you are an idiot and throw away your resume.

There actually is no VAC on linux

That's a huge contention point for server hosts is that VAC doesn't ban or detect linux users and they have to manually eject those assholes.

Most groundbreaking technologies start awful, it's more of a good sign at this point.

Nice irony

This. Imagine walking into a stock exchange and trying to impress them with "the supply curve is a relationship of price and supply."

Fuck off beaner tripfag

>interview at a brokerage
>the interviewer claims the supply curve is the entire economy
>gets angry when a candidate suggests differently

Good luck hiring competent employees with that strategy.

Interesting. If the servers themselves have to integrate some form of anti-cheat, it could lead to hilarious performance drops when combined with the new intel vulnerabilities which brutalize hyperthreading even more.

Kinda on your side, kinda not. I wholeheartedly support using GIMP and Blender on a professional level, and I actually do. Sorry, I won't tell you guys which company I work for, but I will tell you that I make commercials and training videos for our products, and all I use are GIMP, Blender, OBS, and Ardour.

I use 100% Linux on my laptop, and have done so for about a decade. No Windows, no MAC OS.
I've had combinations of 100% Windows, 100% Linux, and dual-boot on my desktop gaming machine for about a decade as well. (I was a console fag before 2006).

My most recent attempt to go 100% 'buntu went quite well, but some of my favorite (Windows) games had choppy frame rates with Vulcan, and I had a bitch of a time getting AntiMicro to be as helpful as Pinnacle Game Profiler. Lutris is quite buggy, and every Windows game felt like a chore to get running.

Controller support is kinda awful for some Linux games.

Lastly, the handful of Windows-only games that Vulcan could not launch started to make me regret erasing Windows, and my drive was in three partitions (slash/home/swap), so it would have been too much of a pain to shrink them all for another dual-boot, so I formatted and went back to 100% Windows after using nothing but 'buntu for gaming for about a month.

I've heard Microsoft intends to eventually charge for "Windows as a service." If that happens, although I won't be thrilled, I will reluctantly switch to 100% Linux on my gaming machine for good. I dropped Adobe for doing the "as a service" thing. Literally. It's the reason I make a living using GIMP. "As a service" assholes can fuck right off.

I think that about covers it. I'm ready to be called a nigger and a faggot. Thanks for reading.

Even if Linux were perfect, people would still find reasons not to switch. The masses don't wish for good things to happen, they don't want the bad things to go away (not that they can tell them apart anyway). They just want to keep tomorrow the same as today, because that means they don't need to adapt or learn anything new.

There are professionals using Linux and getting paid for their work. It's mostly the """designer""" soiboi industry that's lagging behind. They can keep using Windows forever, nothing of value is lost.

Blender and solidworks aren't even intended for the same thing you fucking moron.

>stable gaming platform
>243 open issues

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues

Not really fair. As I said here , I use Windows for my gaming rig, and nothing but Linux on my laptop. No dual-boot. I love Linux, but I'm a gamer first, Linux-user second. I don't hate myself enough to put up with the difficulty of getting 2/3 of my Steam library to run as well as they do in their intended OS. It's that simple.

Still gaming. It sucks for gaming

> New Project

> user fag bitching

244 issues now

If someone's just using Solidworks for 3D model building, then theoretically they are.
Blender's pretty versatile. It's definitely not meant for CAD, but you could definitely use it for model design and the kind of stuff they do on Fixer Upper, just making visual demos of houses, renovations, and stuff.

I use Blender to make 3D models of our company's products, and I use it for keyframe animation, both video and 3D.

>tfw windows is unironically the soi boi OS for youtubers and have the best programs
I just wanted to draw :c

lol it just flew right over that head of yours friend

>Still no games. Linux is a laughingstock and will be forever.

...says increasingly nervous man for seventh time this year.

Attached: Satya-Nadella-R-L.jpg (660x440, 23K)

>Gimp
OH NO NO NO NO
OH NO NONONOO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>linux is better because it's more in depth!!!
>w-why are people using javascript for web development instead of c++??

You just proved how ignorant you are. Leave.

No I got it perfectly. It's also a professional's responsibility to walk out on incompetent interviewers.

>>or go through the headache-inducing rigmarole of finding and installing an outdated cracked version

Just because you were retarded, doesn't mean it's hard.
Literally just:
>install photoshop
>crack with amtemu

I use GIMP for a living. You may prefer the methods used in PS, but I have never been beaten at the following challenge: Start with any image, and do something to it in PS that I could not replicate the end result of in GIMP. I'll be right here.

Please walk out if I ever interview you then

Aight, give me a hot minute.

Why would I be interviewing at a proprietary software company in the first place? Do you think I hate freedom like you do?

>what's your excuse for not using Linux?

my only issue is that is buggy as fuck and it needs better driver support.

That's an odd thing to do, considering that Linux IS a kernel. Are you fucking stupid or somethin'?

This thread reminds me of the good old mac vs pc shit on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=dMgD3TMUsO0

I'd like to make the switch to Linux, but I'm sitting on about 27 years of PC experience with Microsoft operating systems. Making the jump to something else and being an absolute beginner at it is what holds me back, personally. With work and family life and everything else, it's hard to make time to learn a new command line interface. Hell, I don't even fully understand how to install new programs (repositories?) on a Linux PC.

>tfw use i3 simply because "desktop environments" are unpolished and/or archaic steaming turds
>tfw installed server 2012 r2 and adobes on the other computer because need to get back doing some /gd/ print work and would never trust my money on underfunded, poorly cobbled together freetardware

Attached: kot.png (444x579, 299K)

installed STALKER on linux with zero wine bullshit to deal with. Yeah linux is officially competitive now.

Gimp users everybody.

Done. Try this:
>render a light effect
>convey distance
>paste gif
>warp photo
If you can do this, you've succeeded in proving your point.

Attached: 1523459036763.gif (1656x1231, 1.35M)

>games that actually work
>ui
>office
>creativity
>support
>power management
>drivers
>a non-50 year-old API
>familiarity
>not having to deal with psychopathic freetards every fucking day of my life
I'm happy to give all my money to MS and all my data to botnets so things just work.

i love i3 though

>>go through the headache-inducing rigmarole of finding and installing an outdated cracked version
>implying that finding the current Adobe Suite version and cracking it is any hard

>I can just download The Gimp to edit my memes.
So you're admitting you only use Gimp for memes and not for anything professional, when that's the thing everybody is arguing about.
Good job retard